EE Xmas: Run for Cover! It’s a Branningpolsion! 25th December Tuesday, 2012 8.45pm

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Part One of The EE Xmas Thread
25th December 2012 - Preview - 1 HOUR Episode - BubblysInFridge's Christmas Eve Thread - Catch up on the EE's Xmas Eve Edition here
*Seasons Greetings*

Hi, to all I bring good tiding and cheer as it’s that time again; it’s CHRISTMAS! And that (well usually) means and action packed (i.e. enjoyable) edition of EastEnders. Before we go on I’d like to pay tribute to the DS Community:) It’s fun for everyone on here, because by large we’re civil, we share a common thing in being EEers and we are always up for a good laugh. So, three cheers for DSers! Now, it’s time for a recap on 2012 in Walford……..

EastEnders in 2012:

EastEnders kicked off the New Year with the loss of one’s of EastEnders most loved characters and the matriarch of the square – Pat Butcher. To celebrate the biggest loss for the show, this year let’s remember some of Pat’s finest moments. January also saw the return of the Wicks brothers; David more prominently and Simon for a short cameo. February saw the Branning vs. Mitchell wars reignited during the Amy custody case, and the Michael/Derek feud heat up. March was one of the highlights of 2012 – showcasing the one of the finest weeks of EastEnders this year, in Murder Week with Ben's brutal murder of Heather Trott and an aftermath which concluded in a gruesome cover-up as well a grim discovery for Shirley. March also saw Michael, pop the question to Janine. April, saw Mandy and Ian’s relationship continue to endure stumbles and turmoil, the continuation of The Murder in Heather’s funeral while Shirley created forces with Andrew to find Heather’s killer, which sends shockwaves through the Mitchells, the Roxy/Alfie fission also continued to develop. Bianca’s economic struggles were also still omni-present; leading up to her exit – to prison, and shortly thereafter the Jackson wing of the Branning clan.

May, saw Ian finally crack after Mitchell, financial, and family pressures became too much, and the beginning of more Brannings part one, with the the introduction of Alice. May also saw the departures of Dot, and Mandy and increasing cracks beginning to show in the Mitchell cover-up as Jay played rebel and Phil reached for the al-al-alcohol; and Ben (again) lost his mind. Within an episode this was all driven out of sight though as Phirley reunited. But was it to be a temporary as poly filla in your bathroom tile cracks. June, saw a continuation of more Brannings part two; with the introduction of Joey. Kat returned much to Roxy’s upset as the Vic was no longer her home; and Michael’s played con games with Jean which got the Moon family into quite the dilemma. Michael and Janine also finally wed; but not without trouble as Janine dramatically gave birth at six months pregnant, to a baby daughter, called Scarlett. July, saw Kat’s infidelity record escalate as she began an an affair with Derek; we also saw Cora’s more vulnerable side revealed as we discovered her secret daughter; Ava. Tensions also continued to arise in the Branning family (largely down to Derek) and Janine and Michael’s relationship became more volatile than ever as they both struggled with parenthood. Also, Billy completes his Olympic torch run successfully, as Lola gives birth to Lexi.

August saw the return of Ian as a homeless tramp discovered by Alfie, Tanya and Max – and Lucy’s rejection of Ian further complicates the situation as Ian dangerously becomes a victim in Mitchell hands. Phil proposes to Shirley, but the happiness is short-lived as a familiar face in none other than Mrs Sharon Rickman returns; setting off the big week as Phil and Sharon go on a wild goose chase to get back Denny and secrets are exposed as the Mitchell clan is broken and Ben is imprisoned. Anthony also incurs the wrath of Derek due to Joey’s meddling and ends up having to give it all up. Janine continues her downward spiral. September saw the aftermath of terrible August for the Mitchell clan as Phil tried to piece back his life together, taking charge of the Vic. Kat’s lies caught up with her, as she was forced to reveal her infidelity to a furious Alfie which saw the two depart temporarily from Albert Square – just about together. Janine and Michael’s union become more mountainous, as Janine departed without Scarlett nor Michael as things went too far. Syed’s deception also began as he got himself into some serious money trouble. Shirley departed, in hand with daughter Carly and grandson Jim. October, saw the arrival of Danny; to spark much trouble between Christian and Syed; and after many twists and turns the two wed – but ain’t over till it’s over as Syed’s secret soon was out and the Masoods went into meltdown. Meanwhile, a series of unfortunate events lead to Lexi being taken into care, much to Lola’s dismay. Sharon’s secrets – pill popping, and Dennis’ death – all revealed themselves; thanks to Derek. Kat and Alfie returned, but with new management of the Vic in Roxy. And Jauren began.

