Options

**DEAR JOHN Movie**

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
So it knocked Avatar off the No. 1 U.S Box Office spot? There has to be something great about this film! Checked out the website- you can watch the trailer and listen to the soundtrack and even check out a few yummy Channing Tatum photos http://www.dearjohn-movie.co.uk/

But what most surprised me was this cute application on the Dear John website called "The Moment I Knew". It allows you to make your own personalised Love Note about the moment you fell in love with your partner. So you just write your message, and then watch as it materializes into a letter online! So romantic- sent the link to my boyfriend, send the link on to yours! http://www.dearjohn-movie.co.uk/moment/

Can't wait to see the movie!!

Comments

• Options
    hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was not even aware that Sparks had sold the rights to the film. So thanks for bringing it to my attention. Hopefully they have done a good job with it.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the movie!!

If you're doing PR for it you presumably already have.
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 'Dear John' movie ?! :eek: - a spin-off from the wonderful series starring Ralph Bates ?!

Please tell me you're joking ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    A 'Dear John' movie ?! :eek: - a spin-off from the wonderful series starring Ralph Bates ?!

Please tell me you're joking ?

No, it's a romantic drama for teens with him out of those 'Step Up' films (that are aimed at girls, but 'hard-up' lads seem to like them, for some reason).
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I love the book so so much but I heard they changed the ending in the film :mad:, the end of the book is not what typically happens in a romance novel but its still so romantic and ending is kinda what made the book so good for me. So i'm not happy at all.

I'll still go see it though. :p
  • Options
    northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this tonight at a freebie screening. I did enjoyed it, though some bits were just to slow for me and i was getting impatient lol Loads of people around me getting weepy. I may get the book to have a read. Soundtrack was really good. Richard Jenkins was brilliant as the dad. 3/5
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen this, my other half wanted to see it so I went with her, and though it was very predictable it was actually OK. From a girl's point of view it was great so I am told. She was crying anyway and so were a few other girls in the cinema.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see this, had no idea its based on a book :o so I might just read the book. Worried about the film destroying me emotionally :(
  • Options
    AcornatiAcornati Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was ok, not really that emotional (although I may be hard-hearted cos others were crying!) and a bit slow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Went to see it with a couple of mates. None of us liked it, we were really disappointed
  • Options
    Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had the misfortune of having to sit through this last night... what a crock of crap. In the same way the Savanna started drink by the end of the film so had I.

I didn't get what the story line was about... The autistic farther and that child, being parted by war, love story or death.... I just didn't get it

Don't waste your time.