Would YOU be a corrupt copper?

Comments

• Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was invented for such as you

Please elaborate what you mean as 'such as you'? I'm having serious Saskia Howard-Clarke BB 6 flashbacks...
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Please elaborate what you mean as 'such as you'? I'm having serious Saskia Howard-Clarke BB 6 flashbacks...

What did the old bill do to you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even if your house was burgled or you witnessed a friend being raped?

Nah, they'd probably come up with the excuse that they can't arrest them because they have a 'mental illness' like last time I reported a break in.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did this a lot a few decades ago

I recall reading that some police stations had a list of local crooks along with a date they were last roughed up. If it looked like it had been a while then a couple of coppers would go out and look for the bugger to give him a kicking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did the old bill do to you?

Let's not. I can already feel myself bubbling with rage as I think about it!!!
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who?????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who?????

Nice deflection. You're proving that I am right about the police. I hate the lot of you!
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice deflection. You're proving that I am right about the police. I hate the lot of you!

Deflection?:confused: I've no idea what you're on about, which is normal.

There are some regular anti police posters on here, but you make most of them sound loving towards the job.

You should get some help. it's not normal for such a level of hatred towards people you don't know.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, or falsifying evidence, spying on families who accuse the police of wrong doing, stop and searching black men, shooting a man whilst he's begging for medical help after a car crash, beating a woman up because she was on the phone, or manhandling a person so hard I bring on his asthma causing him to suffocate to death. Nah, wouldn't want to do that...

How you behaved would be up to you.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, they wouldn't - I'm not the right colour.

You do talk bollocks sometimes. Especially when you consider the fact there are records of, for instance, a black police constable working in Carlisle during the 1830s.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/feb/03/britain-19th-century-black-police-officer

I'm pretty sure that Kent (and Norwell Roberts) didn't have an easy time, but the point is, he did get to work as a police officer. In fact, I feel your seemingly flippant response is an insult to the likes of Kent and Roberts.
  • anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrtdg82 wrote: »
    The way everything is recorded now days makes it very difficult for anyone to be corrupt. I'm sure some still get away with it but ultimately due to data recording and data protection it makes it very hard.

All radios are equipped with gps, all calls are monitered, every system you used is audited, it wouldn't be easy.

Doesn't stop them trying though. See plebgate and the students who were assaulted by police and when they complained- promptly arrested and themselves falsely accused of assault. Thankfully for the students, the whole thing was filmed.

The Cardiff Three case happened after PACE was introduced.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    plymgary wrote: »
    Whenever I watch something involving the police, I often wonder if they would hurt some of the scumbags they come across if the cameras weren't there? They must have their ways of doing it without leaving bruises, and I suppose they could back each other up should a complaint be made.

I think I would probably be corrupt in that sense. Some of the scum featured on these documentaries make me mad! So, do you think you would toe the line?

I don't know what the police get up to for sure, but all those drugs and money they manage to confiscate from various people, how likely is it that all of it is disposed of correctly.

I would say probability very low.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i wouldn`t be a copper at all but if i were i care too much about my integrity and what i think about me to be a bent one.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    I'd probably be as 'corrupt' as Henry Voight.

Woah, check out the edge on this one. Hope you don't run whilst holding that edge.

Until I googled it I did not know his first name was Henry, everyone always calls him Hank or Voight. Funnily enough I was watching it earlier and thought, "if I was a copper I would like to think I would be like him."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be like Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant

If somebody gives you that power you might aswell use it for personal gain, like money drugs and sexual favours
    :D Lol. How disappointing you would find the job of a PC in the UK.

For heavens sake, you sound about 6. Do you honestly think 'Saskia Howard-Clarke' is some kind of famous cultural reference?
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Lol. How disappointing you would find the job of a PC in the UK.

For heavens sake, you sound about 6. Do you honestly think 'Saskia Howard-Clarke' is some kind of famous cultural reference?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea who that is either and judging by the poster's other remarks on this thread I cannot be arsed to find out.

Anyway these these chaps could cut the crime rate a bit.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/05/article-0-0A55C5D4000005DC-393_468x286.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100603213022/reddeadredemption/images/0/0a/Gene_Hunt.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [
    I have no idea who that is either and judging by the poster's other remarks on this thread I cannot be arsed to find out.

For the benefit of the mildly curious, she was a Big Brother housemate 9 years ago, very beautiful and with awe-inspiring breasts, who once criticised a black housemate in a sentence involving the phrase 'you people'. She was half Sri Lankan herself if that is relevant.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd probably be too soft as well with regards to petty crimes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deflection?:confused: I've no idea what you're on about, which is normal.

There are some regular anti police posters on here, but you make most of them sound loving towards the job.

You should get some help. it's not normal for such a level of hatred towards people you don't know.

Ok you play coy and pretend you didn't just imply that all black people have chips on their shoulders. You think you're being clever but actually you're proving that the police are untrustworthy, malicious conniving snakes I know them to be.

I think it's the police that need 'help', taking out their aggression on unsuspecting citizens that are just trying to go about their day.

Anyway, I believe in karma and cases like that cop killer in another thread make my day.

This is the last conversation I'm having with you now. I hate you and the police in general. Please do me a favour and don't speak to me. Thanks.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok you play coy and pretend you didn't just imply that all black people have chips on their shoulders. You think you're being clever but actually you're proving that the police are untrustworthy, malicious conniving snakes I know them to be.

I think it's the police that need 'help', taking out their aggression on unsuspecting citizens that are just trying to go about their day.

Anyway, I believe in karma and cases like that cop killer in another thread make my day.

This is the last conversation I'm having with you now. I hate you and the police in general. Please do me a favour and don't speak to me. Thanks.

Stop being racist. Not all black people are drug dealers and gangsters like you're suggesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is a very rational stance to take over thousands upon thousands of people you have never met.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a rude and childish person you sound. Learn to debate before you join a debating forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a rude and childish person you sound. Learn to debate before you join a debating forum.

I suspect they are a WUM - no one can be that childish.

Thanks for the heads up about that BB woman - I googled her and I am amazed that she does not simply fall flat on her face every time she stands up!

Bloody hell! :D
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

deep purple`s lucky day.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Take some chill pills eh!
    For heavens sake, you sound about 6. Do you honestly think 'Saskia Howard-Clarke' is some kind of famous cultural reference?

If it were down to norks, then maybe yes. As opposed to narks.