Top 10 least favourite Corrie characters ever

2»

Comments

• Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SepangBlue wrote: »
    Don't know why women should fall over for her .. from a male perspective she's turned into a very attractive young woman. I hope she remains in the series for some time to come.

I meant from an in-universe point of view, why did Jenna easily give up her good job for a screechy brat? Maddie I understand as she had no one else and Sophie preyed on that, but I bet this blonde woman Dev was in love with gets with her.

I don't care if she is attractive, she is still a terrible actress and unlikeable character. Hated her treatment of Jenny Bradley.
  • Options
    SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if she is attractive, she is still a terrible actress and unlikeable character. Hated her treatment of Jenny Bradley.

She was right though, wasn't she .. even if it transpired that Jenny was mentally ill. Kevin should have listened to his daughter, she's more in touch with people than they think
  • Options
    SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just off the top of my head, in no particular order of hate quotient (except maybe the first four):

1. Gail McIntyre/Platt/Tilsey etc. - can't stand the simpering little hamster-mouthed woman with the ridiculous haircuts. Why can't she just leave people alone and let them get on with their own lives without meddling all the time? Aaaargh!

2. Sean Tully - makes me cringe every time he's on screen

3. Tracy Barlow - why doesn't anybody start up a 'Let's drive Tracy out of town' group .. it's way past time she was told, in no uncertain terms, what a particularly nasty evil-minded little bitch she is. Sad thing is, her daughter is fast morphing into her

4. Norris Cole - I'd have thumped him long ago. Why don't people in the pub tell him to 'Butt out .. it's none of your business, you mealy-minded little busybody!'?

5. Callum Logan - what a joke for a 'hard man'! Should be the easiest job in the world to get him implicated, arrested and banged up

6. Bethany Platt - why the hell did the writers invent this stupid little girl? Seems all she's there for is to make silly comments and stir things up in the family. Get back to school you silly little brat and learn something

7. Liz McDonald - she's so past it I'm surprised anybody under 60 even begins to find her attractive. The sad thing is, she still thinks she's 'got it' and dresses like a 16 year-old going out on the town. Time she went!

8. Todd Grimshaw - no redeeming qualities whatsoever

9. Michael Rodwell - no place for him in this soap

10. Julie Carp - what planet is she on?
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was right though, wasn't she .. even if it transpired that Jenny was mentally ill. Kevin should have listened to his daughter, she's more in touch with people than they think

She wasn't right. She accused Jenny of wanting to sponge off Kevin and take his money, which was a bit rich coming from Sophie who is a thief herself. She just didn't want to see Kevin happy regardless of Jenny's personality, this is the same Sophie who passed judgement on Tim.

She was also vile despite it being clear Jenny suffered from a mental illness.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The least favourites are those who nobody can name. Look on IMDB and you will see hundreds of them.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053494/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    1. Sean - Doesn't seem to do anything other than drink tea and gossip.
    2. Sinead - Her voice is annoying and she has a dull personality.
    3. Rosie Webster - Helen Flanagan is a terrible actress, she kind of ruined the Stape/Rosie storyline.
    4. Kirk Sutherland - He doesn't seem to do much.
    5. Carla - all she seems to do is get into boring relationships and be blamed for things.
    6. Alya Nazir - A bitch who doesn't deserve Gary.
    7. Sarah Lou - Moany and dumb,
    8. Todd - boring troublemaker
    9. Faye Windass - very annoying and the actress tends to overact, which doesn't help.
    10. Lloyd's daughter - a pointless character.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    In no particular order

Tracy Barlow
    Deirdre Barlow
    Ivy Tilsley
    Liz McDonald
    Bet Lynch/Gilroy
    Sally Webster
    Terry Duckworth
    Steph Barnes
    Fiona Middleton
    Sean Tully
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    9. Michael Rodwell - simpering and pathetic or angry and judgemental, cannot STAND him. Hopefully the shock of appearing on this list will kill him.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Are you sure you don't mean Spider, Emily's nephew?