November, saw Danny come back to terrorise Syed and Christian and Amira’s arrival further complicates matters as Yasmin went back to her mummy. However, Chyred got their happily ever after and they left Walford ‘just married’. Sharon, after much pressure from Phil agreed to help him in his plan to establish custody of Lexi. Kat and Zaniab, both resolved to bring their families onside again after recent ‘setbacks’. Tanya discovered Cora’s secret and tracks down Ava much to Cora’s eventual dismay. Jauren found themselves in trouble but Derek turns quickly from hero to villain, for both Joey, Lauren and Tanya. Carol and Bianca also return. December has seen the return of Shirley as Ben is sentenced and Phil made peace with Jay. Derek’s manipulation of Tanya continued, as Lauren descended into an alcoholic slumber over her Joey heartbreak. Alfie begins to be suspicious, of Kat’s plea of fidelity, as he becomes detective. Bianca and Lola get jobs at the salon, and Lexi is placed back in Mitchell hands – Phil, that is. Alfie’s world is blown apart when he finds out the identity of Kat’s shagger is none other than Derek Branning, and Lauren and Tanya come to blows in the night of crazy hens, and annoying stags.

And that’s 2012. Until now, that is. So, hold tight because we’re about to kick off a evening, of Simon Ashdown’s Branning family;

And with this, I bring a musical lyric to sum up tonight’s crazy, crazy events;

‘’Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see’’

Guess the song of the lyric by 6.00pm Christmas Day!

Max’s Secret is revealed on Christmas day; EE Xmas 2012 Episode Synopsis:
Max's secret is revealed on Christmas Day

It's Christmas Day and Derek turns up for the Branning family's dinner, despite the recent tension with Max. True to form, Derek tries to be the centre of attention as he promotes his position as head of the family. In private, Max and Jack warn Derek that they want him out of their lives once Christmas is over - which only fuels Derek's desire to ruin today for Max. Derek is annoyed further when Joey arrives for the Christmas celebrations after being invited by Max. It's clear that Max is accepting of Joey and Lauren's relationship as he encourages them to sort things out.

Later, Max hands Tanya her Christmas gift and she is overwhelmed to see that it's a wedding dress. She is delighted to realise what Max has planned for the day and preparations soon get under way for the ceremony. As Tanya gets changed into her dress, the day is looking like one to remember for all the right reasons. However, it soon becomes unclear whether the wedding will go ahead at all as Derek's plan falls into place following his phone call yesterday, sending Max's world crashing down around him.

Max's past is back to haunt him thanks to Derek and everyone is stunned by the huge secret he's been hiding, although a smug Derek gloats about causing all the mess. A massive argument erupts between the Brannings, with Derek telling everyone what he really thinks of them. Max, Jack and Joey force Derek out of the house, but what happens next will change the family hierarchy forever…

Meanwhile, Alfie tries to celebrate Christmas as best he can as he spends the day with Mo, Jean, Roxy, Michael, Scarlett, Amy and Tommy. In the evening, Roxy confesses that she loves Alfie as they share a drink - but how will he respond?

Later, Kat arrives at The Vic and begs Alfie to give her another chance, but he makes it clear that she is no longer welcome. Roxy then interrupts the pair as she appears behind the bar. Thinking the worst, Kat rushes out. Are Roxy and Alfie now an item, or has Kat jumped to the wrong conclusion?

Tonight's Merry Christmas Cast List

Dead as a dodo this Xmas - Jamie Foreman

It’s all secrets Santa - Jake Wood

Tinselled Tanya; walking in a wedding wonderland - Jo Joyner

Santa’s woody reindeer - Scott Maslen

Santa’s little helper in LaSENSA - Jessie Wallace

Santa’s not-so-cheery Alf- Shane Richie

Rockin’ around the Xmas Tree with Roxy - Rita Simons

Ahhgfasdfghjsdfg this Xmas - David Witts (sorry I couldn’t help it)

Santa I got drunk at Xmas - Jacqueline Jossa

Have Abi Xmas and an Abi New Year! - Lorna Fitzgerald

Blame it on the Al-al-alcohol this Xmas - Ann Mitchell

Mrs Claus - Letitia Dean

Santa’s little, little helper - Harry Hickles

I played ‘Mayh Angel’ in the Branning navity this year - Jasmyn Banks.

Santa’s favourite Slater this year- Gillian Wright

Mo’ money, Santa mo problems - Laila Morse

I see a bad moon rising this Xmas - Steve John Shepherd

I’m havin an Abi Xmas this year - Jamie Borthwick

It’s not a silent, but Fiery Night Santa- Patsy Palmer

Oh there’s no one quite like Grandma - Lindsey Coulson

Not-so-Silent Whitness - Shona McGarty

Thinking about Antonee this Xmas - Tony Discipline

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKY (sorry, wrong bloke) - James Forde

Nothing but chicken nuggets for breakfast at Tiffany’s - Maisie Smith

Santa’s little nugget - Devon Higgs

Registrar - Michael O'Connor.

