Nigel Pearson Sacked

Comments

• Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bookies now have Hiddink as hot favourite for the post. Quite a coup if the Foxes pull that off!
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    all these problems people are talking about pearson being a nasty person are from two incidents. one being the mcarthur one and the other being the ostrich rant. hardly massive issues.

Throttling a player on the pitch not a "massive issue"?
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not unless put through your outraged filter of exaggeration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Not unless put through your outraged filter of exaggeration.

Its odd that you think a manager throttling an opposition player is not a sackable offense.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more than poking an opposition coach in the eye is tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    No more than poking an opposition coach in the eye is tbh

Isnt it amazing, how the topic gets changed. I will not allow myself to get wound up by your inflammatory message.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Its odd that you think a manager throttling an opposition player is not a sackable offense.

It certainly could be, but by the same token if it's deemed not to be I won't bleat about it forever while making out the manager is some kind of vicious hoodlum one wrong word away from a killing spree.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how could anyone stand up for him, the throttle is a sackable offence, as if eye poke. one board decided to sack,one didnt.

either way its justified. on ya bike nigel!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    It certainly could be, but by the same token if it's deemed not to be I won't bleat about it forever while making out the manager is some kind of vicious hoodlum one wrong word away from a killing spree.

but its not just the throttling.

he does seem like he is spoiling for a fight - even with his own supporters at times.

he has had run in would journalists, basically offering them out for a fight - and even in his "apology" he came across as borderline psychotic.

Now his players, including his own son are found in a racist, abusive, degrading "orgy" with sex workers on an OFFICIAL club tour.

He had to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An aggressive demeanour and the fact that his adult son and other adult players misbehaved? What a psychopath, I can't see why he hasn't been locked up. A manager can't control the behaviour of their players 24/7, particularly one you're keen to point out should be very much hands-off.

I'm not surprised they've lost patience with him, but you go massively overboard. Not just with Pearson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    either way hes right celesti so why you keep pulling him up on it? becauses he codeblue?

anyhow i met tony mowbray today, really nice guy, puts nigel to shame! sky blue army!!!!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not defending Nigel Pearson, I'm attacking bias and bullshit. Pearson's a mental psycho, Lineker's a fool who knows nothing, everything's outrageous. 'Who knows just how abrasive and nasty he was in private' but let's run with it anyway. Even sneaking in a little Raheem Sterling for fun too. If only there was a way to crowbar in some kind of jibe about Brendan Rodgers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do agree with the pearson psyhco stuff though lol

leicester fans at work say nigel wouldnt let his sons sacking go so maybe its his own fault for a)not bringing his son up right and b) annoying his owners
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throttling a player on the pitch not a "massive issue"?

you've obviously listened to or read the media about it too much. i definitely think it was odd but it wasn't as bad as people make out. even the player said afterwards it was nothing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    you've obviously listened to or read the media about it too much. i definitely think it was odd but it wasn't as bad as people make out. even the player said afterwards it was nothing.

watch it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgUtiv4z33Y

It is a complete accidenal clash, it starts "jovial" ish, but when he puts his hands around the throat everything changes. And the grabbing of him at the end, not letting go - just so wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predrag Radosavljevic {aka Preki) has emerged as the frontrunner for this post. Used to play for Everton back in the mid to late nineties. Has been managing in the US lower leagues. I think this qualifies as an unusual choice if it turns out to be him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predrag Radosavljevic {aka Preki) has emerged as the frontrunner for this post. Used to play for Everton back in the mid to late nineties. Has been managing in the US lower leagues. I think this qualifies as an unusual choice if it turns out to be him.

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scratch that, it's looking like Martin O'Neill is a dead cert to return to Leicester.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scratch that, it's looking like Martin O'Neill is a dead cert to return to Leicester.

thats them down next season then.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member

Yes, his terrible record of zero relegations in 25 years of management makes that a certainty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, his terrible record of zero relegations in 25 years of management makes that a certainty.

We will see
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will see

yeah, he was awful the last time he was there. ^_^
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    We will see

Oh the old 'we will see' comment. A classic rebuke when you're found out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bizarre comment.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people just fit at a club, and O'Neil and Leicester seem to be like that I think.