Options

Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers!

Comments

• Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Yes, could have put the blade in his water cup which he then concealed in his mouth.

The plastic cup was transparent. You'd be able to see the blade.

Saul could have passed the blade to Afzal in the empty wrapper from the ear piece, when he greeted Afzal and held his hands.

I wonder what Saul said to him? There were no subs.
  • Options
    DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    You can tell something big and shocking is about to happen - hopefully in the next episode. It's been a slow burner so far and the cloud of suspicion has started to drop on a number of characters. I think it's time for some action.

Someone posted that they find Carries character not particularly likeable. I disagree, I think she's a very interesting character, tenacious and vulnerable.

I think Carrie's all those things, still doesn't mean she's likeable though. Watcheable yes, likeable? not to me. She's too highly strung, even the smiles are a bit forced from her and she is a mess.

The only time I've really warmed to her was when she was with Brody outside the veterans group - but that was false on her part - she followed him there in the first place. Now she's used that myth of shared therapy to lull Brody into thinking that's something she doesn't want anyone else to know about her. Their little secret.

She's a piece of work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Saul could have passed the blade to Afzal in the empty wrapper from the ear piece, when he greeted Afzal and held his hands.

I wonder what Saul said to him? There were no subs.

Yeah and what Saul said and what Affie said to Brody on his way out....?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denley wrote: »
    the look on Affie's face when Brody comes into the room - was that fear?

but was it because his prisoner was now face to face with him?

or fear for Brody being turned against him and the plot?

Great ep, really enjoying this series.

Surprise, I'd say.

After a re-watch there's a little continuity error in the ep - when Brody & Affie get at each other the food container is all over the floor, then when Carrie's showing the clip of Estes standing over the table later, the food container's miraculously returned to the corner of the table ;)

Well spotted! Denley. :cool: That was really sloppy.

I think Estes is working with someone on the outside. Still think Mike is involved somewhere....and what about the guy Carrie's teamed up with? (not Virgil - can't remember his name)
    Actually, any of them could be the mole :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Many people keep on asking this and I have to tell you from personal experience, using someone's surname often evolves into nickname usage. I know plenty of people where this is the case. Especially if they're in the service. If a name tag has the last name prominently out there one will be known as that last name; again it evolves into a nickname. I grew up with someone named Adrian Jackson, many of us ended up call him AJax (Ajacks). As he got older, others called him Jackson and he's still called that today even by his wife. :p There's always some kind of variation to it.There's nothing profound about it.
    Judging by the constant questioning by Brits, I'm wondering if its just an American thing. ;)

Yeah I don't see anything odd in that either but then Denley's my nickname, only my parents and Uncles/Aunts call me by my Christian name. I hate it. :mad:

Everyone else calls me Den, D or Denley - and some on DS, Denners which I quite like too :D

We use people's surnames as nicknames at work too - not in a stuffy way, just there's a lot of people with the same first name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprise, I'd say.

Well spotted! Denley. :cool: That was really sloppy.

I think Estes is working with someone on the outside. Still think Mike is involved somewhere....and what about the guy Carrie's teamed up with? (not Virgil - can't remember his name)
    Actually, any of them could be the mole :D

Yeah it could have been surprise - but he looked a bit more worried than that. It dawned on him this wasn't going to go well.:) for whatever reason.

I was looking to see if Brody slipped anything into his food box, which he could have done, then saw the error - oops :D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and what Saul said and what Affie said to Brody on his way out....?

Probably something that can't be translated.:o

What if there were two moles? Estes and Saul?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably something that can't be translated.:o

What if there were two moles? Estes and Saul?

What if they're all moles and Carrie's the only sane one? :eek::D

As well as who the mole is I'm starting to wonder what their motivation would be? Have another 9/11 to get the benefits of extra muscle to the CIA? or just unpatriotic? or some deal , political or financial, with the Saudis?
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed it was a prayer because I heard an amen at the end.

Yes, but does anyone know whether it was it a Hebrew prayer or an Arabic prayer? Was it to the Jewish G*d or to the Muslim Allah?