Director - Jennie Darnell

Executive Producer - Lorraine Newman

Writer - Simon Branning Ashdown

EastEnders Music; For this Christmas (*disclaimer these songs will be played on EastEnders Christmas Day - and if you hate Xmas songs, avoid this list!)

Wham - Last Christmas

Bing Crosby - White Christmas

Dean Martin - Winter Wonderland

Frank Sinatra - The First Noel

Bing Crosby - Sleigh Ride

The Supremes - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock

Darlene Love - All Alone On Christmas

Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

Rod Stewart - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Rod Stewart - Slient Night

Dean Martin - Let It Snow

Blue Christmas

Glee - The Most Wonderful Day of The Year

Dickie Valentine - Christmas Alphabet

Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby

Judy Garland - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Mario Lanza - Oh Christmas Tree

Doris Day - I'll Be Home For Christmas

Rosemary Clooney - Christmas

Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

Elton John - Step Into Christmas

Al Martino - Little Drummer Boy

John Lennon & Yoko Ono - Happy Christmas

Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas

Eastenders Christmas Quiz Special Part One: EastEnders Classic Christmas:

1.What Christmas did Den give Angie those infamous Divorce papers?

2.What Christmas did poor old Tiffany become as dead a dodo?

3.What Christmas did Alfie and Kat Marry?

4.Stax commenced in which Christmas year?

5.What Christmas did Alfie and Kat get their happily ever after – while Dennis, naturally was killed?:(

Classic Christimas Answers
Classic Christimas Answers

*PrincessPerfect’s corner; my take on 2012 and the upcoming Branning Christmas*

Hello! So, what a year 2012 has been. Ok, so it hasn’t exactly blown us way; the Amy custody case wasn’t must see TV, and Kat’s shagger was more EastEnders’ at its lowest then its finest (bar a fantastic reveal). But we have had some real fantastic drama too; from Murder Week, the Janaiechal wedding, and the BIG WEEK as well the Masood meltdown. And undoubtedly, we are due some fantastic drama tonight.

Who have been the top’s and the flops of 2012? And who are the interbetweeners? Well, tops of 2012 have to go to Max, Phil Jay, Abi, Michael, Janine and Ian for me. These characters have been standouts during the year providing us with some fantastic entertainment. My male of the year has to go to Michael Moon.

And leading female, is none other than Queen Janine! Flops of 2012? Well, Kat, Tyler, Anthony, Whitney, Joey and Derek would be my pick. Kat because this affair storyline really has brought out the worst, rather than the best in Kat and Derek’s a panto villain. The inbertweeners of the year? Alfie, Sharon, Tanya, Cora, Ava, Masood, AJ and Zee.

The Branning Christmas looks good; the one good thing the Brannings are worth is their complete talent at imploding. They did it in Stax, and they could do it just as good tonight.
Merry Christmas!

What did you think of the episode? 292 votes

Excellent
35% 103 votes
Good
24% 72 votes
Average
19% 56 votes
Bad
4% 14 votes
Poor
16% 47 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Thread: Part Two

Derek’s last speech

Oi, you there! Don’t you know who I am? Derek Branning, that’s who. Well of course you do – I’ve been on the telly to annoy, berate and even amuse you (maybe for the wrong reasons though) since my arrival, to this crazy place Walford in 2011. I promise you though, that no matters what happens – whether I’m stayin’ alive or dying another day – I’m the don of Walford – not that bald overripe bloke Philth Mitchell. It’s my turf, and as such you’ll all in debt to me; a debt of respect.

From that rotten bugger Joey, shagging his cousin (eww, how disgusting) to that facetious snob, Tanya and my weakling bruvas Jack and Max – (all have bad choice in women) and that loser Alfie people have been disrespectin’ me. This Sharon bird, who Jack keeps on banging on about is nothing more than Phil Mitchell’s used goods – that’s what I say. But most of all is you bloody viewers, especially the blighters on DS. I’ve read all the downright outright, respect-lacking opinions on this site, from PP, Maurice to T.K and IanMandy – I’ve been watching you all, and you best keep one eye open tonight!

Look at Max worrying like the chickens from Chicken run. That could well be you tonight, this Christmas Eve.
    I would like to wish a good merry Christmas though, to dan2008. He was been rightfully defending me against all the muck hit at me on this website. That man’s got some damn good taste. Anyway, tonight I’ll be up to my old tricks – and I won’t be going down without a fight. It’s not what my heroes – Don Corleone, and Al Pacino would have wanted. And I got my angel, (did you know she was an angel?) Alice to think about!

So, I bid you all farewell. But, I leave you with a song, something to remember me by
    - Live and Let Die.

