The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all

Gorgeous morning. I'm off to London in about 10 minutes for our meet up.

Enjoy the lovely sunny day - birds are in abundance. Think we have a robin or wren's nest in our beech hedge and a blue tit's nest in one of the other shrubs. Lovely to see so many birds flying around.

Enjoy the sun - evidently it is going to last about a week.

See you later Nyannie

Good morning jjat
    running around as usual
    getting ready for the meet up

catch up with you all soon x :D
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope you all have a wonderful meet-up, wish I were going but it just wasn't feasible, so lots of love and hugs to you all and hope to meet up with you again in the future xx

Sorry not been on the thread much, not been on any thread too much - busy :)
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning JJat my fav thread full of my fav people x I might not always post but believe me i read here everyday. x

A big hello to our newest member diane_young welcome to the JJat x

I hope you all have a lovely day on the meet up i'd love to come one day x

Its not just about John no more we all love hearing about him. Its a thread of real life friends now and we have John to thank for that. x
  • GiddykipperGiddykipper Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Are you there yet?! Hope you're all having a brilliant get together. :D
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Hope you all have a wonderful meet-up, wish I were going but it just wasn't feasible, so lots of love and hugs to you all and hope to meet up with you again in the future xx

Sorry not been on the thread much, not been on any thread too much - busy :)
    ellemay wrote: »
    Morning JJat my fav thread full of my fav people x I might not always post but believe me i read here everyday. x

Its not just about John no more we all love hearing about him. Its a thread of real life friends now and we have John to thank for that. x

yes welcome to Diane....

and yes it is a thread now of real lfe friends, and we do have John to thank for that.... We had a wonderful lunch and chat....

Thank you John and even if Im being completely fair, thank you Josie, for both being involved In an incredible story...that has brought so many disparate people together...

Its so lovely to be part of a group of such wonderful friends...

and I was reminded today, that maybe one of the reasons I talk so much on here, is that I am so quiet and shy in real life, and much better at listening than chatting......Nyannie and Georgy are both such chatterboxes and so so witty and amusing. :D

I don't think we mentioned John or BB itself once......

But I do need to write down the different recipes for potato salad.....:D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening all, hope you've all had a lovely day whether at the lunch or whatever you've been doing. :)

I know I can always come in here and there'll be a friendly vibe going on and it's nice hearing what everyone's been doing.

augusta, I'm stunned.....nyannie and georgy, chatterboxes?
    Never! Rofl :D:p

How was lunch, did you have something nice?

Good to see you bblover, ellemay, Giddy and muggins.
    Hope you're all keeping well.

How's the weather over there bblover, warming up yet? :)
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Good to hear you had a lovely time together:)
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    HEY

I,m as quiet as a mouse
    well :o
    a bit like Minnie on speed :D

Lovely to see the girls, ladies of the JJat
    such wonderful , friendly and kind People
    hope more can join us for our Christmas Outing :p

P.s By the way Augusta is very talented, The jewellery she has made, is fantastic, if she goes into business, i will be knocking
    on her door :D
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Me - a chatterbox? Never!!! I am from NYC - we are very shy, introverted, quiet people:D:D

We had a wonderful time - lovely to catch up with friends and have a good chat and nice food - I even had a glass of wine. May I echo georgy's sentiments about augusta's jewellery. It is great and I look forward to seeing her other designs.

Perhaps we could have a launch party for her once she starts her business.

I know Christmas is 6 months away - really I do, but we had such a nice time at the restaurant in Covent Garden that we are thinking we will go there again for Christmas. It will cost between £25 and £35 a head but it was fun and we were there for almost 3 hours! Please everyone think about it and I will be putting a notice on the thread in due course (probably beginning of September).
    Forum Member

Nice to see you posting ellemay. Hope you can come for our Xmas bash this year. Would be lovely to meet you

Isn't it lovely that we now have diane_young joining us. We do have such fun on this thread.
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    Good to hear you had a lovely time together:)

We did - and I was amazed everyone found the restaurant as it is tucked away a bit!!!

Hope you are routing for Federer in the French Open. I try to watch all his matches now as I don't know how much longer he will be playing.
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Good evening all, hope you've all had a lovely day whether at the lunch or whatever you've been doing. :)

I know I can always come in here and there'll be a friendly vibe going on and it's nice hearing what everyone's been doing.

augusta, I'm stunned.....nyannie and georgy, chatterboxes?
    Never! Rofl :D:p

How was lunch, did you have something nice?

Good to see you bblover, ellemay, Giddy and muggins.
    Hope you're all keeping well.

How's the weather over there bblover, warming up yet? :)

Hi Lena

We had a nice lunch and wonderful apple tart, creme brulee and chocolate fondant for puddings - AND a bottle of wine.

We did miss you, ellemay, bblover and Giddy and muggins and all the other threadlings.

Wonder how long John is going to be over in the UK when he comes. Think we should ask him to come to our Xmas do?
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Lena

We had a nice lunch and wonderful apple tart, creme brulee and chocolate fondant for puddings - AND a bottle of wine.

We did miss you, ellemay, bblover and Giddy and muggins and all the other threadlings.

Wonder how long John is going to be over in the UK when he comes. Think we should ask him to come to our Xmas do?

Good morning to everyone. :)

Ok now I'm drooling at the thought of those puddings. If I come can I skip the main courses and go straight for the puddings? :o:D

So pleased you had a good time.

