BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why those who are so offended by the supposed fidgeting of Richard Bacon are so determined to seek out the webcam images on a daily basis. I really don't.
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    p_c_u_k wrote: »
    I don't understand why those who are so offended by the supposed fidgeting of Richard Bacon are so determined to seek out the webcam images on a daily basis. I really don't.

Nor me however thats up to them then is it not?
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ever thought we might be viewing the cam to see the other studio activity, the guests, etc.
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Peter's doing a good job of presenting Sheilagh's programme today .Is he on Breakfast tomorrow ? I can't remember .
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    VD was back with the misery show this morning, what a pile of shite.
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    I think Peter's doing a good job of presenting Sheilagh's programme today .Is he on Breakfast tomorrow ? I can't remember .
    Yup, he's on air at 7am tomorrow morning. In return Nicky Campbell is co-hosting Drive.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    Ian F. if he spent less time, fidgeting, looking around him & taking his feet on & off the desk, he might actually concentrate long enough to listen to what guests are saying to him.

Also, because he's got the attention spam of a gnat,& really can't be bothered , I suspect he doesn't do his research for programmes properly !

Only one subject interests Richard "the ego has landed" Bacon and that is Richard Bacon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    redvers36 wrote: »
    Only one subject interests Richard "the ego has landed" Bacon and that is Richard Bacon!

Dreadful interview this afternoon with a lady from a pro life group. