Options

Which soap sets/studios have you visited?

ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been lucky enough to have visited a few...

Coronation Street
...back when the Granada Studios Tour was still running..

Brookside...my dad worked for a company who supplied stock for the shops and petrol station so a few of my family got a guided tour round the close and parade...And I got to meet Gladys Ambrose (Julia Brogan)...she was such a lovely lady. Paul Usher (Barry Grant) was there aswell :)

And last but not least...

Prisoner: Cell Block H
:D I took a trip down to the studios where Prisoner was filmed in Melbourne earlier in the year...they still have the old cell windows on the side of the building so it still looks like a prison...Fantastic experience to see where my fave soap was filmed all those years ago!

I'm planning to do the Neighbours Tour when I'm back in Melbourne and whilst I'm in Sydney I might take a trip up to Palm Beach to see where they film Home & Away.

I'd love to take a trip to the set of Eldorado if I ever visit that part of Spain..

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None :(

My Grandma has visited Coronation Street and Emmerdale I think, back when they did tours. I'd kill to visit EastEnders! x
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    I've been to Palm Beach. It si beautiful when the weather is nice but I've been there on chilly and wet days, and always felt so sorrry for the actors!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Mum visited Corrie in the 60's when they did live episodes and she was in the end credits when she went to the set:p
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation Street and Brookside and Emmerdale.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the Corrie viaduct from outside th Granada building, but thats it xD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Why do other soaps allow visits and not Eastenders?
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me None LOL :rolleyes: I live In New Zealand hahaha :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I,ve been to Corrie and Emmerdale. I had a pint in the old Woolpack, when they filmed it in the old village, before they built the purpose built village,and also had a pint in the replica Rovers Return they have round the back of the Corrie set.
  • Options
    ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MandySA4 wrote: »
    Why do other soaps allow visits and not Eastenders?

The Granada Studios Tour is now closed so you can no longer visit Coronation Street and the general public can't access the sets of Emmerdale and EE. I guess they're too busy with filming so many episodes a week now to allow fans to visit!

I think Neighbours is the only soap that has studio tours now.

Brookside Close is still accessible to the public. Can't believe they haven't done up and sold the houses yet!

Wentworth, the prison in PCBH is visible to the public through a fence (Neighbours is filmed inside the building) and the set of Eldorado is now a hotel (painted a nasty shade of yellow :()
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie & Home and Away
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie in 1998 :)

Don't even watch it now, but it was a fun day out for an 11 year old!
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I've been to Corrie, on the Granada Studio Tour when I was a kid. Would love to go again!
    I once had a kid in my class whose auntie played Alice Dingle in Emmerdale, so she got taken on a tour of the purpose built village and brought in photos of herself with the cast and everything. 'Jealous' just doesn't describe my feelings towards that little girl...
    I'd love to have a look at the old Emmerdale village one day, just for a nosy...:o
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale. It's not where they film anymore though.

I went into The Woolpack and had a drink there, it's really nice :D
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Corrie's, back in the '90s.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,956
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale - on the fan club weekend. You get a tour with a tour guide talking to you about things in detail etc and we went to other sets such as home farm, the actual village etc was cool :D

neighbours - i went on the tour in 2007. didnt get to see the houses as they were filming but it was still cool:D

it's a dream of mine to go on the EE set though nothing would match up to that
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    Just neighbours got a row cos I tried to get a picture at the stairs to lyn scullys house. And dunno if it counts but high roads set up in lus back when it was still on
  • Options
    soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Access to Brookside is closed now, fenced off while it is being developed. Was there yesterday. Local said the houses will be rented out in about two months, but it will then be gated as residents only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I went to the Corrie studios when it was open to the public in 1995. I also had private tours of the Corrie set and studios in 2007, 2008 and 2010.

In 2008 I also had a quick tour of the Emmerdale studios. I'd love to visit the actual village.
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    i went on the granada studios tour a few times when i was kid in the late 90's.
    Went to the old Emmerdale village in esholt when i was about 5, don't really remember it but i've got pictures of me outside the woolpack.
  • Options
    HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    In February 2004 I went to both Arncliffe (briefly, we just drove through it) where they originally filmed Emmerdale 1972-76 and walked around Esholt, where they filmed 1976-98, and went for a drink in the Woolpack, which sadly closed recently :( , and also went in the post office, which is tiny inside in real life and was an Emmerdale gift shop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Visited the external sets from Doctors in Selly Oak last year, was going up to Birmingham for an event that got cancelled but the train tickets were non-refundable so decided to go up to Birmingham anyway, first thought in my head was to go and visit the set :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been lucky enough to have visited a few...

Coronation Street
    ...back when the Granada Studios Tour was still running..

Brookside...my dad worked for a company who supplied stock for the shops and petrol station so a few of my family got a guided tour round the close and parade...And I got to meet Gladys Ambrose (Julia Brogan)...she was such a lovely lady. Paul Usher (Barry Grant) was there aswell :)

And last but not least...

Prisoner: Cell Block H
    :D I took a trip down to the studios where Prisoner was filmed in Melbourne earlier in the year...they still have the old cell windows on the side of the building so it still looks like a prison...Fantastic experience to see where my fave soap was filmed all those years ago!

I'm planning to do the Neighbours Tour when I'm back in Melbourne and whilst I'm in Sydney I might take a trip up to Palm Beach to see where they film Home & Away.

I'd love to take a trip to the set of Eldorado if I ever visit that part of Spain..

I went to Corrie when I was younger! I think we phoned my brother from the telephone box there, I can't remember!

Talking of Paul Usher I met him in a hotel bar once when I was about 14. I've got his autograph on a ripped up beer mat! :D:D
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    Access to Brookside is closed now, fenced off while it is being developed. Was there yesterday. Local said the houses will be rented out in about two months, but it will then be gated as residents only.

That would be cool to live on the set of a soap.
  • Options
    FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the Neighbours tour back in 2004. Ramsey Street is very small! Also went to the pub quiz - don't know if they still do it - and met Dr Karl (his band was playing that night) and Toadie.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,956
    Forum Member
    Did the Neighbours tour back in 2004. Ramsey Street is very small! Also went to the pub quiz - don't know if they still do it - and met Dr Karl (his band was playing that night) and Toadie.

yep they do. my table won when i went in 2007 :D