Strictly Come Dancing Valentines Day Special Thread

Sarah_Jones5Sarah_Jones5 Posts: 1,379
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Its Valentines Day on the 14th February given all the Strictly curse rumors I thought I would start a thread for people to collate a collection of Strictly romances.

Comments

• daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh ... I thought it would be a thread for posting the most romantic dances!
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, but why on earth do we need to "collate a collection of Strictly romances"? :confused:

Never mind that it's not a Strictly special in any sense of the word - your thread title is rather misleading.

It'd be half trashy tasteless gossip/dragging up mud from the past and the other half a list of relationships that everyone knows about

I really don't see the point, or why if you really want to do it you couldnt just do it yourself...
  • Sarah_Jones5Sarah_Jones5 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention it is for posting about dances as well.
  • kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no thanks
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its Valentines Day on the 14th February given all the Strictly curse rumors I thought I would start a thread for people to collate a collection of Strictly romances.

Yes you did.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine's Day is a non-event - only hyped so that the card companies and stores selling flowers and chocolates can up their profits!
  • kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, but why on earth do we need to "collate a collection of Strictly romances"? :confused:

Never mind that it's not a Strictly special in any sense of the word - your thread title is rather misleading.

It'd be half trashy tasteless gossip/dragging up mud from the past and the other half a list of relationships that everyone knows about

I really don't see the point, or why if you really want to do it you couldnt just do it yourself...

my thoughts exactly!

odd thread IMO - why would you want to encourage idle gossip and speculation over peoples private lives :confused:
  • hobbithobbit Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    OP, have you not read the "GG are a couple" thread? It will all end in tears...
  • Lou_BlackLou_Black Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I rather like the way Flavia and Jimi carried out their relationship. They went out of their way to avoid any publicity and were even pretty low key when they got married. That strikes me as the way people behave when they are genuinely in love.
  • Sandy_AndrewsSandy_Andrews Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Lou_Black wrote: »
    I rather like the way Flavia and Jimi carried out their relationship. They went out of their way to avoid any publicity and were even pretty low key when they got married. That strikes me as the way people behave when they are genuinely in love.

Well that's an odd thing to say - most people when they fall in love want to talk about nothing else - very boring for their friends !

It has ever been thus, very noticeable trait in young men when first smitten - have you not read your Shakespeare ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's an odd thing to say - most people when they fall in love want to talk about nothing else - very boring for their friends !

It has ever been thus, very noticeable trait in young men when first smitten - have you not read your Shakespeare ?

I suppose if you see the tabloid press as your friends then you are absolutely right.
    Forum Member
    I suppose if you see the tabloid press as your friends then you are absolutely right.

I guess when you are on your third Strictly relationship the tabloid press probably is not your friend and being very circumspect is a jolly good idea !
    No one likes being reminded of old loves and relationship failures.

Which might explain the reticence on the part of the couple you offer as an example of true love not daring to speak its name ... I doubt whether many young people in 'Show Biz' have your contempt for tabloid publicity, not when they are forging a career.
    ...and after all we are all reading it, and some of us are basing our opinions on it, however silly and pointless it might be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess when you are on your third Strictly relationship the tabloid press probably is not your friend and being very circumspect is a jolly good idea !
    No one likes being reminded of old loves and relationship failures.

Which might explain the reticence on the part of the couple you offer as an example of true love not daring to speak its name ... I doubt whether many young people in 'Show Biz' have your contempt for tabloid publicity, not when they are forging a career.
    ...and after all we are all reading it, and some of us are basing our opinions on it, however silly and pointless it might be.

Exactly my point. People who are truly in love tend to separate their relationship from their careers.
    Forum Member
    Exactly my point. People who are truly in love tend to separate their relationship from their careers.

Well the example you cited certainly made the tabloid press, photographs at red carpet events and in fact the wedding were put out there, they must have been because I read all about it and saw the wedding pictures - and neither partner is ever mentioned in almost any context now without details of the previous romances being mentioned.

So do you have a better example of people who have separated their love life from their careers ? - some of our finest actors, musicians etc still have their love lives dissected by the media when they are discussing their latest projects ... Just as Flavia and Vincent did when their latest Tango show was publicised.

Such media scrutiny cannot be avoided - but I guess you are rather hinting that some people use their amorous affairs to get publicity and yes I guess you are right if you are speaking about Reality TV Stars (people from TOWIE, GS and MIC) whose only talents seem to be their ability to fall in bed with anyone and everyone at indecently short intervals - I am talking days here rather than weeks or months !
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member

I couldn't agree with you more Lou. Flavia & Jimi have never courted publicity, have never once given press or magazine interviews as a couple, had a very private wedding day without feeling the need to invite the press along or profit from a magazine deal, and instead opted to share one photo of their special day with their followers on Twitter.
    I'm sure they could easily have got a magazine to pay a good few pounds for it with exclusive pics splashed all over the pages but they are a very private couple and anything they want to share with fans, they do so in a very humble manner and give a simple tweet without doing it to make a fast buck.

