Options

Halloween song list revealed *contains spoilers*

mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
Forum Member
via UnrealityTV blog

Wagner Carillho: Bat Out Of Hell (Meatloaf)

Mary Byrne: Could It Be Magic (Barry Manilow, Take That)

Cher Lloyd - Stay (Shakespeare Sisters)

Katie Waissel - Bewitched (Ella Fitzgerald

others will be updated as info comes in apparently.

Comments

• Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually love the song Stay.
  • Options
    nikki1nikki1 Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    I actually love the song Stay.

It is a superb song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be noted these all come originally from the xfactorupdates website, not Unreality TV :)
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roamed wrote: »
    Should be noted these all come originally from the xfactorupdates website, not Unreality TV :)

I was about to write the same thing. They are originally from that site.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Stay - really :eek: Marcella Detroit has a 4 1/2 octave vocal range, which is seriously impressive, and great vocal control, if Cher can pull this off properly I'll be impressed, shocked, but impressed (that's presuming they don't dodge the Detriot section of the song)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought it was Shakespeare's Sister but everyone on here keeps saying Shakespeare Sisters ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stay - really :eek: Marcella Detroit has a 4 1/2 octave vocal range, which is seriously impressive, and great vocal control, if Cher can pull this off properly I'll be impressed, shocked, but impressed (that's presuming they don't dodge the Detriot section of the song)

I expect there will be a choir. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Very happy with Cher doing Stay. I love that song. Not liking Katie doing Betwiched though, I'd rather she sang something you wouldn't expect like People are Strange.

But I'm sorry, only MeatLoaf can sing Bat Out of Hell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They are seriously going to have to change the arrangement on this song if Cher is to pull it off, so I'd say , yes, that bit you are referring to will have to be altered or omitted - surely ?
  • Options
    Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG Cher is going to ruin a true classic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Cavfan wrote: »
    I always thought it was Shakespeare's Sister but everyone on here keeps saying Shakespeare Sisters ?

You are correct :)
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was rather hoping Wagner was going to do The Monster Mash.
  • Options
    cosmic68cosmic68 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Very happy with Cher doing Stay. I love that song. Not liking Katie doing Betwiched though, I'd rather she sang something you wouldn't expect like People are Strange.

But I'm sorry, only MeatLoaf can sing Bat Out of Hell.

'People Are Strange", what a great idea/choice! I'd love to hear her sing that.
  • Options
    Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone help, is the Katie song, Bewitched bothered and bewildered by Ella F or some other song I'm not familiar with.

Can anyone put a link up to the lyrics of it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Cher doesn't murder "Stay".. u've seen lots of tunes being murdered on the XF stage..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cosmic68 wrote: »
    'People Are Strange", what a great idea/choice! I'd love to hear her sing that.

Yeah it would of been great to hear her do something like that, and she should come out with her guitar like Matt did. Would of been great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nikki1 wrote: »
    It is a superb song

...except when Cher is singing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Cher singing Stay I imagine the theme is going to be a pretty loose interpretation of Halloween. ;)
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    They are seriously going to have to change the arrangement on this song if Cher is to pull it off, so I'd say , yes, that bit you are referring to will have to be altered or omitted - surely ?

I can't see any other way, and this is no insult to Cher, I can't think of very many experienced and accomplished singers that would take it on. I would think they'd have to completely rearranged (had a poke around on youtube, very few covers of this, unsurprisingly) or there's going to be some very obvious covering up going on.

As I said, if she can pull it off I'll be very impressed, and I mean sing the song without choirs, loud backing tracks masking what's actually going on with her vocals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Cher be able to sing Stay? I think that's a difficult song choice for her.
  • Options
    meelymunchmeelymunch Posts: 385
    Forum Member

She'll probably rap it !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    meelymunch wrote: »
    She'll probably rap it !!

She better not. She'll be in serious trouble if she does, its such a well know and respected song that this one won't go down well if she raps in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    ...except when Cher is singing it.

Seeing as you seem to be able to look into the future is there any chance you can tell us the Utd result for Saturday and who scores if any one:D:D:D
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the connection between 'stay' and Haloween?

or could it be magic to be honest (which is a very, very poor song choice for mary, I suspect she could be in trouble this week from that)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    Cher Lloyd - Stay (Shakespeare Sisters)

Noooooo. This is one of my all-time favourite songs EVER and that cocky little madame is going to absolutely murder it. Far too good a song for her. :mad: