Luxor Tutv 500gb No Channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
Forum Member
Hello everyone i have had my LUXOR TUTV 500 freeview recorder box now for about a year and a half however tonight i switched it on as usual and it said no channels available but a few hours before they were all there, so i did a rescan and it found frequencies and channels but when i tried to look at them none were there,
so i rescanned over 5 times and still the same result.
I took out the aerial and plugged it into my tv and the aerial is ok, i reformatted the hard drive even though i knew i would lose over a hundred hours of recordings did a rescan and still no channels, i left the box unplugged for an hour but still no channels show up after more scans, so my question is could the fault lie with the actual tuners inside the box that the aerial pugs into at the back the box ? i looked out for any bubbling capacitors all over the box and there are none, i had the power capacitors replaced at my local electronics shop a few months ago, following some good advice off Masteriser the shop i took it too only charged me £3-50 to replace and fit them both.
Anyway thanks for any help or advice any of you can offer me, sorry if my post seems long and is in the incorrect place on this forum.
THANKS BARRY
I have to edit this as now when i try to scan half way through the scan a message appear and says "IT HAS NOT BEEN POSSIBLE TO LOAD THE TUTV SERVICE INFORMATION. THIS MAY BE DUE TO A WEAK CHANNEL 16 (QVC) SIGNAL, PLEASE CHECK ALL AERIAL CONNECTIONS"
As i already said the aerial is ok in the tv, i suspect it may be the actual 2 tuners in the box itself although i am a novice at this, i'm just assuming :-(

Comments

• MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you tested the aerial, that leaves the fly-lead, connectors and Luxor receiver to test by substitution. Also make sure no equipment close by is causing interference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    As you tested the aerial, that leaves the fly-lead, connectors and Luxor receiver to test by substitution. Also make sure no equipment close by is causing interference.

Hi martin i have tried all the above mentioned, what i did notice is that the center core in the aerial coax is black so it must have had water running down inside at some point, i am off to the shop tomorrow to buy new coax, i have another aerial running another thomson box upstairs but the LUXOR box will not tune in on that either so maybe the tuners at the back of the box inside got damaged, going to take it to a repair shop this week thanks for your reply though.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    If there's water down the coax it's most likely ruined the box, take the top off and have a look - it's usually pretty obvious (although the damage 'could' be confined to inside a screening can where you can't see it).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    If there's water down the coax it's most likely ruined the box, take the top off and have a look - it's usually pretty obvious (although the damage 'could' be confined to inside a screening can where you can't see it).

Hi nigel i took the top off the box on thursday, the box powers up ok and it scans for new frequencies and channels and says it's found them but nothings there, and it says it has not been possible to load the top up tv service information, this may be due to a weak channel 16 QVC please check all aerial connections.
    But i think it may be the tuners inside the box that the aerial coax go's into at the back that have gone faulty i took the covers of the aerial tuners inside the box but nothing visible as they are all small components in them i am going to phone a few repair shops tomorrow, although the aerial works ok on the tv.