So augusta is hiding her light under a bushel! Sounds as if you are very talented. Add me to your customer list when you launch. :)

Watched some of the tennis yesterday nyannie.
    Nadal seems really out of sorts and been very tetchy and outspoken about scheduling. Beginning to wonder if there's more to that knee than meets the eye. :confused:

Off to the supermarket. :yawn:

Have a good day everyone.
    Forum Member

Ok now I'm drooling at the thought of those puddings. If I come can I skip the main courses and go straight for the puddings? :o:D

So augusta is hiding her light under a bushel! Sounds as if you are very talented. Add me to your customer list when you launch. :)

Nadal seems really out of sorts and been very tetchy and outspoken about scheduling. Beginning to wonder if there's more to that knee than meets the eye. :confused:

We just got back from the supermarket - to return some mouldy bread! Now watching Serena Williams match. At least someone is making an interesting match. I agree with you about Nadal Lena. What I find funny is that no one is mentioning Federer at all. Good- I really hope he wins Wimbledon again this year and then maybe retires at the top.

Anyone have any ideas as to what to make of John's latest tweet? Is it John?
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas as to what to make of John's latest tweet? Is it John?

Hi Nyannie the tweet certainly brightened up a boring sunday morning whatever the reason for it. x

John James ‏@uk_JohnJames_oz
    @Josiestweet Hey I think we need to talk , follow me and I'll dm you my new email . Thanks

Whatever the reason i welcome it its about time all the crap stopped. x
    Forum Member
    Hi Nyannie the tweet certainly brightened up a boring sunday morning whatever the reason for it. x

John James ‏@uk_JohnJames_oz
    @Josiestweet Hey I think we need to talk , follow me and I'll dm you my new email . Thanks

Whatever the reason i welcome it its about time all the crap stopped. x

what an interesting tweet.....:D !!!!
    Forum Member
    :DThank you for the comments about the jewellery, now I really am going to have to do something positive to make it happen ......:p
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    :DThank you for the comments about the jewellery, now I really am going to have to do something positive to make it happen ......:p

Yes, you really will, augusta :) Come on, we're even planning a launch party :D Seriously though, your work is great and I'd certainly buy some of it. In fact how much can you do in time for the Christmas meet up? :p:) No pressure.......;)
    Forum Member

It would be so lovely to meet you, Lena, you could have six puddings if you wanted! :D
    Forum Member
    Me - a chatterbox? Never!!! I am from NYC - we are very shy, introverted, quiet people:D:D

We had a wonderful time - lovely to catch up with friends and have a good chat and nice food - I even had a glass of wine. May I echo georgy's sentiments about augusta's jewellery. It is great and I look forward to seeing her other designs.

Perhaps we could have a launch party for her once she starts her business.

I know Christmas is 6 months away - really I do, but we had such a nice time at the restaurant in Covent Garden that we are thinking we will go there again for Christmas. It will cost between £25 and £35 a head but it was fun and we were there for almost 3 hours! Please everyone think about it and I will be putting a notice on the thread in due course (probably beginning of September).

I can vouch for that nyannie! :D

We did have a lovely time yesterday. I'd like to go there at Christmas if possible for everyone :) I know it's a bit more expensive than the previous place, but they do offers sometimes, and we do get to sit around and chat for ages - that's worth a lot, I think. And, it's right in the heart of a lovely shopping area - I'm sure that would be good in December!

Cheers all :):)
    Forum Member
    Hope you are routing for Federer in the French Open. I try to watch all his matches now as I don't know how much longer he will be playing.

Sorry but i'm rooting for Djokovic Naynnie.:D:p:o

So augusta is well talented lady from what i hear:cool:No pressure lol:p:D

Is John asking permission to come to the UK?:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Glad all who went to yesterdays lunch had such an enjoyable time. I worked in cooking for a lot of my working life and loved it. We used to have a little country pub / restaurant / B&B it was hard work as we were very hands on and seldom took a holiday but it was busy and so good to have return customers as we were off the bus routes about 4 miles from town. Those were the days, I guess I still miss it.
    Forum Member
    Glad all who went to yesterdays lunch had such an enjoyable time. I worked in cooking for a lot of my working life and loved it. We used to have a little country pub / restaurant / B&B it was hard work as we were very hands on and seldom took a holiday but it was busy and so good to have return customers as we were off the bus routes about 4 miles from town. Those were the days, I guess I still miss it.

Awww....You could teach John how to cook:p
    Forum Member

Don't think I could run a B&B or pub - you have to be nice to people all the time - and have patience! We have very few really good pubs around here.

It is hard when you give up something, but you never know what new opportunities are just around around the corner. Since I finished work I see more of my friends and I now study portraiture. I've submitted one to the local horticultural show's art exhibit. Love painting with pastels and acrylic. I've been photographing my garden and plan to do a series of paintings from them. Just need to sit down and do it.

Guess what you have to do is to make sure you have something to do every day - not just housework. I am naturally curious so constantly read about things I didn't study at school.
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    Sorry but i'm rooting for Djokovic Naynnie.:D:p:o

So augusta is well talented lady from what i hear:cool:No pressure lol:p:D

Is John asking permission to come to the UK?:p

Hi bblover

I like Djokovic too but deep in my heart I am a Federer fan.

I think John's tweet - if it is from him - might be about the forthcoming autobiography from Josie. What do I know though.