PS2 Internet Connection

:confused: There are two USB ports on front of our PS2..I know that you can connect the PS2 to the internet for network gameplay, but, what are the USB ports for? And can they be used to connect to my cable modem for network gameplay..Answer needed urgently :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    if u have a slimline PS2 then it allready has a network port built in so u can connect it to the internet however the orignal does not, u have to buy an adapter that slides in the back.

the usb ports are for things like the eye toy, and memory sticks and other controllers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    :confused: There are two USB ports on front of our PS2..I know that you can connect the PS2 to the internet for network gameplay, but, what are the USB ports for? And can they be used to connect to my cable modem for network gameplay..Answer needed urgently :confused:

Do you have the old style PS2 or the new slimline one?

If you have the old one you will need to buy the PS2 network adaptor.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=PT0802&title=ps2_online_network_adaptor

Then use an ethernet cable to connect the PS2 to a free ethernet port on your broadband modem.

If you have the slimline PS2 i think the network adaptor is already included.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    if u have a slimline PS2 then it allready has a network port built in so u can connect it to the internet however the orignal does not, u have to buy an adapter that slides in the back.

the usb ports are for things like the eye toy, and memory sticks and other controllers

:confused: What exactly are 'eye toys' :confused:

Do you have the old style PS2 or the new slimline one?

If you have the old one you will need to buy the PS2 network adaptor.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore...network_adaptor

Then use an ethernet cable to connect the PS2 to a free ethernet port on your broadband modem.

If you have the slimline PS2 i think the network adaptor is already included.

Nah..i have the old one :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    You can connect a USB hard drive, by using software called USB Extreme. You can then store your games on the hard drive
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    Eye toy is a webcam for the PS2's web cam based games. The PS3 eyetoy games look sensational with in game characters talking to your image which is on an in game monitor and stuff like that