Eastenders Christmas Quiz Special Part Two: The Brannings

So, another EastEnders Christmas brings another Christmas with EastEnder’s most crazy family at the forefront of the show. So, do you know then Brannings? Have a go at the quiz – and find out?!

1.When did Max begin his affair with Stacey Slater?

2.What age was Tanya when she became pregnant with Lauren?

3.Who knocked Max down in the autumn of 2008?

4.What matriarch’s son was the victim of Derek’s wrath upon the news his sister Carol was pregnant?

5.How many children and baby mamas does Jack Branning have?

6.What are the three surnames Tanya has had?

7.What the names of all of Jim’s children?

And finally, now to the answers of the EastEnders Christmas Quiz special Part Two: The Brannings……
    1.December 25th 2006
    2.Eighteen
    3.Lauren
    4.David Wicks
    5.Roxy Mitchell (Amy), Ronnie Mitchell (James; deceased), Selena Branning (Penny), and Sam Mitchell (Richard).
    6.Cross, Branning and Jessop.
    7.Derek, Carol, April, Suzy, Max and Jack.

EastEnders best Christmas moments

1. Den and Angie’s 1986 Christmas: The Divorce papers

2. Stax: The Big Secret is revealed

3. Kat and Alfie, happily ever after

4. Archie’s Downfall

EastEnders: The Twelve Days of Christmas *(feel free to sing a long)*

On the 1st day of Christmas EastEnders gave me, Derek as a deadie

On the 2nd day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me, a snowglobe and doorstop

On the 3rd day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me; a murder, a wedding and an affair

On the 4th day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me a mad May, Lunatic Lucas, Barbaric Ben, and Awful Archie

On the 5th day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me FIVE MORE BLOODY BRAN----NINGS!

On the 6th day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me Grant in all glory

On the 7th day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me, Michael and Janine

On the 8th day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me, a new language in Joey

On the 9th day of Christmas EastEnders gave me some conspiracy theories

On the 10th day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me Max’s bum

On the 11th day of Christmas EastEnders gave to me Shannis Shining brightly

On the 12th day of Christmas EastEnder gave to me Dirty Den and Angie

Links to what everyone’s talking about at this Merry time of the year;

well did the reveal make the shagger Sl worth it?

Which Branning Brother has the most morals?

Anyone else disappointed Derek is leaving?

EE spoilers: Everyone is going to be talkin about it

EE: It actually made sense for it to be Derek

So what is Max’s Secret?

Who is looking forward to Eastenders on Christmas Day?

EastEnders This Christmas: What Are You Looking Forward Too?

EE - Kat/Derek spoiler

What’s going in Albert Square:

EastEnders Star Jake Wood Signed Contract Not To Reveal Max's Secret

EastEnders' David Witts: 'Christmas episode will be exciting'

Who's got it in for Derek Branning?

'EastEnders': Derek Branning's Christmas Day fury - unseen pictures
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Thread: Part Three

The Low Down on tonight’s Christmas family – The

Brannings – The key players

Derek Branning

Born: 1961

Children: Joey, and Alice

Derek was born to Jim and Reenie Branning – he was the oldest of his siblings. Derek, had to take the ropes as head honcho of the Branning family at a young age– and was very ‘protective’ over his siblings, offering sister Carol money to arrange an abortion when she became pregnant age fourteen; and beating up David Wicks, the father of the child – driving out the Wicks’ from Walford. Derek had inherited racist tendencies from his father Jim. In the early 1990s, Derek had two children – but was reportedly physically and verbally abusive to his wife. In 1997, Derek was imprisoned and was released in 2011.

Derek’s return to Walford has seen him cause much trouble amongst a family unwillingly to accept the former head honcho's desire acquire his past control. Derek came back to Walford with the Branning family in crisis, due to Tanya’s cancer, and Max’s absence with events that had harboured in Manchester, not quite behind them as we will soon find out. He terrorised Pat, and David Wicks – in cahoots with his sibling Jack, of whom he originally shared a flat with before moving into Pat Butcher’s home after her death. He’s also re-ignited his feud with Michael Moon; a former school friend of Jack Branning’s and tried to knock Phil Mitchell off his turf whilst Phil was imprisoned – to no avail.

Derek saw the arrival of his daughter Alice in spring, though their relationship has been somewhat volatile. He also saw arrival of his son Joey – and their relationship has been acrimonious at best. Over the last couple months, due to his interfering antics, Derek has found himself become something of an outsider in a family he was once at the heart of – especially since the revelation of his affair with Landlady Kat and his manipulation of Tanya. Derek though, a man never to write off his ability to work his way back into his family, is back with a vengeance with one last stand of dirty business to deal with. Because if he’s going down, then so is everyone with him.