Scooter was Sarah's very nice & polite, but boring & dumbass b/f In the mid 00's!! Remember the incident where he 'liberated' someone's fish from their pond because he thought they were being mistreated??...no, well I can't say I'm surprised :D:D:D
  • Options
    sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These are the characters I absolutely loathe that have no redeeming features, so in no partcular order:

Dev Alahan
    Do I really need to explain?

Charlie Stubbs
    So many people give Tracy a hard time but Stubbs totally deserved it. Arrogant, narcissistic womanizing cretin. I really didn't like Ward's acting either. The continually licking of the lips just peed me off to no end.

Jason Grimshaw
    Urggh. A character that only ever exists so any female can sleep with when the writers run out of ideas.

Sarah Platt
    She was so overused the first time around with daft plots and her dropping her knickers for everyone. I was so grateful she left when she did, now she's back. Just leave Sarah Lou.

Violet ???
    How I hated this bitch. First it was all those different scarves she used to always wear, not to mention her 'sassy' attitude, then it was the pathetic plot with Jamie and Sean that really turned her into an annoying OTT shrew.

Ilene Grimshaw
    Her constant misery, her smugness, her total victim complex. Thanks but no thanks.

Lloyd
    The race row completely turned me off his character.

Anna
    Dear god. Mouthy daft tart. Says it all really.

Ken Barlow
    Sanctimonious, pompous **** that elevates boring to an art form.

Carla
    I'm not one of her fans. Allison King always overacts and I'm sick of her repetitive storylines and screen hogging.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    These are the characters I absolutely loathe that have no redeeming features, so in no partcular order:

Dev Alahan
    Do I really need to explain?

Charlie Stubbs
    So many people give Tracy a hard time but Stubbs totally deserved it. Arrogant, narcissistic womanizing cretin. I really didn't like Ward's acting either. The continually licking of the lips just peed me off to no end.

Jason Grimshaw
    Urggh. A character that only ever exists so any female can sleep with when the writers run out of ideas

Sarah Platt
    She was so overused the first time around with daft plots and her dropping her knickers for everyone. I was so grateful she left when she did, now she's back. Just leave Sarah Lou.

Violet ???
    How I hated this bitch. First it was all those different scarves she used to always wear, not to mention her 'sassy' attitude, then it was the pathetic plot with Jamie and Sean that really turned her into an annoying OTT shrew.

Ilene Grimshaw
    Her constant misery, her smugness, her total victim complex. Thanks but no tha

Lloyd
    The race row completely turned me off his character.

Anna
    Dear god. Mouthy daft tart. Says it all really.

Ken Barlow
    Sanctimonious, pompous **** that elevates boring to an art form.

Carla
    I'm not one of her fans. Allison King always overacts and I'm sick of her repetitive storylines and screen hogging.
    Agree about Lloyd in the 'racism' s/l!! Pathetic, should never have got past the 'bad ideas' pile!! Actually I agree about Carla to a degree as well, though i'd be ok with her if we could have a couple of year's rest from her rather than axing her!! Take as long a break as you like AK!!

Just though of another for my list... Charlie Ramsden, what a miserable fun free zone she was!!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting how all of the characters are from recent years and the forum title says 'Ever'.

I didn't have much time for Renee Roberts who was killed off in 1980.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree about Lloyd in the 'racism' s/l!! Pathetic, should never have got past the 'bad ideas' pile!! Actually I agree about Carla to a degree as well, though i'd be ok with her if we could have a couple of year's rest from her rather than axing her!! Take as long a break as you like AK!!

Just though of another for my list... Charlie Ramsden, what a miserable fun free zone she was!!

Was that Matt's wife? No wonder he had an affair with Maxine

Lloyd overreacted about the racism but Paul was an equally bad character
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reg Holdsworth
  • Options
    moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinead voice goes right through me.
    Ivy Tilsley horrible nasty woman
    Dev can't act to save himself
    The vicar (Sean's boyfriend) can't remember his name says it all.
    Calum waste of space kid on gangster
    Maria's boyfriend made an impact on me same as the vicar.
    Derek Wilton whimpering git
    Anna &I Gary windass can't stand the pair of them
    Izzy should have left with the rest of her family