Matt Smith- How much longer...

12346»

Comments

• darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like the way he is sticking with the show on a roll with Tom Baker to be the longest serving doc if i remember rightly ?
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    It's in one of the magazines that comes with the Sun. It is an interview done very recently and it's a direct quote from him where he very clearly talks about his upcoming filming schedule. He's saying 'we' shoot the Christmas episode (which we know he's in) and then 'we' move on to series 8.

So basically he's either in PART of series 8 (of course just because he's starting shooting it doesn't mean he's doing the whole thing) or he is outright lying here. Which would be a change of tactic since he's so far been MUCH more cagey about his future. He's been saying 'we'll see' up until now.

The fact that he doesn't know exactly when series 8 will start filming seems to suggest they're still actually finalising their plans. The only other thing he's said about it so far was Moffat discussed plans with him and they're dramatic and tear jerking. Which did rather make me think that Moffat plans for a proper exit for Matt during series 8.

Not buying it.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    i like the way he is sticking with the show on a roll with Tom Baker to be the longest serving doc if i remember rightly ?

I can't imagine anyone surpassing Tom Baker's record.

If Matt is doing Series 8 (and hopefully all of it), that will probably be his last series and quite likely, Moffat's too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    hardylane wrote: »
    Not buying it.

Neither does he have to be lying as they suggest. Interview took place during 50th filming not on set in the USA.

That may make a difference if you believe what's been on the grapevine of late.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is basically like a revolving door. To keep it fresh it needs a new show runner, Doctor and redesign. Moffat is slowly running out of ideas and Matt probably wants to do other things before he starts getting type cast.
    Forum Member
    Absolutely, I personally feel Moff is a great occasional writer and possibly not the wisest choice for a show runner if one was to consider the additional skillset necessary to be an executive in production management and effective team player.

For his own personal and professional well being Moff maybe needs to find a new format of his own again.

In his youth he created Pressgang - groundbreaking for its time ( though I note he still writes his female characters like Julias) he's had success with Coupling.

Lately, it's Jekyll, Tin Tin, Who and Sherlock. Tinkering with other people's creations. If he is really at the top of his game as he suggests - produce something original again.

We all need balance in our lives - just saying.
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    And the big shock of the anniversary?: "Oooo I'm 12 not 11, 'ere 10 you're really 11, you carry on and I'll come back when it's time for 12" ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Smith has been confirmed for the full of 2014....which means he is the doctor for the 50th, 2013 Christmas Special and the whole of series 8 and by the sounds of it Xmas 2014 as well...if whole of 2014 is anything to go by...which links up to what i thought...2015 may be the change up year.....anyways glad to have it confirmed....five years of Matt, fourth series of Matt...YEAH!

So much for being confirmed eh? :rolleyes:

I did point out last month that Matt Smith`s Doctor was coming to an end and yet some still continued to ignore the signs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    hardylane wrote: »
    Xmas regeneration. From reliable "biz" source.

tis guy knows......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I would say several years. He aint going no place...

TRUST ME ;)
    Forum Member
    ncr1969 wrote: »
    Matt was Never The Sinner, but I concur the time is right to relaunch the series post 50. WHO has relied on change over the last 50 years to remain fresh and I really want this to continue and for the series to be in fine shape for All My Sons. We all have different views on what should be the perfect format for the series - but that's the delight of the programme - it's As You Like It!.

.. Does anyone appreciate how hard it was to shoe-horn in references to Ben Daniels? :D
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doop wrote: »
    So much for being confirmed eh? :rolleyes:

I did point out last month that Matt Smith`s Doctor was coming to an end and yet some still continued to ignore the signs.

The signs were there for the Regeneration DVD Box Set. You could smell more than a hint there...
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP here; well, my head called it right and my heart didn't...often the way! TBH it's a couple of days later and I'm still a bit gutted. :(

Still..."Go softly on..."
    Forum Member
    Actually.. Id prefer it if 11 has actually sacrificed himself in effect by rescuing Clara?. Last time we saw them was still inside his own time-stream remember.

11 in the special being - essentially - a past Doctor or at least one where we have already seen the beginning of the action that damns him. The regeneration to 12 - and the enabling it to occur - would in effect be the whole point of the special.

Either way I'm not convinced The Doctor's timeline is "fixed". Clara's well meaning intentions may have had side effects...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    The signs were there for the Regeneration DVD Box Set. You could smell more than a hint there...

The have known about Matt leaving since before Christmas last year, this isn`t something recent like some are being led to believe.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas