Radio 10 Gold to return to AM

MSBMSB Posts: 1,408
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From this Monday on 828 AM.

Great news (except those areas with 828 as Gold)!

:)

Comments

• PowerplayPowerplay Posts: 4,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MSB wrote: »

Only audible near the East coast in other words! :(
  • KnobTwiddlerKnobTwiddler Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Since they installed the reflector on the aerial to protect 828 in the UK, the signal from Arrow/10 Gold is almost non existent in London because of the Gold Tx in Luton.

I've been listening too the Dutch station Radio 5 Nostalgia on 747 kHz during the day. It's much better than Gold and doesn't have crap modulation like the 1548 kHz Gold transmitter in London.
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i just wish we had a station like that over here in the UK.Must say i will give it a listen in my car if i can im on the east coast in suffolk so i hope its ok.
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So whats happening to the Arrow this time ?:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    :)This is truly brilliant news.Radio Tijngold(10 gold) is a fantastic station.Not only does it play us and uk oldies it plays big European oldies(HOLLAND,GERMANY,FRANCE) In their original languages as well which you dont get in the uk and killer jingles many uk and us stations would die for..In the days when 10 gold used to be on 675am I would often walk down the high street in the town where i live in London and many stallholders would be listening to one station and that is 10 gold. Since 10 gold left 675 I can only receive it on satellite(19.2)
  • crusher19860138crusher19860138 Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree,Radio 10 Gold on 675AM was a strong signal,it was usable here in the West Midlands,then they went to 1395AM,which i could only hear at night,then to 1008AM,which again,was only listenable at night,then,sadly,they left AM altogether,you are missed!
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    So whats happening to the Arrow this time ?:rolleyes:
    The Arrow seemed to reuse 828 for a while in 2009, but due to paying too much for the Caz FM licences and going bankrupt, has only been automated online!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Great station welcome back ,listen via internet,every day some great oldies , uk stations take note this is how a station should sound ** welcome back **
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did not know 10 gold had been sold by Talpa to RTL, which means it should get some good long term investment!
    http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/talpa-sells-radio-10-gold-to-rtl-nederland
    Dutch commercial station Radio 10 Gold has a new owner - RTL Nederland. The CEO of RTL Nederland, Bert Habets, says that Radio 10 Gold is especially popular with female listeners, whereas market leader Radio 538, also owned by RTL Nederland, has a broader spectrum of listeners. Radio 10 Gold also appeals to older listeners, whereas Radio 538 is directed at younger listeners. Mr Haberts believes Radio 10 Gold has a lot of growth potential which RTL Nederland intends to exploit.
    Shame RTL has sold Five TV and has no plans to expand in the UK although if satellite radio Ondas media does launch in 2012 there is a chance an English channel along the lines of Radio Luxemburg could return!
    http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/ondas-media-to-broadcast-rtl-radio
    RTL also seems to be giving up on DRM, with DAB+ about to launch in the Netherlands and interesting there is a picture of a Pure DAB stereo set on the DJ page!
    http://www.radio10gold.nl/radio/de-djs-van-radio-10-gold/
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    I've been listening too the Dutch station Radio 5 Nostalgia on 747 kHz during the day. It's much better than Gold and doesn't have crap modulation like the 1548 kHz Gold transmitter in London.

Yeah, me too - I wake up to it on the clock radio lately.

AM's much more fun than DAB !
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    mearsy wrote: »
    :)This is truly brilliant news.Radio Tijngold(10 gold) is a fantastic station.Not only does it play us and uk oldies it plays big European oldies(HOLLAND,GERMANY,FRANCE)

Radio Tiengold
  • Peter HendersonPeter Henderson Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been listening too the Dutch station Radio 5 Nostalgia on 747 kHz during the day. It's much better than Gold

Yep,747 is even has listenable during the day here in Newtownabbey, and all year round (not just in the winter months).

I can't get 828 khz from Holland at all, even during hours of darkness, I only ever heard Arrow occasionally when they had the frequency. I wonder what full power means ?

Currently, I receive a weak German station on 828 khz during the evening. Even 891 khz (Radio 538) is receivable at this location at night at night.
  • StubcrouchStubcrouch Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Do they still have those wacky pseudo 60's/70's jingles? Great station with a proper - to coin a phrase - "Music Mix". In fact - I'd say they put the mix in music!
  • ErwinErwin Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Radio 10 Gold isn't that 'gold' anymore. It's more 80's 90's based, so more of the same. Sometimes some 60's or 70's but not that much.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Brilliant! I used to listen to this years ago.

I can't wait to see if I can pick it up. Thanks for the info.

I love Dutch radio and it'll also give me a chance to use my analogue Roberts Revival, that I bought just before DAB came in! (I can't always listen via the net).
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erwin wrote: »
    No, Radio 10 Gold isn't that 'gold' anymore. It's more 80's 90's based, so more of the same. Sometimes some 60's or 70's but not that much.

Yes your right when I had my Astra/Hotbird setup up to last year, I listened to 10 Gold & as you say it has changed no 60's & very little 70's so I moved my 1m dish to 28 deg for Freesat+.
  • on the airon the air Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray266 wrote: »
    Yes your right when I had my Astra/Hotbird setup up to last year, I listened to 10 Gold & as you say it has changed no 60's & very little 70's so I moved my 1m dish to 28 deg for Freesat+.

If you have broadband, they have an internet stream dedicated to 60s and 70s, another for 80s, and another for classic disco hits, as well as the main station.
  • tommytemprastommytempras Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Came across Nostalgia by accident, I think its a wonderful station, you never know what the next record is going to be, Iv'e heard some I had completeley forgotten about, wish we had a similar station here in U.K.
  • ErwinErwin Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes on internet but it would be great if it is on the main station. Especially now with AM 828 .
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on the air wrote: »
    If you have broadband, they have an internet stream dedicated to 60s and 70s, another for 80s, and another for classic disco hits, as well as the main station.

Hi, yes found the link for the 60's & 70's saved to faves thanks:)
  • MSBMSB Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Didn't know you all liked Radio 5 Nostalgia as well? It truly is a great station and nothing like the snoozefest that Saga/Primetime was.

Enjoy it on AM while it lasts: 747 AM will become all speech Radio 7 in January. :(
  • Andy SennittAndy Sennitt Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Wow! Didn't know you all liked Radio 5 Nostalgia as well? It truly is a great station and nothing like the snoozefest that Saga/Primetime was.

Enjoy it on AM while it lasts: 747 AM will become all speech Radio 7 in January. :(

Radio 5 Nostalgia is so successful that Dutch Public Broadcasting wants to run that format 24 hours a day. The speech programming that is currently on in the evenings would be switched to a proposed new service, Radio 7. There has been some discussion about which of them will use 747, as the other will be confined to cable and internet + digital. A final decision hasn't yet been made as far as I know.
  • Les WiresLes Wires Posts: 6,610
    Forum Member
    Ray266 wrote: »
    Hi, yes found the link for the 60's & 70's saved to faves thanks:)
    Didn't realise they had so many different streams. 60/70s, Disco, 80s, 90s, current chart... in addition to their main stream.

Some excellent music in there, a few new favs for the inet radio.
  • Andy SennittAndy Sennitt Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Brilliant! I used to listen to this years ago.

I can't wait to see if I can pick it up. Thanks for the info.

You don't have to wait. The transmitter on 828 is already on the air with alternative programming of Arrow Classic Gold (Arrow has had the licence to this frequency for the past several years). They seem to have turned up the power to the full 20 kW already. It had been running with about 5 kW in recent weeks.