Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The terribly auto-tuned Oreo adverts. The 'singing' almost physically hurts my ears.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    "Oh wow 5am, and it’s my period!"

Why is she so excited about being on her period? :confused:

Maybe she's at night school, and it's a free period?

I'm glad I record virtually everything I want to watch, and use "skip to next chapter" to go straight to the end of the ad break.

However, I hate the booking.com ad. I think they're trying to build back up to the one which was banned.
  • Options
    Lesley HLesley H Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be paying hundreds of £ to eat at Marco Pierre White's restaurant to get a knorr stock cube
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesley H wrote: »
    I wouldn't be paying hundreds of £ to eat at Marco Pierre White's restaurant to get a knorr stock cube

Just logged on to say how massively hacked off I am at this add. Stupid man.

Knorr are terrible, far too salty. And if he doesn't know that, he's a crap chef, and if he does he's lost any scrap of integrity he might have possibly had.

Plus I'm sick of his whispering voice and his crappy bit of smeared fried chicken.

He can roast himself.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Diesel ad. The man talks about being brave enough to ask out a beautiful woman. I'm sure more men would have the confidence to do so should they have the modellish looks of the man in the ad.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Richmond ready bake sausages look bloody revolting.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Health Lottery advert with Anthea Turner. Her voice is annoying as fudge, and I can't stand the special needs dancing by her and the peasants.

There is also a shampoo advert showing a model washing her hair and face, and a little bit of small print appears on the bottom of the screen saying: *please don't shampoo your eyes
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor McDonald using assorted scenes of human tragedy to sell glasses.
  • Options
    Chunky-KitkatChunky-Kitkat Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »

This. It seems terribly crass and very wrong.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer for the last series of Downton Abbey - another excruciating example of a twee female singer sounding like a timid 5yr. old (singing "Time to Say Goodbye).
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesley H wrote: »

He was the great guy who took over a place near Bath and made such a mess of it, and was so awful to work for, the entire staff walked out. It doesn't surprise me a bit he's advertising revolting stock cubes.
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    The trailer for the last series of Downton Abbey - another excruciating example of a twee female singer sounding like a timid 5yr. old (singing "Time to Say Goodbye).
    Godawful isn't it? Especially as I adore Andrea Bocelli.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The terribly auto-tuned Oreo adverts. The 'singing' almost physically hurts my ears.

Ooh it's awful isn't it. And as someone else has already pointed out, Oreos are so overrated.
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    # zoo-be-do zoo-be-do zoo-be-do
    zoo-be-do zoo-be-dooby-dooby-do
    zoo-be-do zoo-be-do zoo-be-do
    zoo-be-dooby-dooby-do-dooby-do # :p

Bloody song sounds like an unsuccessful attempt to represent Azerbaijan in the European Song Contest.
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    The John Lewis ad. OMG >:(>:(>:(

i can not believe how much its ripping off "little miss sunshine"
  • Options
    Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »

Agreed!
  • Options
    jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that Omid Dhjalili in the Three advert? If so he must be really struggling to be basically doing what an extra could do.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Untrue. That pug's a great actor, much better than most in adverts.

Agree. I love the expression on the pug's face when he turns to look at the guy, as if he is thinking "you pillock, I'll get you for this".
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    "This is what guys do when they shave."
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    almost all car ads. when are streets ever that empty, maybe 3.45am? i appreciate they have to 'sell the dream' but when most of us spend a significant % of our time in nose/tail town driving i don't really need to see people, near orgasm with joy/excitement, driving around strangely deserted towns.

ads for woman that maybe let out a bit of wee. hey, let's be original and show a bunch of woman dancing/prancing around like idiots showing they can let bits of wee out to their hearts content ... a bit like the billy connolly sketch years ago.

ANYTHING with nicole scherzinger in it.

charity ads showing images of people near death. 'just £5 a month from you would ensure this family had clean drinking water for a week.' so, what are their (no doubt corrupt) government doing about it?!? i'm going to regularly give a % of my hard earned into a black hole whilst the leaders of these countries and their families live like kings ...eh NO!

stupid cosmetic ads. 'now with added zinchydratefolicacidpeptidebotox to minimise wrinkles...' and the ones for men are no better, 'shaving's never been easier thanks to our new hydro-glide molecule technology ...' away and f*ck off!!!!!!

• Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The canals advert irritates me somewhat, not so much the advert itself but the fact that the song doesn't rhyme.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    All adverts for cosmetics and dental products which are so obviously video processed to make skin look perfect and teeth look dazzling white.

And the washing powder/tablets/gels ads where the unwashed thing looks grey in comparision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »

I've just heard that for the first time - my ears hurt. It's dire and out of tune
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still laugh at that Billy Connolly incontinence knickers sketch - genius
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The John Lewis one with the fat brat dancing
This discussion has been closed.