Who else is excited for The Hunger Games : Catching Fire?!

Comments

• ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    The first film was pretty bad.

Why didn't you like the first film? I thought it didn't live up to the book, could have done with a little bit of narration too, but other than that it was solid!

I AM DYING TO SEE CATCHING FIRE! It was my favourite book of the three. The Arena is awesome! The concept is clever and I didn't expect it! The character dynamics are juicy!
    AAAAGGGGGH! I don't know how I'll wait!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really looking forward to this. I had read all 3 books just before seeing the first film, it was so fresh in my mind that I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I should have. Whereas it been a nice long time since I read the books and I can watch this film without over thinking it too much x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to it that much I'm having to not think about it. Read the books about three times and watched The Hunger Games about 100 (even though its really not that good tbf)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for any book readers do you suggest watching CF first or reading the book?

i watched original film first and liked it,id say 8/10, then i read the book and enjoyed that more,i dont think the film did a good job of showing the going ons in katniss head

so now im 4 chapters into CF and think i might read it all first before watchign the movie this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

i watched original film first and liked it,id say 8/10, then i read the book and enjoyed that more,i dont think the film did a good job of showing the going ons in katniss head

so now im 4 chapters into CF and think i might read it all first before watchign the movie this time.

It's a difficult one! Normally people are let down by the film adaptations... it's inevitable. Maybe enjoy the film for what it is, and then enjoy the deeper level of the book, instead of sitting in the theatre thinking "They didn't include X, Y or Z".

I far preferred Catching Fire to The Hunger Games, it weaves a more complicated plot that THG. All of that won't be translated into the film, so I'm prepared to just enjoy the film for what it is.

I completely agree that they didn't do a good job at showing Katniss' thoughts! She came across as moody and cold (which is fine because she admits that in the book, but she builds her likablility through her honest thought processes) and I even heard some people comparing her to Kirsten Stewart in Twilight as I was leaving the film. ...It killed me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member

Definitely read the book first, you'll really experience the full force of the storytelling, with every twist and turn and understand what's going on with Katniss.
    And it's such a visual book It really does wet your appetite for the movie, it's really perfect for the big screen.

As long as you don't read it a week before the movie comes out, you should be okay :p.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for the replies guys,i will read the book i have decided

5 chapters in, i think they are building a more prominent love triangle this time and i cant see exactly where story is going as they wont be in the games this time so i am intrigued.
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to it, loved the book. I just hope they don't overly focus on the love triangle and it doesn't turn into a Twilight mk2 with the "Team Gale! Team Peeta!" bollocks, THG is so much above that.

Also very interested in the adaption of the 3rd film/s. When reading a review for Mockingjay someone said the film adaption would be like a "grainy , bleak European film" and I could see where they're coming from, hope I'm proved wrong though!

-MOCKINGJAY SPOILER-
    Although I don't like films tweaking with books too much, I really hope they tweak the ending of Mockingjay. It was probably the biggest anti-climax of any series I've ever read/seen. You can seriously tell it was rushed and it was a middle finger to the readers who went through the whole series
  • BrettBrett Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I hear right the last book will be 2 films
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brett wrote: »
    Did I hear right the last book will be 2 films

Yes, that's right. Mockingjay part 1 is due for release in Nov 14 and part 2 in Nov 15. :)
    Forum Member
    thanks for the replies guys,i will read the book i have decided

5 chapters in, i think they are building a more prominent love triangle this time and i cant see exactly where story is going as they wont be in the games this time so i am intrigued.

That's great news, hope you're enjoying it. A little tip though, steer clear of any trailers or promo material till you've finished the book.
    It looks like they might reveal some pretty important moments through the film's marketing.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree that they didn't do a good job at showing Katniss' thoughts! She came across as moody and cold (which is fine because she admits that in the book, but she builds her likablility through her honest thought processes) and I even heard some people comparing her to Kirsten Stewart in Twilight as I was leaving the film. ...It killed me.

Jennifer Lawrence is a far superior actor to Kristen Stewart. I really liked her as Katniss and am looking forward to the new film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Jennifer Lawrence is a far superior actor to Kristen Stewart. I really liked her as Katniss and am looking forward to the new film.

Agreed. But Katniss as a character is cold and emotion-less on the outside most of the time... much like Kristen Stewart! :p It's Katniss' inner thoughts that make her endearing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The trailer is a 10/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    The trailer is a 10/10.

That is generous
    Forum Member
    The trailer is amazing, I was wondering how they'd make a trailer without spoiling many non readers, but that was magnificent, they're really going heavy with the political unrest aspect of it.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant trailer. Looks like it's like Lionsgate and the writers are emphasising in the 'bigger picture' political aspect that was the better parts in the book series

Also the trailer didn't mention the
    Quarter Quell just alluded to it at the end, was worried it could fall into the trap of a rehash of the first film.

Hopefully with more time with the rebellion it will make Mockingjay better than the book.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant trailer. I like how they're pitching it as "This girl isn't a hero... she's just trying to save her own skin" instead of just showing her as a typical Hollywood hero! It's something I loved about the series; Katniss is strong and savvy, but stuck in a situation she didn't engineer.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good trailer. A naive viewer of the first film might think that she'd won, and that would be the end of it. The trailer explains why Capitol can't just leave it there - but without saying what they'll do about it.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer is just perfect i can't wait!!!

i saw hunger games before reading the book

i have read catching fire but will reread before filmjust so i can compare

now half way through Mockingjay
  • Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the hunger games,its one of my favourite films!

Cant wait for catching fire, the trailer looks great!
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Seen the trailer The Hunger Games : Catching Fire looks very good, enjoyed The Hunger Games movie and looking foward to the new one.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I thought Hunger Games was over rated as a movie was quite a dull thing to endure.

I've never read the books and don't plan too so it will be a case of waiting for the dvd/blueray.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not read the books but enjoyed the first film enough to watch this one. Im really hoping its out in the US in september as im thier on holliday then and would defo go and see the film 'early'