Max Branning

Born: 1969

Children: Lauren, Abi & Oscar

Significant other: Tanya Cross (fiancée)

Max, like Derek was born to Jim and Reenie Branning. He endured a difficult childhood and an especially strained relationship with his father Jim, something largely exacerbated by the presence of his younger brother Jack. As the two were more competitors, rather than brothers life was even harder for Max as Jack was seen as the golden boy – with Max taking the fall for many of Jack’s misdeeds. Max was even locked in a coffin by Jim, for speaking to a black boy as a child.

When Max was eighteen, he had a son called Bradley with his girlfriend Rachel in 1987. Max, in the early 1990s, began an affair with a young hairdresser by the name of Tanya Cross – and when Tanya became pregnant with Lauren, in 1993 (aged eighteen) Max divorced Rachel and married Tanya in 1994. Two years later, Abi followed. Tanya and Max’s marriage was strained; with Tanya enduring many affairs from Max – most notably seen in 2007, when Max cheated on her with his daughter-in-law, Stacey.

Max lost contact with Bradley, after walking out on him, but the two were reunited in 2006, and after several hurdles seemed to be making headway. Christmas 2006, saw Max after intervening in an incident where his son’s ex-girlfriend Stacey destroyed his car in avenge for a Christmas party gone wrong, began an affair with Stacey. After many twists and turns, including a summer ultimatum by Stacey leading to Max and co’s temporary departure to Spain, and subsequently Stacey and Bradley reuniting (and becoming engaged) Christmas 2007 saw the reveal of the dirty little secret.

2008 saw Max become enemy number one. Max’s is unable to accept rejection by Tanya and her new life with Sean and relations between the two become bitter. This eventually leads to Tanya, burying him alive – before digging him back up again, and Max departing from Walford. Upon his autumn return, where he found Tanya and Jack had begun a relationship he set up an attempt to frame his brother. Due to Jack’s connections in the police, Jack managed to get hold of the gun Max’s used himself – and kidnapped and berated his brother.

After the bust-up, as well as incident involving his daughter Lauren, and Peter Beale Max was run over, later revealed to be due to his daughter Lauren. Later, Max and Tanya reunited but after finding out about his financial scams, the two break-up again and Tanya leaves with Lauren and Oscar, with Abi following in the Christmas of 2009. After Christmas, Max discovers Stacey and Bradley’s involvement in the Archie saga, and along with Jack tries to help them to flee – however, Bradley ends up dying in the process.

Max tries to reunite with Tanya, but is unsuccessful as she has begun a new relationship with fiancé Greg Jessop. Max then begins what becomes a relationship with Vanessa Gold and her family move in to his house. Max begins protecting Stacey Slater, who is the real killer of Archie after a heated confrontation with her. Lauren manages to figure out that Stacey is the killer and gets a confession from her. After Stacey’s secret is no more, thanks to Janine Max’s agrees to help her depart from Walford and even confesses his love for her. Stacey rebukes Max, and leaves.

Max proposes to Vanessa, but soon begins an affair with Tanya, which Lauren discovers. The affair, by summer 2011 is out and Max leaves Walford after Tanya rejects him. He returns in November 2011 with his brother Derek to find that Tanya has cancer. Tanya and Max, reunite (again) although Max comes close to infidelity with Roxy Mitchell, exchanging texts before ending it. Tanya gets the all clear, and soon the relationship seems to be back on track. However, Max is harbouring a secret - one which his brother Derek is more than happy to use against him. And soon, thanks to Derek Max’s world will once again be blown apart…….

Jack Branning

Born: 1972

Children: Penny, Amy, Richard, James (deceased)

Significant Other: Sharon Rickman

Jack was the youngest child of Jim and Reenie Branning, and was the golden boy of his family. He was friends with Michael Moon at school, and despite having a bad relationship with brother Max, kept in contact with him. Jack settled down with Selina, and had a daughter Penny in 1998. Jack also cultivated a seemingly successful career in the police, although was involved in corrupt dealings and this has a shocking impact on his family, as Selina and Penny where both shot at with Penny being confined to a wheelchair. Upon this, Selina and Jack divorced and Jack retired from the police force.

In 2007, Jack arrived in Walford for the wedding of his nephew, Bradley. He and Ronnie Mitchell meet and soon they go into business partnership together. Jack tries to blackmail Ronnie’s cousin, Phil Mitchell after taping him confessing to be involved with the dodgy motors that ended up claiming the life of Kevin Wicks. Jack soon starts a relationship with Ronnie, to the unhappiness of the Mitchell family. Selina returns, and Jack and she have an ONS. Ronnie finds out about this via her sister Roxy, and Jack and Ronnie break-up. They reunite briefly, but break up once again.

