BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louisa Compton, VD's producer, is leaving 5live to join Radio 1. Let's hope the person replacing isn't so endlessly masochistic on its listeners
  • brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louisa Compton, VD's producer, is leaving 5live to join Radio 1. Let's hope the person replacing isn't so endlessly masochistic on its listeners

are job application open to be VD producer if i were to take over i would have a serious overhaul on her show and 1st thing is to scrap misery stories and depressing interviews as it makes people cry (one story was so depressing it made a person had to pull over on the side of the road as that person was too upset and crying to drive on)

then make her decide whether to stay in salford or just do show from london one or the other and make the 2hr show just news worthy discussion only

then bring back monday music review as that lift monday morning as well

then bring some happy news on fridays something to make less depressing at times
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try BBC i player .
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are job application open to be VD producer if i were to take over i would have a serious overhaul on her show and 1st thing is to scrap misery stories and depressing interviews as it makes people cry (one story was so depressing it made a person had to pull over on the side of the road as that person was too upset and crying to drive on)

then make her decide whether to stay in salford or just do show from london one or the other and make the 2hr show just news worthy discussion only

then bring some happy news on fridays something to make less depressing at times

Yeah, get your CV in ASAP mate, with that style of typing you can't fail to nail it.:D
  • swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    Try BBC i player .

he won't be able to find it unless you tweet it for him...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/webcam/videocam/

drive is on with nicky campbell and shelagh forgarty the original breakfast presenters better than peter allan and anna hahah foster

were is asma mir in all this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    listening to fogarty and campbell are legend on drive although nicky keep slipping up saying "good morning" or saying morning too many times keeps thinking its breakfast

i wish these 2 were on drive for permant as they are worth listening to they are better than allan and anna hahah foster
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he won't be able to find it unless you tweet it for him...

No way ! :o
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you should apply to be the producer. I'd like to hear Victoria Derbyshire's show after you started producing it. There has got to be a way to make that happen. I know, you could tweet @vicderbyshire and @bbc5live throughout the day tomorrow asking them to let you produce the show? start at about 10 tomorrow morning. Good luck.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I nearly choked when that guy said he was m**ged out. He came back on to say sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    friday is 20th anniversary of 5live cant wait to hear 5 live at 20 from 12 also will it be a documentary or a live thing also hoping for some birthday bash or celebration like live party in studio and such
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    friday is 20th anniversary of 5live cant wait to hear 5 live at 20 from 12 also will it be a documentary or a live thing also hoping for some birthday bash or celebration like live party in studio and such

It's recorded with clips of events over the 20 years.
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    I think you should apply to be the producer. I'd like to hear Victoria Derbyshire's show after you started producing it. There has got to be a way to make that happen. I know, you could tweet @vicderbyshire and @bbc5live throughout the day tomorrow asking them to let you produce the show? start at about 10 tomorrow morning. Good luck.

Failing that - get 'amorous' with influential BBC upper management

Apparently a tried and tested technique to get what you want , even without much talent :)
  • Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be more impressed with this self-congratulation rubbish if they had made there own way in the world instead of existing on a tax forced on the public to pay for it all,they would't have lasted two years in the commercial world.

I expect they will be giving each other medals on Friday for all their heroic "work" over the years, lucky for me I am out all day....>:(
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be more impressed with this self-congratulation rubbish if they had made there own way in the world instead of existing on a tax forced on the public to pay for it all,they would't have lasted two years in the commercial world.

I expect they will be giving each other medals on Friday for all their heroic "work" over the years, lucky for me I am out all day....>:(

In reality most people are aware that in these 20 years the standard of Five's output has deteriorated considerably. And if Peter Allen was honest he would hold his hand up and say it! This "celebration' is codswallop.
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange - the last 4 posts have appeared twice with some being seemingly posted several hours apart.
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/webcam/videocam/

drive is on with nicky campbell and shelagh forgarty the original breakfast presenters better than peter allan and anna hahah foster

were is asma mir in all this
    Who do you mean by "the original Breakfast presenters better than Peter Allan and Anna hahah Foster". Do you mean Nicky Campbell and Shelagh Fogerty? If you do they are not the original Breakfast presenters. Peter Allan was one of the original co-presenters with Jane Garvey also there at either the very start or quite soon afterwards.

