Women, what do you go for in a guy?

Comments

• Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Sense of humour is the top factor for me, somebody who likes to smile, laugh, whose eyes laugh. Has to be able to be serious though too, enjoy a good chat. Looks, I don't have a type, although I do have a fondness for a quirky grin.

Pretty much the same here for me. I do have a type of "look" though. I seem to like guys you could class as "a bit of rough" :blush:

I tend to live by the 'never date a man you could beat in an arm wrestle' rule.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much the same here for me. I do have a type of "look" though. I seem to like guys you could class as "a bit of rough" :blush:

I tend to live by the 'never date a man you could beat in an arm wrestle' rule.
    Hahaha :D I can see your point of view there :D I do agree on the 'bit of rough' bit too, I'm not too keen on the suave, nice suit, clean-shaven look.
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
    Forum Member
    Not to me. :blush:

Weird isn't it - you spend all your time clothed - then it's like the big reveal when somewhat like a trip to the doctors the clothes come off and you can no longer hide behind the smart clothes - you are being judged. Failure to meet expectations means you have failed the test.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has taken an unexpected turn... Do people really have time to think about those things in the heat of the moment and in the mids of passion? By the time it comes to taking your clothes off, you've pretty much passed the attractiveness test and it's now about other stuff :blush: I never stopped and sat down to think about whether I like the guy's freckles. By the time we're in bed, I'm guessing it's a given that I'm attracted to him.

Alternatively, switch the lights off :p
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just normal. With a so so personality, and plain looks, and a stocky...ish body. But I can cook, clean, iron, shop, dust, hover, live on a budget, and can even sew on buttons.

You should really sell the fact that you can hover. You're like a human helicopter. What woman wouldn't want one of those?!
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    This thread has taken an unexpected turn... Do people really have time to think about those things in the heat of the moment and in the mids of passion? By the time it comes to taking your clothes off, you've pretty much passed the attractiveness test and it's now about other stuff :blush: I never stopped and sat down to think about whether I like the guy's freckles. By the time we're in bed, I'm guessing it's a given that I'm attracted to him.

Alternatively, switch the lights off :p

I think these are more from a relationship point of view.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Kind, nice, funny, good sense of humour, similar interests, music, films etc, like to eat good food.

Physically I like guys who stocky, tall, dark hair and eyes, luckily my boyfriend ticks almost all the boxes!
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vulpes wrote: »
    You should really sell the fact that you can hover. You're like a human helicopter. What woman wouldn't want one of those?!

o :blush: >:(
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks:
    Medium height
    Medium build (someone you can cuddle up to)
    Mid length hair
    Not too preened (I hate pretty boys, I hate waxed chests and too much hair product)

Personality wise:
    Intelligence is a must
    Good sense of humour (I like a Chandler sense of humour :D)
    Responsible (Not one of this "WHEY LAD" boys).
    Loyal
    Doesnt take himself too seriously
    Introverted (I'm quite introverted myself)
    Open
    Kind of quirky

Quite a lot of women seem to have a prerequisite lengthy list of
    attributes she requires in a likely partner.

Seems much too "premeditated" for my taste. It's like blokes who'll only go out with blondes. Still it's a much shorter "list", which is something I suppose.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks (if so, what kind), personality, confidence, geekiness, manliness, unmanliness, having a certain look fashionable or otherwise? Humourous, serious, intellectual or fun?

Am I past it at 38 and more of an introvert who doesn't say much and with fading looks? And what age range do you date anyway?

Have the answers provided so far given you hope for the future, or thrown you into a deep pit of despair?
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well call me old fashioned but personally I like to have regular sex with mine.

And the best thing is that when you're finished you can deflate her and put her back under your bed.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    o :blush: >:(

So it's less hovering Houdini more handy with a Henry? Oh well!

:p
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »

Seems much too "premeditated" for my taste. It's like blokes who'll only go out with blondes. Still it's a much shorter "list", which is something I suppose.

I don't think the list is that long. Nothing wrong with having high standards.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    an older man, with a hairy chest.

all the women I have ever fancied didn't like hairy chests. Which made me paranoid. Still I can think of worse things than being single with no kids.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old, bald, big nose, sticky out ears, geeky and funny apparently.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps that FM is merely describing their partner, not that those were the qualifications before she met him.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the list is that long. Nothing wrong with having high standards.

A young Sophia Loren wasn't blonde but she'd be fit enough for most men. No lowering of standards there, eh.

I would find it an unattractive trait in a woman who had such a tick list and viewed relationships in such a calculating way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A young Sophia Loren wasn't blonde but she'd be fit enough for most men. No lowering of standards there, eh.

I would find it an unattractive trait in a woman who had such a tick list and viewed relationships in such a calculating way.

Having a type isnt really calculating, its just describing what you fancy.
    I don't see anything calculating in this list.

Medium height
    Medium build (someone you can cuddle up to)
    Mid length hair
    Not too preened (I hate pretty boys, I hate waxed chests and too much hair product)
    Intelligence is a must
    Good sense of humour (I like a Chandler sense of humour )
    Responsible (Not one of this "WHEY LAD" boys).
    Loyal
    Doesnt take himself too seriously
    Introverted (I'm quite introverted myself)
    Open
    Kind of quirky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

Those aren't requirements (well barring the responsible and loyal). Those are just what I prefer in a guy. It's not like I meet a nice guy who is skinny (as an example) and say "no thanks buddy" :confused:

I don't know why you've chosen my post in particular but alrighty....

I like medium height because I'm very small, I like responsibility and loyalty because I've been cheated on, etc, etc.
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vulpes wrote: »
    So it's less hovering Houdini more handy with a Henry? Oh well!

:p

I use a Sebo [X1.1]. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get quite alot of attention from women (even though happily married). I find honesty, open mindedness and confidence aswell as being handsome is a good combination, As well as the ability to dominate at times.

Ewww.
    :o
    /|\

Can't predict physical attraction really imo; sometimes you just fancy someone who looks nothing like anyone you have fancied before.

But apart from that, someone with a reasonably positive attitude: I can't bear people who are a mass of vicious cynicism, always insisting that everyone else's motives are bad. Someone tolerant and kind and able to laugh at the life's inconveniences.

How horrible to go out with someone who was always in a rage because he has had to stand in a queue or because a waiter or shop assistant has got something slightly wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ewww.
    :o
    /|\

Can't predict physical attraction really imo; sometimes you just fancy someone who looks nothing like anyone you have fancied before.

But apart from that, someone with a reasonably positive attitude: I can't bear people who are a mass of vicious cynicism, always insisting that everyone else's motives are bad. Someone tolerant and kind and able to laugh at the life's inconveniences.

How horrible to go out with someone who was always in a rage because he has had to stand in a queue or because a waiter or shop assistant has got something slightly wrong.

I cant stand people like this.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woman I used to work with wanted a rich transvestite who loved shopping.

If I knew one I'd be in there first....
  • carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...yself)
    Open

Introverted AND open???

And to think we often complain that women are impossible to please. :o:o:o