Options

Coming soon to Virgin TV

Comments

• Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just flicked on The Travel Channel.... 4:3 and letterbox-widescreen? ughh it looks like crap.
  • Options
    brendagoatsbrendagoats Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    I was wondering why the Travel channel isn't ws too..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to MTV's website, MTV Classic will be returning to Virgin Media (CH 321), though it doesn't say when: http://www.mtv.co.uk/channels/mtv-classic
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately that website has always listed 321, it was never updated when the channel was removed.
  • Options
    TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another VM exclusive, Ginx TV will be making its UK linear channel platform debut on channel 286 soon.
  • Options
    Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,362
    Forum Member
    So that's what channel 286 is for , i would never have guessed Ginx TV.

Any news on Universal HD launching soon ? If Sky did have 3 year exclusive deal then it has now expired.
  • Options
    TAZMANUKTAZMANUK Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technix when is ginx launching we heard this back in 2011 and never launched...anymore details?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GINX, CH 286: Available from 9 July, the international computer games channel joins our line-up, with reviews and previews on all the latest games and apps.
    http://virginmediapresents.com/brand-new-channels-on-your-virgin-tv-2/
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive :D

If VM can get BT Sports it would be awesome!
  • Options
    TAZMANUKTAZMANUK Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers martine93
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought B4U Music was always on Virgin?
    Yes but only in the Asian Mela pack it moved into the M+ pack in june ,

Lifetime will launch this autumn.
    http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/07/lifetime-to-launch-in-uk-acquires-uk-rights-to-the-client-list-damages-more/

I wonder if History HD and CI HD will launch on VM at the same time as they have renewed their carriage agreement with A+E recently.
  • Options
    CraigSteele2001CraigSteele2001 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the email today about the 7 new channels on XL

Food Network UK, CH 287
    Travel Channel, CH 288
    MTV Music, CH 310
    BET, CH 184
    B4U Music, CH 816
    The Jewellery Channel, CH 757
    GINX, CH 286

The statement "underwhelmed" doesn't quite cut it

Sky get the likes of Atlantic and we get channels which someone found at the back of a old bin and lose ESPN

Incredulous!

Back to the days of second rate TV offering
  • Options
    Auld ReekieAuld Reekie Posts: 195
    Forum Member

Food Network UK, CH 287
    Travel Channel, CH 288
    MTV Music, CH 310
    BET, CH 184
    B4U Music, CH 816
    GINX, CH 286

Sky get the likes of Atlantic and we get channels which someone found at the back of a old bin and lose ESPN

Incredulous!

These channels are absolute dross.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Am I the only person who is sick of the constant moaning about the new channels virgin are providing? Some people will never be happy until Sky Atlantic gets here but could they for the sake of everyone else, stop the bitchy comments!! If you don't like the new channels that's fine but others do. I'd take more music channels over sky Atlantic, I'd take +1 channels over sky Atlantic, in fact I'd take shopping channels over sky Atlantic!!!!

There rant over 😤
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These channels are absolute dross.

You say Ginx.tv is dross yet you never watched it because it hasn't launched yet.
    The others might be dross to you but i'm sure plenty of people will appreciate them. To get the good channels you have to have bad channels too so VM get more money enabling them to go and get your precious Sky Atlantic (if it ever comes on vm).
    I'm with another poster the moaning about new channels is getting boring. Don't like the channels don't watch them - simples.
    As a gamer i personally am pleased to see Ginx.tv i personally don't like sky1 but i bet there are people who do like it and are pleased it is part of vm.
    Everyone has different taste in tv and VM are obviously trying to cater for everyone.
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new channels. Well, Food Network and Travel Channel.

I don't really want Sky Atlantic but there's nothing wrong having more channel. It means more variety and more choice :)

Get BT Sports, VM or I will go :mad: :p
  • Options
    pepstarpepstar Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those new channels are okay, but half of them are FTA channels on other platforms so to bang on about them on the XL package is stretching the value for money a bit far...

... and i am still at a loss as to why they put MTV Music which is almost identical to MTV Hits, but do not include MTV Classic ... which is unique as a music channel (and no, its not like Vintage or Magic)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pepstar wrote: »
    Those new channels are okay, but half of them are FTA channels on other platforms so to bang on about them on the XL package is stretching the value for money a bit far...

... and i am still at a loss as to why they put MTV Music which is almost identical to MTV Hits, but do not include MTV Classic ... which is unique as a music channel (and no, its not like Vintage or Magic)
    Food Network , Travel channel and BET are on the M+ pack.

Why they added MTV Music but not MTV Classic is beyond me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    pepstar wrote: »

I'm baffled by them not getting MTV Classic as well! We haven't got many classics channels and like you say it's not like magic or vintage tv. I think it's to try and get people to use music on demand, because I think we would also have chart show tv, the vault, flava, bliss, scuzz, buz music and chart show dance (all csc media) by now as well.

Music on demand is useless in my eyes. It hardly has any classic songs on it. It's slow to navigate and I for one can't be bothered to sit and pick songs. I prefer having a channel I can stick on and leave.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Travel Channel is about the only channel I've wanted to see added to Virgin for literally years now, just because it shows Globe Trekker which is probably my all time favourite travelogue programme.

Having years of episodes to catch up on is going to be TV gold in our house - so very happy to get this finally. :)
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    The Travel Channel is about the only channel I've wanted to see added to Virgin for literally years now, just because it shows Globe Trekker which is probably my all time favourite travelogue programme.

Having years of episodes to catch up on is going to be TV gold in our house - so very happy to get this finally. :)

I'm the same with Food Network! I've been wanting to get this for ages and was considering connecting my TV directly so I can get Freeview and this channel!

I'm disappointed that ESPNA is going - they showed AHL after they lost the NHL but I can stream that elsewhere. If I get Sky Atlantic then great, they've been showing reruns of ER and I'd love to watch that again. Same with BT Sport - if we get it on XL then fab, if not then it's not a problem.
  • Options
    OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Food Network UK, CH 287
    Travel Channel, CH 288
    MTV Music, CH 310
    BET, CH 184
    B4U Music, CH 816
    GINX, CH 286

Incredulous!

The thing that everyone seems to be missing is that the vast majority of channels that Sky have that we don't are satellite free to air channels that are absolutely mind numbingly horrible. I can't see many people watching these channels for a single programme, let alone for a whole evening!

There is very little of quality that we don't get. Sky Atlantic is the only one left on my list now.

As for losing ESPN, clearly you believe that we will not be getting the BT Sport channels. Let's wait and see, shall we?
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    The thing that everyone seems to be missing is that the vast majority of channels that Sky have that we don't are satellite free to air channels that are absolutely mind numbingly horrible. I can't see many people watching these channels for a single programme, let alone for a whole evening!

There is very little of quality that we don't get. Sky Atlantic is the only one left on my list now.

As for losing ESPN, clearly you believe that we will not be getting the BT Sport channels. Let's wait and see, shall we?

theres also mgm. bit like tcm but for old mgm films only. some great classics on there.