Upon this, Jack has ONS with Roxy, impregnating her. Jack then begins a relationship with Tanya. Max returns, upon hearing this news tries to come between them and attempts to frame Jack for attempted murder. Jack, in response to this manages to obtain the gun from police connections he has and kidnaps Max. After this, Max ends up getting run over – and ultimately, Tanya and Jack’s relationship ends soon thereafter. Jack then demands a paternity test for Amy, Roxy’s new-born child and Jack is found to indeed be the father, with a Mitchell Christmas at the Vic chronicling the reveal.

Eventually, Jack does have some form of contact with Amy and he and Ronnie reunite – but Ronnie, in depression due to Danielle’s death leads to the relationship being strained once again. 2009 also sees the Jack/Phil feud recommence as Phil’s discovers Jack is dealing drugs – and when Shirley buys drugs from one of his contacts, Phil forces Jack to buy them back. In revenge Jack employs Sam Mitchell and they begin an affair. This ends up being revealed in the Vic by Bianca, and Jack’s chances of making a go of things with Ronnie once again go awry.

After Christmas 2009, in the aftermath of Archie’s killing and Ronnie’s miscarriage, Jack becomes involved in trying to help Bradley and Stacey avoid custody; ending in Bradley’s death. 2010 also sees Jack begin a relationship (albeit a brief one) with Chelsea Fox. Jack also ends up shot by Kylie, and is hospitalised. Once again, the dramas with Ronnie flair up – this time because of the nature of the relationship between Ronnie and his consultant, Mr Steele.

Eventually, Jack and Ronnie once again reunite whilst Jack struggles with physiotherapy. Ronnie discovers Sam’s pregnancy, and after a series of confrontations Sam says that Ricky, not Jack is the dad of Richard. However, Bianca reveals that Jack is the father. Ronnie via financial bribing tries to get Sam out of Jack’s life, and eventually Sam leaves Walford with Richard.

Jack and Ronnie marry, but Jack leaves away on business after their honeymoon – so doesn’t get to be there for the birth of his son, in which baby James dies of Cot death. Upon Jack’s return he sells his share of the R&R and becomes invested in the Car Lot with Max. He is unaware of baby James’ death as Ronnie has swapped her baby with Kat Moon’s, unable to deal with the death of James. Soon, a friend of Jack’s Michael Moon turns up on the square and ends up staying with Jack and Ronnie – much to Ronnie’s upset.

Ronnie and Michael’s relationship is tumultuous, and once Michael finds out that Ronnie swapped the babies, he plots her downfall setting her up, and leading to her arrest. Jack meanwhile, struggles to accept recent events and gets into a depression having a ONS with Raine Cross, but eventually reunites with Ronnie (although they break up after Ronnie is sentenced to two years in prison). After Ronnie’s sentence Jack confronts Michael, angry with his actions.

In the autumn of 2011, Roxy leaves Amy in the care of Jay and Ben, and due to Ben & Jay not paying attention Amy runs herself a bath and ends up nearly drowning. The aftermath of these events leads to the custody case, in February, in which Jack loses. This autumn, Jack began a relationship with Sharon Rickman and through her involvement in the Lexi custody case the feud between him and Phil was reignited. But that wasn’t the only feud to arise this Christmas. Controlling brother Derek has pushed Jack’s buttons, as far as Sharon is concerned and their relationship is strained as ever in the aftermath of the revelation Derek is Kat’s shagger…….

Tanya Cross

Born: 1975

Children: Lauren, Abi and Oscar

Significant Other: Max Branning

Tanya was born on a council estate in the East End to Cora and Bill Cross, the older of Cora’s children with Bill Cross. Tanya, as a teenager was a wild child – dabbling in drugs, sex and alcohol – but also having to deal with the cancer of her father, Bill Cross. Tanya aged eighteen becomes pregnant for Max Branning, and as a result he divorces his wife Rachel and marries Tanya, setting up home with her. Tanya and Max come to Walford in 2006, trying to repair their marriage after yet another affair. However, later that year Max begins an affair with Stacey Slater. In 2007, Tanya discovers she is pregnant with her third child Oscar, and gives birth to him in the autumn of 2007. Stacey and Max’s affair is revealed that December, and upon the revelation Max and Tanya break up.

Tanya begins a relationship with Sean Slater – and as tensions between her and Max arise, Tanya plots to get rid of Max once and for all by burying him alive, involving Sean – though she ends up digging him back up again. After this, Max leaves Walford and Tanya begins a relationship with Jack. Upon Max’s return to Walford he finds out about this, and plots to put a spanner in the works by framing Jack for attempted murder. However, this goes awry and Max feels the full force of Jack’s wrath.