I know some Hebrew prayers, but I did not recognise any of the words Saul used. I don't want to go on-line to find out because the US are a few weeks ahead of us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it could have been surprise - but he looked a bit more worried than that. It dawned on him this wasn't going to go well.:) for whatever reason.

I was looking to see if Brody slipped anything into his food box, which he could have done, then saw the error - oops :D:o

I thought he looked surprised to see Brody in his US uniform...maybe it was shock.lol
    I'll have to watch it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    He may have. The email address given was an unknown. So a techie guy sent a spoof email (which wouldn't be received) to the address and tracked it's progress as it bounced off various servers in different countries until it washed up as belonging to (or being picked up by) the prof at his university email addy.

The tech guy who sent the e-mail is the same one who couldn't decipher Brody's ''Match of the Day'' signal. I'm adding him to the loooong list of possible Moles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he looked surprised to see Brody in his US uniform...maybe it was shock.lol
    I'll have to watch it again.

maybe it was a shock seeing Brody alive? He might not have caught CNN at the time he was legging it ;) and Abu might not have updated him with everything that went on.

His reaction's like everything in this series, ambiguous. I smelt fear. Fear of what? dunno.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tech guy who sent the e-mail is the same one who couldn't decipher Brody's ''Match of the Day'' signal. I'm adding him to the loooong list of possible Moles.

:D

now you mention it wasn't he the one who called Lynne a hooker in the not so secret meeting? So he knew about her and Farid.

So who's on the not a mole list?

Jessica?
    her children
    Carrie's two nieces
    Carrie's dad and sister
    the deer

Think that's the lot....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

now you mention it wasn't he the one who called Lynne a hooker in the not so secret meeting? So he knew about her and Farid.

So who's on the not a mole list?

Jessica?
    her children
    Carrie's two nieces
    Carrie's dad and sister
    the deer

Think that's the lot....

BIB
    That's the one

I don't think Max is a mole. He is too stupid. Unless he is a very good actor???? Brain melt down alert!!!!!:eek::eek::D:D
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killary45 wrote: »
    Yes, but does anyone know whether it was it a Hebrew prayer or an Arabic prayer? Was it to the Jewish G*d or to the Muslim Allah?

I know some Hebrew prayers, but I did not recognise any of the words Saul used. I don't want to go on-line to find out because the US are a few weeks ahead of us.

Well, I had to use close captioning because my friend is hard of hearing, so when Saul began praying the cc said - speaking Hebrew.

We've already seen the episodes. The series ended in December. :)
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it was. I was thinking it would be wrapped in something, so if it were at the bottom, it wouldn't be so obvious.
    Can't see how Brody could have passed a blade over in the few seconds he had without nay of the 2 'guards' seeing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB
    That's the one

I don't think Max is a mole. He is too stupid. Unless he is a very good actor???? Brain melt down alert!!!!!:eek::eek::D:D

old news, my brain melted during TK1 :rolleyes::p

I scooped out the mush and replaced it with a cauliflower.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    old news, my brain melted during TK1 :rolleyes::p

I scooped out the mush and replaced it with a cauliflower.

That would explain, around about that time, why your posts started being more cogent.:p:p:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB
    That's the one

Okay, this may sound stupid but please bear with me. What does BIB mean? :o

With regard to Max, I'm not dismissing him as possibly being the mole. It's a little too easy with that guy. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barnsley [Keith] Is Best
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Barnsley [Keith] Is Best

And top of the morning to you too TL:p:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The clue is in the quote - hint, one bit is bold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB
    That's the one

Hi Bk. :)I had to rush off last time I spoke to you.

I've forgotten who Max is, already. What episode was he in?

Do you remember the guy's name who drives around with Carrie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, thank you tealady. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With regard to Max, I'm not dismissing him as possibly being the mole. It's a little too easy with that guy. ;)

I laughed when Virgil asked Max to give them a minute. When V wanted to confront Carrie with the pill in the stakeout van. And Max just sat there like a dumpling. I don't think it is an act with him:D:D
This discussion has been closed.