Options

Any ladies here ever go into a fight at school, college wherever?

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I personally never have but have seen 1 or 2.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once at secondry school. I was about 13 IIRC.
    Her name was Pauline and she had been bullying me for months. One day she slapped me round the face and called me a white s**g. I lost the plot and hit back. The next thing I remember is another two girls pulling me off her while I was sat asride her bouncing her head off the playground.
    I'm not proud of losing my temper, but I never got bullied after that.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally snapped with a bully and smacked her one.

Wouldn't have been a big deal if I hadn't been batting at the time (cricket) :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Unfourtunately once with my best friends ex girlfriend, not my proudest moment.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I really hate to see grown women fighting especially if they're in a public place, but I think it's different for schoolgirls especially when standing up to bullies.

I had several fights at school, and it was all to do with finally standing up to the bullies. I have to say that although I'm not that great on confrontation, and the minutes leading up to the fight were always quite nervewracking, the minutes after, I remembering feeling euphoric! Because you knew that the next day, there'd be no more bullying, and you got your self respect back....
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once at school, it was end of term it wasn't to do with bulling, this girl decided she wanted to rip my tights.... and that wasn't going to happen :D
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think physical violence is a pretty poor way to resolve any conflicts, male or female, can ruin your career and life if you get caught up in legal proceedings, so not worth it, not to me anyway! I just laugh and walk away in these situations, I don't really rise to it.

Once a fellow female classmate in the final year of primary school, hit me round the back of the head with a cricket bat after PE, it was all because she had some crazy hate for me bacause I am Scottish, we lived in Devon at the time, she was always picking on me. Worked out in the end, a teacher saw her, she got expelled and I never needed to see her again! Karma.
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Once and only once. It was near the end of term in year 9 and it was my bully, who had bullied me relentlessly since primary school. She was the most popular girl in my year and she'd (along with her friends) made my life hell for years.

I had been sitting on a grassy hill at lunchtime with my group of friends, talking amongst ourselves, when she came up behind me and, completely unprovoked by myself or my friends (none of us noticed her, or cared), dragged me down the hill by my bag. I turned round and fought her then and there. It was the first and only time I ever retaliated, and I wasn't proud of it. But she stopped bullying me from that point onwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jen-B wrote: »
    Yes. Once and only once. It was near the end of term in year 9 and it was my bully, who had bullied me relentlessly since primary school. She was the most popular girl in my year and she'd (along with her friends) made my life hell for years.

I had been sitting on a grassy hill at lunchtime with my group of friends, talking amongst ourselves, when she came up behind me and, completely unprovoked by myself or my friends (none of us noticed her, or cared), dragged me down the hill by my bag. I turned round and fought her then and there. It was the first and only time I ever retaliated, and I wasn't proud of it. But she stopped bullying me from that point onwards.
    I know that you just put that you didn't feel proud of it. But my opinión is that anyone who finally does stand up for themselves should be proud!

The alternative would have been a lot worse if you hadn't stood up for yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in kids (male or female) just starting fights, but it is totally different when you're actually only defending yourself....

I've had so many experiences of that at school....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rae_Roo wrote: »
    I think physical violence is a pretty poor way to resolve any conflicts, male or female, can ruin your career and life if you get caught up in legal proceedings, so not worth it, not to me anyway! I just laugh and walk away in these situations, I don't really rise to it.

Once a fellow female classmate in the final year of primary school, hit me round the back of the head with a cricket bat after PE, it was all because she had some crazy hate for me bacause I am Scottish, we lived in Devon at the time, she was always picking on me. Worked out in the end, a teacher saw her, she got expelled and I never needed to see her again! Karma.
    You were lucky in the fact that she got expelled, and you didn't have to face years of torment from bullies. I was lucky as well because although I was constantly bullied at school, every time it got me down I would fight back (physically) and it worked. Next day, no more bullying.

You put that physical violence is a poor way to resolve any conflicts etc, but is it actually "physical violence" when you're defending yourself from a physical attack?

I do wonder sometimes when I read about another poor girl or boy ending their life because of bullies, I think, could that have been avoided, if they'd stood up to the bullies in the beginning?
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I had fought the bullies, I regret it now

Edit: I mean I wish I could go back in time and give them a pasting, I have a great life now so I've not let it affect my happiness!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    I wish I had fought the bullies, I regret it now

Edit: I mean I wish I could go back in time and give them a pasting, I have a great life now so I've not let it affect my happiness!
    But the problem with bullies is that they're never alone when they go out bullying are they? Although they're clever and never pick on the person when they're with their friends, only when they're on their own. So it does make it so much more difficult to fight back.

There was one bully I never got my own back on and I regret that as well and with hindsight I know that she was only "strong" simply because she knew I wouldn't fight back and if I had done, I imagine she would have thought twice, even though she was still physically bigger than me.

Although I think that in some ways bullying in schools now is even worse than it used to be....
    And I hate the fact that so much sympathy is sometimes given to the bullies now as if they're "victims" too, and it makes me sick!
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    You were lucky in the fact that she got expelled, and you didn't have to face years of torment from bullies. I was lucky as well because although I was constantly bullied at school, every time it got me down I would fight back (physically) and it worked. Next day, no more bullying.

You put that physical violence is a poor way to resolve any conflicts etc, but is it actually "physical violence" when you're defending yourself from a physical attack?

I do wonder sometimes when I read about another poor girl or boy ending their life because of bullies, I think, could that have been avoided, if they'd stood up to the bullies in the beginning?

Nah I think it is a poor way in relation to adults ie college like the OP mentioned, I think it's a stupid way to act as an adult, obviously if someone is assualting you, you need to defend yourself and be safe.

School and bullying that's a whole different thing, not one I'd get into myself, I had one experience, and I spoke to my parents and they were dealing with it too, it just came to ahead as I mentioned previously. I suppose the problem lies when kids, for whatever reasons, can't confide in their parents and deal with things alone, or they aren't taking seriously be the school. But like I say things are a lot different these days, procedurally with schools, I don't imagine it's as easy to get away with this stuff now than it was years ago.