Options

Xperia M2 poor battery

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just got the Xperia M2 new. The brightness is on its lowest setting and I'm not exactly sitting on my phone all day watching videos. All I do is check FB and Whatsapp occasionally. I use it exactly the same way I used my lower range HTC One V. The battery specs are more powerful than my HTC but the battery goes so much faster... I don't get it.

E.g. I'm using only Whatsapp and it went from 12% to 5% in the space of 5 minutes.

Please advise. :(

Comments

• Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I just got the Xperia M2 new. The brightness is on its lowest setting and I'm not exactly sitting on my phone all day watching videos. All I do is check FB and Whatsapp occasionally. I use it exactly the same way I used my lower range HTC One V. The battery specs are more powerful than my HTC but the battery goes so much faster... I don't get it.

E.g. I'm using only Whatsapp and it went from 12% to 5% in the space of 5 minutes.

Please advise. :(

A few obvious things, take a look in your network settings to see what apps are using data, if you have apps continually checking or using push email that will eat up the battery. Turn off bluetooth and try setting apps to check for new data less frequently.

Also, you will find a battery may take a few charges to settle down and reach peak efficiency. Give it a couple of good long charges off a decent charger not a USB cable into a computer.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    ...and disabling GPS and turning off wifi when not in use will also save energy. It might also be worth having a look at the numerous energy and battery saving apps in the Google Play store.
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got an S5 a couple of months ago and was very impressed with the battery life, for a smartphone lasted ages. However in the last few weeks I've been experiencing similar issues to the OP. However I discovered yesterday that the phone's power saving mode had been turned off! I've turned it back on and things seem fine today - just check to see if the same thing's happened to your phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks I'll try the suggestions given. :)