Recording Not Deleting

I have the Samsung V+.
On the 22/8/10 i recorded the match between Newcastle United and Aston Villa which was shown on ESPN HD. Since then i have not been able too delete it. (have been trying since the final whistle).:D Do any of you kind peeps have a solution...... thanks in advance.

Comments

• RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebastion wrote: »
    I have the Samsung V+.
    On the 22/8/10 i recorded the match between Newcastle United and Aston Villa which was shown on ESPN HD. Since then i have not been able too delete it. (have been trying since the final whistle).:D Do any of you kind peeps have a solution...... thanks in advance.

I have a few programmes that reappear after the nightly 3.15am update.

I think only a reformat will get rid of them, but I need to watch some outstanding recordings first.
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mine does the same...
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes its a really annoying bug thats been there for years
  • JG1970JG1970 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you deleted it while the match was still recording is one of the main things that causes this problem, the only way you can stop the recording from coming back (as already mentioned) is to reformat the hard drive
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replys.
    I reformatted and everything is back to normal.
  • rayloveraylove Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if these undeletable entries take up any disc space?

I have three of these now - annoying but at least they eventually migrate to the last page of your recordings as later ones are watched & deleted. As a family we always have a large number of unwatched recordings so re-formatting is not an option. However, I am not sure whether these old programmes are counting towards the available space left on the drive & will the machine simply come up as 'full' eventually or will it overwrite these? I suspect the former! Not an issue for me at present, however, if I end up with too many more of them, I guess I will end up with more space that is effectively redundant.

I did once read on one of these threads that whilst these phantom programmes still show up in the list, they are not actually 'there' any more on the hard drive & that they would be overwritten. They are certainly still 'there' to be watched so I am sceptical of that claim!
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    raylove wrote: »
    I think they must do. I have 3 that refuse to delete and I can still watch them (well I can delete them it's just that they always come back a few hours later).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JG1970 wrote: »
    If you deleted it while the match was still recording is one of the main things that causes this problem, the only way you can stop the recording from coming back (as already mentioned) is to reformat the hard drive

Yes, that does seem to be the case. Also, many of my re-appearing recordings are a result of the box rebooting itself whilst recording.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have three of these now - annoying but at least they eventually migrate to the last page of your recordings as later ones are watched & deleted. As a family we always have a large number of unwatched recordings so re-formatting is not an option. However, I am not sure whether these old programmes are counting towards the available space left on the drive & will the machine simply come up as 'full' eventually or will it overwrite these? I suspect the former! Not an issue for me at present, however, if I end up with too many more of them, I guess I will end up with more space that is effectively redundant.

I did once read on one of these threads that whilst these phantom programmes still show up in the list, they are not actually 'there' any more on the hard drive & that they would be overwritten. They are certainly still 'there' to be watched so I am sceptical of that claim!

I would say they do take up space, so when I am running short of space I delete them.

I think they must take up space as it is possible to view these recordings.
    Forum Member
    Yes, thats how mine occured - when the box re-booted itself during a recording.

I had to do this manually once because the box was totally unresponsive & I wanted to watch something. I was aware that it was recording but I also knew that between myself & the rest of the family there were several recordings following each other. I was therefore forced to either re-boot whilst recording or be without the TV for the evening. I chose to re-boot knowing that this would probably leave me with an undeletable recording, and it did - bah!
  • martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a couple of weeks ago had a box crash lost a couple of recordings through it. now every day it tries to record two programmes 'Now' both recordings show 0.00 length and can't be watched trying generates an error message 'rebooting your box may correct this error' - no it won't.
    Phone 151 we'll send a signal to your box then switch off at mains 10 seconds then switch back on.
    Result no change, 'this is a known fault a future software upgrade will fix it, the recordings don't take up any space though'
    'A Reformat might fix it' I said no too many recordings to loose at the moment. might ask for a reformat when everything s been watched just to get rid of the daily chore of deleting two non existent recordings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, thats how mine occured - when the box re-booted itself during a recording.

I had to do this manually once because the box was totally unresponsive & I wanted to watch something. I was aware that it was recording but I also knew that between myself & the rest of the family there were several recordings following each other. I was therefore forced to either re-boot whilst recording or be without the TV for the evening. I chose to re-boot knowing that this would probably leave me with an undeletable recording, and it did - bah!

This has happened to me too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martytoo wrote: »
    a couple of weeks ago had a box crash lost a couple of recordings through it. now every day it tries to record two programmes 'Now' both recordings show 0.00 length and can't be watched trying generates an error message 'rebooting your box may correct this error' - no it won't.
    Phone 151 we'll send a signal to your box then switch off at mains 10 seconds then switch back on.
    Result no change, 'this is a known fault a future software upgrade will fix it, the recordings don't take up any space though'
    'A Reformat might fix it' I said no too many recordings to loose at the moment. might ask for a reformat when everything s been watched just to get rid of the daily chore of deleting two non existent recordings.

I shall be doing the same.
    Forum Member
    martytoo wrote: »

As you watch your recorded programmes the stuck ones will migrate to the very bottom of the list so not really worth trying to delete them. Still annoying but at least by sitting at the bottom you can ignore them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's whats happened to me, but I delete them when neccessary as I believe that they must take up HDD space.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reformated too; solved the problem and the box seems generally slicker and more responsive as well.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, i have the samsung v+ box, how do i re format it? I am having the same problem with a recording i made during the world cup. I delete it, it goes and come back :|
  • bruce9651bruce9651 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    When I recorded Harry & Paul on BBC 2 3 weeks ago it crashed so when I tried to delete it.
    It goes away but comes back the next time as Harry & Paul the time on the recording was 0.00
    So last week I played the recording to see whats on it.
    It recorded it for 10 mins then it stopped and the Recording/View Again/LiveTV/Delete came up I pressed delete and its hasn't turned up since.
    Hope this would help :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooohhhh, i'll try that.
    Forum Member
    I've tried that before with mine & it didn't work - they still came back!
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    sebastion wrote: »
    I have the Samsung V+.
    On the 22/8/10 i recorded the match between Newcastle United and Aston Villa which was shown on ESPN HD. Since then i have not been able too delete it. ...
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    yes its a really annoying bug thats been there for years

Samsung hasn't been out for years

Find it very strange coincidence that Sammy V+ has same bug as SA V+

Sounds like they let the same donkey program both

Dont let Virgin loose on Airplanes

Forgot they already are ;)
    Forum Member
    Just got the update yesterday (the one that cancels the panel light when you put into standby (amongst other things)) and I wondered whether they had fixed this problem.
    THEY HAVE!
    I deleted my phantom recordings yesterday, and when I checked today, there they were - STILL GONE!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Each time I deleted a recording, it resulted in about 4 hours of recording space being released!