"Do you want this body?"
    "Is this a trick question?" :D
    I'd forgotten about Ray's dream sequence :o:D
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter: when we get to twenty, tell me... I'm gonna throw up

Peter: Nobody steps on a church in my town!

Peter: Woah! Nice shootin', Tex!

And I quite often have this line in my head when I have a bad day at work: :p

Janine: I've quit better jobs than this. (answers phone) Ghostbusters, what do you want?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope next year when it's the 20th anniversary that they re-release Elmer Bernstein's full original score on CD.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Not 20th, 30th Anniversary :eek:
    I feel old :o:(
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was on Channel 5 on Sunday and although I didn't see all of it, they left in the "dickless" joke and the line of "Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown". Not bad for a film shown at 2pm.
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    It was on Channel 5 on Sunday and although I didn't see all of it, they left in the "dickless" joke and the line of "Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown". Not bad for a film shown at 2pm.

Yeah but they contradicted themselves and stupidly left out Winston's "I have seen s**t that will turn you white" :confused:
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    "The flowers are still. standing"

Love the way Bill Murray delivers this line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Not 20th, 30th Anniversary :eek:
    I feel old :o:(

Oh yeah, it's 30 years... oops :o:D
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... all proving the important thing in films is the story and script. not the photography.

bill murray is brilliant in this. i understand he often turns down offers until he gets one that fits his particular style.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    One thing I like is how much sexier Janine becomes in Ghostbusters 2, and Lous Tully bags her!

Lucky devil.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite comedy film. It is wall-to-wall classic line territory.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love both Ghostbusters films. Probably because I grew up watching them and loving the theme song but I think they are just great fun and perfect escapist flicks. I do think the first is VASTLY superior to the sequel in terms of subtle witt, but I think the sequel is a lot of fun too for what it is.

I feel like one of the few who doesn't want a third Ghostbusters film in any form. I hope Bill Murray continues to dig his heels in over saying no to it because it could so easily be a disaster that just taints the original.
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,932
    Forum Member
    Ghostbusters is indeed far superior to Ghostbusters 2; you can tell they poured all their best ideas, jokes and situations into the first film - probably assuming they'd never be a sequel.

G2 is one long struggle to get through I find, barring the odd half-decent scene. Plus the original film is a genuine comedy, you can laugh nonstop all the way through it. Probably one of the best films of the 80s in fact.

It's devilishly hard to get a comedy/horror film to work really well, AND also make it family viewing. They hit the jackpot in every department.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    I was but a schoolboy when GB was first released. Obviously a film best seen in a mob. Thus a mob of us trotted along to our local Odious.

We all piled in. We all bought snacks and drinks. We all laughed at the same joke ("dickless"), and we all piled out again.

Nonplussed/underwhelmed was the general consensus among us. Just didn't click at all.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Janine: Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
    Winston: Ah, if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Ghostbusters was pretty shit!

Ghostbusters 2 on the other hand was fantastic!
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Ghostbusters was pretty shit!

Ghostbusters 2 on the other hand was fantastic!

I thought so, too.
  • Options
    punkyfish50punkyfish50 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    Off to New York this time next year, have already let my wife know I'm taking her to see some NY firemen (in a certain firehouse that's still active!), my reason'll go over her head but we'll both be happy.

If you're location spotting, also track down the apartment block at 55 Central Park West (between 65th and 66th Street) where the climax of the movie happens. Apart from the fake gothic roof added for the movie, it looks exactly the same and there really is a church next door.

(Tavern on the Green across the street which also appears in the movie is currently fenced off for refurbishment but should be back next year).
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. We're staying at the Hotel Beacon which I don't think is too far from the apartment so was planning that too :)
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went this year to Zuul! Slipped the doorman a couple of dollars and got my photo taken there :-)
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbusters 2 is one of my all time favourites because I saw it in the cinema, but as an adult I still love both. Bill Murray is ridiculously funny in them, he's 90% of the film for me
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    It's a great film. Went to see it 3 times when on at the cinema, rented it few times out on VHS. I even bought it for my children later on DVD who didn't know what it was.
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine (on the phone to the hotel manager): Oh yes, they'll be totally discreet.

Venkman (when they get to the hotel): HEY ANYBODY SEE A GHOST?

Lol.

Also love his reaction when the hotel manager sneaks up on them from behind.
  • Options
    Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Good film. Still fun to watch after all these years. And it still resonates with young kids today. As a matter of fact, yesterday I saw 4 kids trick or treating in full Ghostbuster gear. They had the uniform, the proton pack, the whole works - even a ghost trap. :D

Its timeless. Its like Star Wars and the Wizard of Oz, it will always find a new audience just on the strength of its reputation.