Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Stuck record.

They got lower ratings than a long time in 2010 and came back with Blue, which I think we can all agree is the most effort they've put in for a long time.

We're not withdrawing, we're not going to flounce, the BBC aren't going to lose it.
    True but I get the feeling more and more the BBC are losing interest so I cant see much of an improvement next year. In their eyes they tried modern last year and it failed so I suspect something even stranger next year. Maybe a folksong.
  • Options
    MavisConsuelaMavisConsuela Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early shouts for host next year? I'd like to see Petra again but possibly too soon. SDF, Danny Saucedo and the woman who hosted 2010 MelFest could be a nice team (and, let's face it, they don't have much of an act to follow!)

Petra must come back!! I loved her in 2013 and loved her co hosting with Graham Norton on the BBC special a few weeks back, she really outclassed him. Her presenting style is solid, her humour is universal and she really loved being there. Would be silly if she didn't host again. I didn't want Sweden to win but Petra coming back is something to be pleased about.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Petra but with a colleague.
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as people may hate the moaning, the BBC give us reason to moan! I just wish it went to ITV for now, they can try with a new team and come back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    True but I get the feeling more and more the BBC are losing interest so I cant see much of an improvement next year. In their eyes they tried modern last year and it failed so I suspect something even stranger next year. Maybe a folksong.

I think when we have artsts like Disclosure, Clean Bandit, Jess Glynne, Katy B, Ella Eyre, AlunaGeorge, Jessie Ware to name but a few, who are emerging yet establoshed artists who really define a particular part of our music scene at the minute there isn't really much thought to be put into it. If you listen to Crying for no reason by Katy B, or Wildest Moments by Jessie Ware you have tracks that scream Eurovision winner imo.

Also Say you love me by Jessie Ware.
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    Just completed a YouGov poll on last nights Eurovision, I was highly positive on it of course :D
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there are fewer than three presenters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when we have artsts like Disclosure, Clean Bandit, Jess Glynne, Katy B, Ella Eyre, AlunaGeorge, Jessie Ware to name but a few, who are emerging yet establoshed artists who really define a particular part of our music scene at the minute there isn't really much thought to be put into it. If you listen to Crying for no reason by Katy B, or Wildest Moments by Jessie Ware you have tracks that scream Eurovision winner imo.

Also Say you love me by Jessie Ware.

Ella eyre wrote the German song...look what happened there.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »

You've had this 'feeling' since March, you go on about trolls and yet you're the worst one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this the same 'feeling' which ended up with the BBC investing in recording 4 days of Eurovision content and creating their own DAB radio station. I'd say the BBC overall are committed but they need to go back to last year's approach.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Lynda Woodruff is BACK.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    I think Petra but with a colleague.

Yeah, I think they'd be silly not to go with Petra again as she's basically Eurovision royalty now- I'd have Mans do the Green Room too- I wonder if he'll change his pleather trousers by next year ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Sweden go big!
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ella eyre wrote the German song...look what happened there.

Though there's no way Black Smoke deserved nil points considering some of the tripe which finished above it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd like Danny and Gina to host.

Unless Danny is back to perform in Melfest next year. I agree on Måns being involved, I believe he already hosts television shows anyway.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »
    Is this the same 'feeling' which ended up with the BBC investing in recording 4 days of Eurovision content and creating their own DAB radio station. I'd say the BBC overall are committed but they need to go back to last year's approach.

Also, this! The BBC do care about the contest, they jetted Electro Velvet on an extensive promo tour that we haven't seen since Jade so I genuinely think they thought they were doing right when they picked it (Also the stage show won't have been cheap and they hired lots of people to do it) In addition Radio 2 Eurovision is a great thing! They need to do something with the Shortlist to make it more open- Even if its a show on the Saturday before the Voice starts in January it'd be something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who was it who had the bird poop on Sweden yesterday? Going to have to start putting the lottery on :D
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Also, this! The BBC do care about the contest, they jetted Electro Velvet on an extensive promo tour that we haven't seen since Jade so I genuinely think they thought they were doing right when they picked it (Also the stage show won't have been cheap and they hired lots of people to do it) In addition Radio 2 Eurovision is a great thing! They need to do something with the Shortlist to make it more open- Even if its a show on the Saturday before the Voice starts in January it'd be something?
    They seem more interested in fans than the general audience.
    The promo tour didn't really work did it?
    Maybe radio 2 could do a national final. No live performances just tapes if the BBC don't want expense. Videos could be shown on the one show as well or even the Graham Norton show.
  • Options
    yenstonyenston Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please provide a link to the split results so I can see what points the jury's awarded? I see you're all talking about it but I can't find the results anywhere. On the Eurovision website it says they've released them yet I can't seen where. Anyone help?
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why don't they call it the swedish eurovision song contest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »

Because although it wasn't my favourite song they won far and square. You can't deny the effort they put into it. Anyone who enters can win, they just have to have a great song performed well on the night.
  • Options
    Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thms wrote: »

Only if they start entering songs in Swedish. Hands off our language. :p;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweden have finished 3rd, 1st, 14th (hosted), 3rd, 1st in the last 5 years. Very enviable!
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland would've gone through in televotes only. If that isn't a case for juries I don't know what is!
    In your opinion maybe...
    Netherlands were 5th in the juries as well.
    Now if that isn't a case for televoting I don't know what is! :p
    Italy topped the Icelandic televote and 3 jurors had them 2nd, 3rd, 5th but 2 jurors placed them 20th & 25th resulting in them being placed 11th overall. Farce.
    Totally. The whole jury-destroyment of Italy is...
    Sweden have finished 3rd, 1st, 14th (hosted), 3rd, 1st in the last 5 years. Very enviable!
    Despicable, I'd call it. That over- and mass produced , not even very good pop can so dominate the contest.
This discussion has been closed.