In the aftermath of Max being run over Tanya and Jack end their relationship, and Tanya ends up doing prison time to cover for her daughter Lauren, who tried to run Max over. Max and Tanya reunite in 2009, but after discovering Max’s lies about his financial situation once again they break up, with Tanya coming to collect Abi in the Christmas of 2009. Tanya returns in 2011, with a new fiancée, Greg Jessop who buys her back the salon. However, in the spring of 2011 she begins an affair with Max. Upon the revelation of the affair, Max leaves Walford not knowing about Tanya’s cancer and Greg leaves Tanya.

Max returns in the autumn of that year, and finds out about the cancer and Tanya and Max reunite with Tanya being given the all clear. Max proposes to Tanya, and they highlight December as their wedding month. But it has not all been good news for Tanya – suffering manipulation from Derek, and her wedding ruined by an angry, drunken Lauren. Can Max salvage her fairy-tale wedding, or is her world about to be turned upside down even more…?

Who Killed Derek – Key players in Derek’s enemy list

So, it’s pretty much a given which Branning Brother will be as dead as dodo by the end of tonight. But who has got it in for him – we all know that he’s made enemies of brothers Max and Jack, especially upon a certain recent reveal – and sister-in-law Tanya has never liked him. But there are others who wouldn’t be too bothered by Derek’s death…..

Alfie Moon: The cheeky, chappie Alfie Moon – Landlord of the Queen Vic is usually Walford’s ray of sunshine but the revelation that Derek was the one shagging Kat has seriously hit his world like a lightning bolt, triggering a far more darker Alfie Moon. Could Alfie be the one to do Derek in?

PP’s verdict: It won’t be Alfie. He’s angry, but Alfie’s not a killer. He can’t even punch that well.

Lauren Branning: Lauren has never liked Derek, not least because of his bullying of Lucy, his interfering nature and his meddling in her brief union with cousin Joey – and the other half of the time Lauren has simply been too drunk to care. Now, drinking herself into oblivion, could Lauren’s desperation lead her to attempt to commit murder again – and this time with success? Family murder is not a no-no for Lauren.

PP’s verdict: It won’t be Lauren. She’ll be too drunk this time to plot and carry out the murder. When she was fourteen at least she was somewhat sober.

Kat Moon: Soon to becoming a Slater again, Kat’s affair with Derek has had serious repercussions both in her standing in the community as well as marriage to Alfie ending up in the bin (well, at least for now). She’s also been seriously manipulated by Derek. Will Kat, blame Derek for recent events and do him in?

PP’s verdict: No way will Kat be Derek’s murderer. Derek can read Kat like a book and will be able to manipulate himself out of any situation with her. Plus, all that is on Kat’s mind is getting Alfie back (AGAIN).

Joey Branning: Joey, as we know doesn’t have a good relationship with his dad, Derek. According to Joey (who is very much the egg to Derek’s chicken) Derek was physically and verbally violent towards his mother. But could Joey do Derek in, especially after his manipulation of him, and Lauren?

PP’s verdict: Certainly a possibility, and one of the main favourites. Joey’s limitations as to how far he’d go in a situation aren’t clear and since he’s quite like daddy (aside from looks) then he could well be Derek’s killer.

Michael Moon: A longstanding victim of Derek, Michael Moon is the villain who has fallen prey to an even bigger villain one too many times in his life – this February he suffered a brutal beating by Derek. But would Michael, now feel compelled to kill Derek?

PP’s verdict: Although MM’s a big favourite, I think he’s too obvious and I think that he doesn’t really have any main reason now to kill Derek. And considering MM’s someone who doesn’t like violence (meaning he lets others get the better of him in confrontations) and ended up ruining his own con-plan back in June (he found a conscience) I don’t think he’ll murder Derek. Plus, he has Scarlet to preoccupy him.

Lucy Beale: Bullied and harassed by Derek, Lucy conned her dad out of everything, could she kill Derek?

PP’s verdict: NO. All Derek would have to do is go ‘boo’ and Lucy would run away. Ditto to Fatboy, Tyler, Whitney etc.
    There are others Derek’s upset – Roxy, Patrick – in fact pretty much everyone – but these incidents are minor and not worthy of real analysis as to whether anyone is going to murder someone on the basis of taunting for instance. Plus, in the case of Tyler he’s too thick to even think why Anthony has suddenly fled from Walford – the circumstances of that being the closest reasoning for Tyler being a killer. And even then, no one kills someone over an Antiques shop no one cared about anyway.

The most people likely to do in Derek are family members – Tanya, Max, Jack, Joey etc. – they have the biggest grudge to bear. But there’s another aspect to this; Derek’s death could well be an accident – like, Den Watts’ death sort of was. Chrissie didn’t mean to kill Den, she did it self-defence. I suspect the circumstances of Derek’s death will sort of be like that. I seriously doubt TPTB have done all this building up only for Derek to die of natural causes.

But who do you think will do in Derek tonight?

