Rihanna - B*tch Better Have My Money (Music Video)

jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
Forum Member
✭✭
This is probably Rihanna's craziest video yet.

Warning: explicit content including nudity and violence

https://youtu.be/B3eAMGXFw1o

Don't really know what to make of it tbh.

Comments

• scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pile of exploitative sh*te.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty epic though. Finally something substantial from this campaign even if it is incredibly disturbing yet hilariously OTT at the same time. It's rare to be shocked by a music video these days but I genuinely am.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It comes across as try-hard as Taylor's Bad Blood just in a different way. I like this better despite the hilariously gratuitous everything, very Grindhouse or Deathproof.

Also she's gorgeous.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kind of looks like a bootleg Tarantino movie. Plus no amount of controversy can hide the fact that the song truly stinks.
  • Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible song, sickening video
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The outro to BBHMM is just gold and the video only adds to it. The song/video is about an accountant who nearly bankrupted her back in the GGGB era:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561519/Rihanna-settles-10-million-accountant-gave-bad-advice.html
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    The outro to BBHMM is just gold and the video only adds to it. The song/video is about an accountant who nearly bankrupted her back in the GGGB era:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561519/Rihanna-settles-10-million-accountant-gave-bad-advice.html

Agreed, that outro is so good with the visuals. Revenge fantasy gone wild, it's grown on me even if I'm still squeamish at some bits.
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kind of looks like a bootleg Tarantino movie. Plus no amount of controversy can hide the fact that the song truly stinks.

Exactly.

Look at me me me and how fantastic I look and how arty/edgy me an' ma crew are . . . . . . just ignore the song please!

Trash from trash for trash.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this video just been released? I swear the song came out ages ago?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how people use this as a stick to beat her with. Rihanna has showcased her talent on many occasions. This is what she wants to do right now and that's fine by me. She doesn't have to create Loud 2.0 just because that's what the masses want. This album campaign has been a mess but she's just delivered a massive dose of controversy and this dumps all over Bad Blood which was ridiculously overhyped for what it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    Has this video just been released? I swear the song came out ages ago?

Yes it has. Welcome to the mess that is the R8 era ;).
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member

You read my mind.

I'm not feeling Rihanna circa 2015.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it. It's relevant to the song. It's not trying to be something it isn't. No A listers shoe horned into the video as trying to rack up you tube view counts. Not big fancy cinematic visuals to make it look fancy and awesome. Not like the overrated try hard mess that is Bad Blood's video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given what we've had so far this era I was expecting 3 minutes of her throwing dollar bills around so I'm glad that some effort has gone into it.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Given what we've had so far this era I was expecting 3 minutes of her throwing dollar bills around so I'm glad that some effort has gone into it.

Much like the awful "Pour It Up" video...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »

Indeed :D. Her worst video by far. BBHMM has to go down as one of her best.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely brilliant music video. I'm so glad there are artists who can still be subversive when so much modern pop music and videos are so antiseptic. I also like the song. It's the first thing in a while from Rihanna that has impressed me. And yes she does look her incredible best.
  • HugoLottHugoLott Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

I get what you mean by Pour It Up being an awful music video but you also do have to think, what did people think the video for Pour It Up was going to be like? Honestly? The song is about being in the club, dollar bills, stripping etc so what would you expect?
  • HugoLottHugoLott Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    It's going to sound weird but the video really is quite beautiful in a sense if people get what i mean? The cinematography, camera angles, lighting, the storyline etc all coincide with each other and is beautiful in that sense. the song and video coincide perfectly so I am delighted that they went all out with the video and not dumb it down for a 'younger' audience as that is what Rihanna isn't.

The song I absolutely adore as it is stunning production wise in an urban view and was always going to be diverse in opinion (which was going to be obvious) and I am really excited for R8 :3 Her best video in ages!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HugoLott wrote: »
    I get what you mean by Pour It Up being an awful music video but you also do have to think, what did people think the video for Pour It Up was going to be like? Honestly? The song is about being in the club, dollar bills, stripping etc so what would you expect?

If it were up to me I'd have preferred for her to not to release 'Pour It Up' as a single and go for 'Jump' instead. Now that video did look cheap. BBHMM looks anything but cheap with the great cinematography.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why the video comes three months after the single
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,555
    Forum Member
    This appears to have got everyone talking it's just a shame song and video weren't out at same time could have had a different outcome, I think ppl who thought she may go back to the drawing board for a more generic sound can forgot it she will clearly do things her own way good luck to her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I don't understand why the video comes three months after the single

I'm wondering if the delay was to do with Tidal & Vevo and deciding how to premiere it. The video was filmed months ago so I can't believe that they intended to delay the release for so long.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated the song when it first came out, but actually the video has made me like it. People who prefer her pop stuff won't like it, but I like this urban sound she's experimenting with. I think the video is brilliant, you can see she's having fun with it and although with very adult themes, she s still doing it with a sense of humour.
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how people use this as a stick to beat her with. Rihanna has showcased her talent on many occasions. This is what she wants to do right now and that's fine by me. She doesn't have to create Loud 2.0 just because that's what the masses want. This album campaign has been a mess but she's just delivered a massive dose of controversy and this dumps all over Bad Blood which was ridiculously overhyped for what it was.

The trouble with this argument is that she is primarily a chart artist. Her career balances on whether she sells records.

I have noting against anyone putting out what they want to put out, however if you live by sales figures you die by sales figures. If this doesn't sell, and things continue the same way she will find herself dropped by the record label