I did point this out to you a few days ago.

As for Aasmah Mir she has left 5 Live, doing so in November 2012. Jane Garvey is only back at 5 Live for the 20th annivesrsary celebrations because hers was the first voice to be heard on 5 Live. No other former presenter has returned for the celebrations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie01 wrote: »
    Who do you mean by "the original Breakfast presenters better than Peter Allan and Anna hahah Foster". Do you mean Nicky Campbell and Shelagh Fogerty? If you do they are not the original Breakfast presenters. Peter Allan was one of the original co-presenters with Jane Garvey also there at either the very start or quite soon afterwards.

As for Aasmah Mir she has left 5 Live, doing so in November 2012. Jane Garvey is only back at 5 Live for the 20th annivesrsary celebrations because hers was the first voice to be heard on 5 Live. No other former presenter has returned for the celebrations.

Just as well original or earlier Five presenters are not onvolved in the celebrations as this wpuld highlight the decline - Eddie Mair, Worricker, Julian White, Simon Mayo, Paddy Caldwell. A boarder kindly posted a schedule recently.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie01 wrote: »

And thank God she has. She was bl**dy awful. Far too much joking around and laughing. One of the worst radio presenters out there.

It wouldn't surprise me if she were sacked. She was absolutely dreadful. I remember one news report she was reading out that was very very serious, and then less than 10 seconds later she burst out into manic laughing over something the other presenter - could have been Peter Allen - said. He wasn't joking. She was just on a constant manic high.

Utterly inappropriate and disrespectful. >:( I regularly complained to BBC Radio bosses about her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite her awful sounding non-radio voice I am warming to Rachel Burdon. The pre-Campbell is so much more relaxed than the presenter present after the ego arrives. I pity her. Still, I switch over at 0655 to Lbc so as not to endure Campbell and later Derbyshire.
    I enjoy Julia Hartley Brewer on Lbc who is interesting and unlike Derbyshire has an opinion rather than oohs, rights, and how does it make you feels to express.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [Despite her awful sounding non-radio voice I am warming to Rachel Burdon. The pre-Campbell is so much more relaxed than the presenter present after the ego arrives. I pity her. Still, I switch over at 0655 to Lbc so as not to endure Campbell and later Derbyshire.
    I enjoy Julia Hartley Brewer on Lbc who is interesting and unlike Derbyshire has an opinion rather than oohs, rights, and how does it make you feels to express.

I am too. :o:blush:

She's about 15 years younger than tedious ego-inflated Campbell, yet she often sounds the more mature.

I can hear her wince as she forces herself to laugh at his puerile 'jokes'.

Will that man ever grow up. 53, more like 13. And such a big-head. Never liked him.
  • James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear Helen doing the travel this morning

I used to enjoy her daily quiz question
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    All this 20 year anniversary stuff is just nonsense. Radio Five was doing fine before the rebranding to Five Live and any anniversaries should be from the start of Radio Five.

As for Nicky Campbell he was at his best when Shelagh Fogarty did the breakfast show. She has been the strongest co-host due to her ability to deflate his ego with a quick witty comment. Victoria Derbyshire learnt bad habits from him and has continued to show them since, no idea why she is still on the airwaves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwould wrote: »
    All this 20 year anniversary stuff is just nonsense. Radio Five was doing fine before the rebranding to Five Live and any anniversaries should be from the start of Radio Five.

As for Nicky Campbell he was at his best when Shelagh Fogarty did the breakfast show. She has been the strongest co-host due to her ability to deflate his ego with a quick witty comment. Victoria Derbyshire learnt bad habits from him and has continued to show them since, no idea why she is still on the airwaves.

I remember Campbell saying after returning from a long Christmas break, that he was glad to be 'back home'.

Home being the FiveLive studio.

What a silly man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear that the "Sack Moyes" banner is going to be lengthened to include Campbell, Derbyshire, Bacon and Nolan, and the plane will continue over Media City.
This discussion has been closed.