Max’s Secret – mirror, mirror on the Xmas wall what is Manic Max’s Christmas Secret?

It’s gone on, and on, and on, and on. But now the time has arrived. So what could Max’s secret be? The obvious choice is well a woman is involved. Maybe Max had an affair last autumn and has a secret child? This could well be the secret – but it would be a bit boring, tbh.

There’s the option Max could be either involved in or have committed a murder. More interesting - though making Max a killer could ruin his character – and I think it’s more likely he’s involved in murder – something he got roped into by Derek more than likely - and he’s feeling very uneasy about it.

Third, is that Max could be borrowing money from loan sharks, and that’s why there’s men chasing him for money. Max certainly isn’t a stranger to dodgy financial dealings. He is a Branning, after all.

Then there’s the sham marriage theory. Max is involved in some criminal organisation regarding immigrants, and married one of them to bring them into the country. But if this is the case where does the chasing-money aspect come in?
    There are also far-fetched theories regarding Stacey, but since it would have been shouted from the roof tops by TPTB if Stacey was returning, I don’t think it’s that.

So what do you think is most likely Max’s secret?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    I luv the thread hun :D sooooo can't wait for this episode :D
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Early thread. :eek: A brilliant one though, can't wait for EE Xmas. :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early thread. :eek: A brilliant one though, can't wait for EE Xmas. :o:D
    I thought people would want to start talking about tomorrow's episode early:):cool:
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    Really long thread
    But amazing
    I'm really looking forwar to this
    Hope I won't be dissapointed
  • KissesDontLieKissesDontLie Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Brilliant thread :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome thread PP merry Xmas to ya :p
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome thread! Thank you Princess and Merry Christmas to everyone!:D:cool:
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the thread. Happy Christmas everyone :D
    Looking forward the episode :)
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Excellent thread! :)

Roll on tomorrow! :D

Happy Xmas folks! :)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Thanks for the thread. So excited to find out what Max's secret is - I really hope it's not a let down.

Merry Christmas everyone :D
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    Fantastic thread! Welldone on winning aswell and I think everyone has picked the right person:)

Looking forward to the Episode!

Merry Christmas Everyone:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    is Max's secret to do with those thugs ?
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    is Max's secret to do with those thugs ?
    Yes. He's done something in Manchester but what we don't know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Yes. He's done something in Manchester but what we don't know.

maybe had an affair with one of thems mrs :D
    Forum Member
    Or......one of the Guy's Father;)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No, apparantly the secret is shocking :p
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant thread. Merry Christmas everyone.
  • blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant thread PP!!!

Looking forward to the episode tonight! I'm taking my last breather of the day before I start to tackle dinner. I've somehow agreed to do 7 different veg so that everyone gets something they like! :eek: I shall look forward to curling up in front of this episode tonight with some cold turkey!

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas day!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blue_angel wrote: »
    Brilliant thread PP!!!

Looking forward to the episode tonight! I'm taking my last breather of the day before I start to tackle dinner. I've somehow agreed to do 7 different veg so that everyone gets something they like! :eek: I shall look forward to curling up in front of this episode tonight with some cold turkey!

You too :)
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will watch it of course as got nothing on today except walk my dog to the park.

Hope this episode would be a memorable one to remember as media press promised
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic thread Princess thank you for your hard work. Happy Christmas Everyone and lets hope the big reveal is worth the wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I luv the thread hun :D sooooo can't wait for this episode
    Early thread. :eek: A brilliant one though, can't wait for EE Xmas
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Really long thread
    But amazing
    I'm really looking forwar to this
    Hope I won't be dissapointed
    Brilliant thread
    klendathu wrote: »
    Awesome thread PP merry Xmas to ya
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Awesome thread! Thank you Princess and Merry Christmas to everyone!:D
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread. Happy Christmas everyone :D
    Looking forward the episode :)
    Lushness wrote: »
    Excellent thread! :)

Roll on tomorrow! :D

Happy Xmas folks!
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Wow! Thanks for the thread. So excited to find out what Max's secret is - I really hope it's not a let down.

Merry Christmas everyone
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Fantastic thread! Welldone on winning aswell and I think everyone has picked the right person

Looking forward to the Episode!

Merry Christmas Everyone
    priscilla wrote: »
    Brilliant thread. Merry Christmas everyone.
    blue_angel wrote: »
    Brilliant thread PP!!!

KaylaL wrote: »
    Fantastic thread Princess thank you for your hard work. Happy Christmas Everyone and lets hope the big reveal is worth the wait.

Thank you:)

And merry Xmas to all:)
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Wow, great effort with the thread PP. Although (not at all a reflection on your own hard work), the summary of the year in EE really does show what a mediocre one 2012 has been.

Ah well, Merry Christmas everyone!