Not that I think there is anything wrong with any of the other SCD stars for inviting press/magazine along to their wedding day, but I truly admire Flavia & Jimi for the fact that they didn't.

They're a very nice, and very ordinary and down to earth couple.
  • KalypsoKalypso Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree with you more Lou. Flavia & Jimi have never courted publicity, have never once given press or magazine interviews as a couple, had a very private wedding day without feeling the need to invite the press along or profit from a magazine deal, and instead opted to share one photo of their special day with their followers on Twitter.
    I'm sure they could easily have got a magazine to pay a good few pounds for it with exclusive pics splashed all over the pages but they are a very private couple and anything they want to share with fans, they do so in a very humble manner and give a simple tweet without doing it to make a fast buck.

Not that I think there is anything wrong with any of the other SCD stars for inviting press/magazine along to their wedding day, but I truly admire Flavia & Jimi for the fact that they didn't.

They're a very nice, and very ordinary and down to earth couple.

They are very nice and down to earth, but their wedding was in Hello.
    Forum Member
    Well the example you cited certainly made the tabloid press, photographs at red carpet events and in fact the wedding were put out there, they must have been because I read all about it and saw the wedding pictures - and neither partner is ever mentioned in almost any context now without details of the previous romances being mentioned.

So do you have a better example of people who have separated their love life from their careers ? - some of our finest actors, musicians etc still have their love lives dissected by the media when they are discussing their latest projects ... Just as Flavia and Vincent did when their latest Tango show was publicised.

Such media scrutiny cannot be avoided - but I guess you are rather hinting that some people use their amorous affairs to get publicity and yes I guess you are right if you are speaking about Reality TV Stars (people from TOWIE, GS and MIC) whose only talents seem to be their ability to fall in bed with anyone and everyone at indecently short intervals - I am talking days here rather than weeks or months !

I'm not sure where you see these photos of them at red carpet events as to my knowledge they attend very very few such events. I think the only ones I can recall where at Jimi's film premiere while they were SCD partners which is perfectly understandable considering he was starring in it, and the other red carpet events I can think of where they were pictured together where at the opening nights for her and Vincent's show.... Again very understandable considering she was starring in it.

IMO that's just a couple showing support for each other in work projects and not for publicity purposes.

Also not sure where you read all about the wedding and saw the wedding pictures as I think all that was in the press, was what had been lifted from that single tweet they made.... And from that one picture. (Very beautiful it was too)

You've got the wrong couple I'd say if you're putting F&J in the same bracket as other couples who court publicity as they are very much the contrary and avoid it.
    Forum Member
    Kalypso wrote: »
    They are very nice and down to earth, but their wedding was in Hello.

I would 100% dispute this fact.

What you saw was the photo that they shared on Twitter being reprinted by Hello.... You wouldn't have seen a feature from their wedding though as there wasn't one.
  • KalypsoKalypso Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    I would 100% dispute this fact.

What you saw was the photo that they shared on Twitter being reprinted by Hello.... You wouldn't have seen a feature from their wedding though as there wasn't one.

Ok. I just dimly recalled seeing the photo in Hello because Flavia's dress was so lovely. It was a very striking image.
    Forum Member
    Kalypso wrote: »
    Ok. I just dimly recalled seeing the photo in Hello because Flavia's dress was so lovely. It was a very striking image.

It was a gorgeous photo. Would have been nice to see more actually but it was good to see that one at least. :)
  • Christopher DChristopher D Posts: 12,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me most Strictly couples don't court publicity. I agree about Flavia and Jimi but I have never seen Rachel and Pasha in Hello either. They talk about each other in interviews and there
    have been one or two events but that's it. Same with Kara and Artem when they were together

Georgia and Giovanni are a new couple so the papers are interested in them and their relationship and there are on the strictly tour as well. They have only done a couple of paper interviews and posted a small amount of stuff online.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to mention it is for posting about dances as well.

Thank you Sarah, I will have to put my thinking cap on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure where you see these photos of them at red carpet events as to my knowledge they attend very very few such events. I think the only ones I can recall where at Jimi's film premiere while they were SCD partners which is perfectly understandable considering he was starring in it, and the other red carpet events I can think of where they were pictured together where at the opening nights for her and Vincent's show.... Again very understandable considering she was starring in it.

IMO that's just a couple showing support for each other in work projects and not for publicity purposes.

Also not sure where you read all about the wedding and saw the wedding pictures as I think all that was in the press, was what had been lifted from that single tweet they made.... And from that one picture. (Very beautiful it was too)

You've got the wrong couple I'd say if you're putting F&J in the same bracket as other couples who court publicity as they are very much the contrary and avoid it.

Absolutely. And good luck to them.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely. And good luck to them.

Good luck to them indeed.