The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    And it looks like I was right in my prediction that they wouldn't advertise the out of slot episode despite advertising a normal episode on Wednesday. They really are brainless idiots at ITV.

It will be interesting to see whether Friday EE or Sunday Corrie will rate lower.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burbe wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see whether Friday EE or Sunday Corrie will rate lower.

Easy. Sunday Corrie. 5.4m inc+1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Neither have I. :)
    Go on though and have a guess !!

Ok then somewhere between 4m-6m. Or I'm overpredicting and its so niche that CITV is the right home for it, but I doubt it. I think it will do well.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    EE 5.5m
    ED 4.73m + 225k on +1

Soaps area dying genre, next week I expect ratings to take another hit because of the lighter nights.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soaps area dying genre, next week I expect ratings to take another hit because of the lighter nights.

In a few years 30th will be looked back on as the time EE jumped the shark.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...and extended Bank Holiday weekend, with it looking likely of some warm settled weather for the southern half of the country.
  • northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    I think it's because it keeps getting shafted around the schedule.

However, I find the regional news just as informative in a 15 minute slot, than dragged out to 30 minutes wasting more of my life. I think the National news could easily be cut to 15 minutes aswell and they cut out the filler.

If you cut out the intro, headlines, coming up segments, and the reporters trying to make a live link last longer, you would probably end up with 15 minutes anyway, and you would have an extra half hour of your life back.

Yes but what would you do with it?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [highlight]IT'S TIME FOR A NEW SEASON ON THE DSRPG![/highlight]

The Ark graces our screens on Monday but will it sink or swim? Could the Leaders' debate poll well? Will Michael McIntyre's Easter Outing be a post-Lent pick me up or heavier than a hundred Easter eggs being devoured by Vera?

Thunderbirds returns; how will it launch? Both Only Connect and The Voice UK reach their final stage but, unlike at Strangeways, there shouldn't be a riot. I can't be so sure about Italy v England, though. Breaking Dawn combines kissing and blood sucking but will it suck in the final figures? Eurovision makes an early appearance but will it be number one in the hit parade?

Whether you're a regular, a lapsed player or brand new to the game why not take part? Just left click HERE, hit 'Quote', delete the Quote marks and get predicting!

Thank you to everyone who takes part in advance.

:)
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok then somewhere between 4m-6m. Or I'm overpredicting and its so niche that CITV is the right home for it, but I doubt it. I think it will do well.
    When was the last time ITV got 4-6m at 5pm on Saturday, other than for a football match?

I meant to write this the other day, but I forgot: good luck with your new job, H. :)
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Excellent EE tonight - which will no doubt get lowish ratings and be slagged off tommorrow as being poor !! ;-)
    After the first few minutes, I thought they'd missed an episode out! It really was an "express service" with those DNA results!
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member

When ITV struggles to get 6 million for its big evening drama's you may have slightly over estimated.

Easter Saturday and a decent slot may have given it 4 million, but at 5pm it could get I would think 2.1 inc +1 . It will be a sad day if a blooming YBF repeat gets equal or more than this show. It has a lot stacked up against it with low ratings programmes all over the place and a batch of nice weather predicted too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't see Thunderbirds doing well at all.

Plus ITV have Clare Balding on SNT tonight, so they're throwing the show in a ditch it would seem.

Plus Cheryl Tweedy-Versini which the UK are soo over with, it doesn't look well for SNT tonight.

The new promo for BGT looks cr*p.

Promo for CS on Monday, but nothing for its out of slot Sunday show - so are they throwing the Sunday ul under the bus?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Plus ITV have Clare Balding on SNT tonight, so they're throwing the show in a ditch it would seem.

Plus Cheryl Tweedy-Versini which the UK are soo over with, it doesn't look well for SNT tonight.
    You do exaggerate.

Who were you expecting, Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolie ??

At least it's not random ITV soap stars, be thankful for that.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are heading for disapointment with that prediction. It wouldn't rate that high if it was on at 9pm on a Monday.

Indeed I see this ending up in one of those tedious 'blame it on the schedulers' moans that seems to be the reason for any programme that rates lower than hoped and doesn't air on a Sunday or Monday at 9pm.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plus ITV have Clare Balding on SNT tonight, so they're throwing the show in a ditch it would seem?

Yes millions up and down the land are probably deciding their viewing tonight based on who gets the guest announcer slot on Saturday Night Takeaway.

You've been posting this stuff every week since SNT started and when pointed out that the show isn't just about the guests, you ignore it and then post the same again.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Going for 2.4m for Thunderbirds next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Yes millions up and down the land are probably deciding their viewing tonight based on who gets the guest announcer slot on Saturday Night Takeaway.

Yes they are, as they're watching The Voice instead.:)
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's happened to this thread? It seems to have died down in activity a lot.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    dennisboy wrote: »

Ratings are underwhelming. No 'big' shows on at the moment...
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am too busy having a life to post on this thread, Plus its now Part 64 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The new promo for BGT looks cr*p.

Promo for CS on Monday, but nothing for its out of slot Sunday show - so are they throwing the Sunday ul under the bus?

You are miserable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are miserable.

No, I'm not, I enjoyed it actually.:)
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »

We are all watching TVUK.

And splitting our sides open laughing at Will i am. :D
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So to continue the Coronation Street trailer debacle, ITV are now running an advert for Monday's episodes, completely ignoring the Sunday one. At least this time the trailer looks interesting as it promotes the return of Sarah. But would it really be hard to say "Tomorrow at 8 and Monday at 7:30" or something to that effect? I can't believe the incompetence. I'm hoping Monday's episodes will rate well at least as Sarah was a popular character.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    We are all watching TVUK.

And splitting our sides open laughing at Will i am. :D

Fair play that was soooo bad it was great😂 plus what was that Sia all about why doesn't she show Her face?
This discussion has been closed.