Options

Saorview In N.i?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the Sony HD Freeview Twin Tuner HDT 500 can receive Saorview and do so in same EPG as Freeview? I've asked in various shops where it has been sold and haven't got a definitive answer yet. I would be keen in purchasing this if it could.
  • Options
    Peter RheaPeter Rhea Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    I have a Picnic box which is MPEG-4 capable. Has anyone tried that to see if they work in Eire?

Doesn't do HP@level 4 for the HD channels (currently only one, but likely more soon with no SD simulcast).
  • Options
    lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the Sony HD Freeview Twin Tuner HDT 500 can receive Saorview and do so in same EPG as Freeview? I've asked in various shops where it has been sold and haven't got a definitive answer yet. I would be keen in purchasing this if it could.

I strongly doubt if the EPGs could be amalgamated as they use different systems to transmit it do they not?

Sony do not even seem to own that they sell the box as I have found nothing on their site about it.
  • Options
    MuzerMuzer Posts: 3,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Saorview just doesn't broadcast LCNs the same - I BELIEVE (I may be wrong) that the channel names and EPG are broadcast the same as Freeview, so most receivers (unless they are specifically designed not to) should get them in the 800s on a Freeview scan.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unklesam wrote: »
    I'm in Cookstown, Can't get a sniff

I'm between Moneymore and Desertmartin and pretty much the same.
  • Options
    ulsterlistenerulsterlistener Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    yes you are correct about the listings , the technika hd box puts rte 1 on 800 rte2 801 tg4 802 tv3 803 e3 804 etc
    so it is quite easy to find and the picture is really good
    and as i stated before only £30 from tesco
  • Options
    the cushthe cush Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    lbear wrote: »
    I strongly doubt if the EPGs could be amalgamated as they use different systems to transmit it do they not?

Both freeview and Saorview use the same method for epg data DVB-SI EIT. Its been reported on boards.ie that data from both DTT services can populate a single epg.
    Muzer wrote: »
    I think Saorview just doesn't broadcast LCNs the same - I BELIEVE (I may be wrong) that the channel names and EPG are broadcast the same as Freeview, so most receivers (unless they are specifically designed not to) should get them in the 800s on a Freeview scan.

A DTT receiver, installed with UK as the country/region, installs the Irish DTT channels in the 800's i.e. out of region.

And vice versa, DTT receiver (Ireland setup), UK channels in the 800's.