How do I get my PAC number from T-Mobile?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,062
Forum Member
✭✭
Also do I have to pay for it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Assuming you're out of contract:

1. Phone up customer services
    2. Tell them you want to leave and ask for the PAC (it's free)
    3. Smile as they beg you to stay by offering you good deals

;)
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good deals yes :)

This year so far from threatening to leave i have got a Nokia 7650 and Nokia 3650 off them for FREE :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats a pac number?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by saxton
    whats a pac number?

It's a "Porting Authorisation Code". Basically lets you transfer your mobile number from one network to another.

Get the PAC from your old network and then give it to your new network, the amount of time it takes for the number to be transferred varies but can be as little as a week AFAIK.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok thank you, just wondered thats all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by ripsaw82
    Good deals yes :)

This year so far from threatening to leave i have got a Nokia 7650 and Nokia 3650 off them for FREE :)

Wow that's lucky, I've left Vodafone and Orange in the past, Orange have tried to keep me, they were very nice and I've since rejoined, but Singlepoint (Vodafone Provider) didn't give a s***, they even kept billing for line rental after disconnection and the SIM deactivated! It all ended up in a collections agency, but after some words, all was sorted!
  • maf571maf571 Posts: 6,391
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by moomini
    Wow that's lucky, I've left Vodafone and Orange in the past, Orange have tried to keep me, they were very nice and I've since rejoined, but Singlepoint (Vodafone Provider) didn't give a s***, they even kept billing for line rental after disconnection and the SIM deactivated! It all ended up in a collections agency, but after some words, all was sorted!

I have been with Virgin since the day it was launched and when O2 were offering 300 free SMS for the same cost of running a mobile as VIrgin I emailed Virgin and asked if they had any plans to match, save me arranging PAC codes etc. They were not bothered if I went. Its been nearly three years since I joined Virgin and I switched last month to O2. I am not spending half as much now as what I did with Virgin....

for more info on O2 go to www.o2.co.uk/shop
  • jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O2 - whos ur billing company? I wouldnt touch with a abrge pole.

Always threaten to leave at the end of your contract - they always offer you something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by maf571
    I have been with Virgin since the day it was launched and when O2 were offering 300 free SMS for the same cost of running a mobile as VIrgin I emailed Virgin and asked if they had any plans to match, save me arranging PAC codes etc. They were not bothered if I went. Its been nearly three years since I joined Virgin and I switched last month to O2. I am not spending half as much now as what I did with Virgin....

for more info on O2 go to www.o2.co.uk/shop

I used to be on Virgin pre-pay but switched to O2 pre-pay as I like the mobile internet and text bolt-ons you can get. Because most of my use is mobile internet and text I am now spending much less than I was on Virgin.

Unfortunately my Virgin SIM still has £20 of credit on it and I sold my Virgin Mobile phone and my new one is locked for O2 so it looks like it'll be lost :cry:

Anyone want to buy a Virgin SIM with £20 of credit :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    £10?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I've just requested a PAC code from Singlepoint- and they've said I will be charged for 30 days worth of contract from the date of number transfer- i.e. I will pay £19.99 for a months service that I cannot use as the SIM will not be active! Are they allowed to do this?

Plus they've charged me £20 for the PAC, do Oftel still allow companies to charge for them?

Thirdly, I'm transferring my number to O2 Online Pay as You Go, I already have the SIM, should I register it before or after I give them the PAC code? I've tried emailling them, but their service actually makes Singlepoint look like a good company to deal with... :eek:

Thanks.
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heheheheh, you went with Singlepoint :p The evil..........