Options

tiscali still billing me

2»

Comments

• Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    masai wrote: »
    Look at the email I received from tiscail. It clearly says "Tiscali will not cancel your account until you have given your MAC code to another service provider" Now please tell me where the part about me needing to write to them to inform them about cancelling the direct debit is? Or am I suppose to read their minds? That was your original point right?
    Your point was they should have canceled it when you asked, but then a migration could not have happened and you would have been without service for 7 - 10 days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lindauk wrote: »
    I received a letter today from Tiscali threatening me with special accounts department. When i tried to access my Tiscali emails i can no longer log in, which is weird as i have logged in no problem for the past 9 years lol. I have rang the ISPA up and they going to get in touch with Tiscali again and try and sort this once and for all, as by right Tiscali OWE me money not the other way round :rolleyes:

They`re very good with the veiled threats aren`they!

I didn`t even get a letter from them, just that intimidating phonecall.

The very next day after that phone call, I actually got a letter from a debt collection agency, and I was just about to make another complaint to ISPA, when I received Tiscalis` apologetic phone call, and they told me to ignore it as it was their mistake.

I`m still waiting for the confirmation letter though! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smaugy wrote: »
    BT is supposed to send the "from ISP" confirmation that the MAC has been used. Sometimes they forget. Add that to Tiscali generally being twurds with customer service, and you have a challenge. Good luck.

Although I`ve had problems with Tiscali, I`ve had none at all with BT thankfully.

All I`ve had from them is the "sorry you`ve left us, please come back" type of mail...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Bluesowner wrote: »
    Although I`ve had problems with Tiscali, I`ve had none at all with BT thankfully.

All I`ve had from them is the "sorry you`ve left us, please come back" type of mail...

Tell them you'll come back if they promise to ditch the whole Phorm debacle, and promise in writing never to spy on their customers without their consent ever again, and if they promise to double your speed and half their charges.. although that wont happen. :)
  • Options
    lindauklindauk Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Received the following email from Tiscali this morning, Just so glad it is all now over :)

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

Firstly, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Upon checking, I can confirm that your account was cancelled on 1 October 2008 with no outstanding balance.

Again, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
  • Options
    LuxxyLuxxy Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this same problem with Pipex, but then they are the same company aren't they? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update from Tiscali. they have just rang me to apologise and instead of giving me £14.99 that they owe me for one month i am getting £25 for all the inconvenience :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lindauk wrote: »
    Hi i left Tiscali a few months ago and went with o2 :). I have received a bank statement and Tiscali is still billing me so i have cancelled DD. I honestly thought Tiscali would of just stopped taking money :confused: i have tried to ring Tiscali but as usual got no sense out of them, So just a warning to others that are changing, make sure you cancel DD or like me you will get stung

Tiscali kept there word and i received a cheque for £25 this morning :)