Options

Are you in favour of 3rd Party exclusives and timed exclusive content

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I'm more against the "Warner Brothers" syndrome, in which dlc is store exclusive, because that one I really don't get, because it means everyone is going to be missing out on some little stuff because they opted to buy it from store A instead of store B, C, D, E, etc. Only for them to release it all six months down the line, all that does is make everyone feel ripped off, sure it started small, but rumours with the upcoming Mortal Kombat X is that even some CHARACTERS will be store exclusive, that's just crazy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst store exclusive DLC i've ever seen was for Sonic: Lost World, if you pre-order with Amazon you got.............25 extra lives

In a game where getting game over means starting the level you where just on from the beginning Amazon where offering 25 extra lives, I bought it in grainger or game I think so Amazon never got a penny from me towards the offer but I think in future any exclusive content that is this stupid I'll purposefully avoid buying from them
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find all the different store exclusive bonuses puts me off buying on release. I get the idea of getting a bonus for preordering, but if different shops have different bonuses then I will end up missing out on something anyway so what's the point in rushing to order to get one of three different bonuses available between three different stores. I might as well miss out on all three rather than two of them and get the game cheaper at a later date.

The one game which really bugged me with these preorder bonuses was LA Noire, different shops / countries offered different DLC packages with preorders. Then when the game release with its 4 DLC packs they released a season pass which was priced at the same price as 3 DLC packages meaning everyone who didn't pick up a preorder bonus could buy all 4 packages for the same price as the person who preordered and got their free DLC bonus pack. That was when the amount of games I preorder started to rapidly decline. The last game I preordered was GTA5 which included a free Blimp my mate who went out and bought it day one from the shops also got this preorder bonus. Rockstar seem to really know how to f*** you over for preordering >:(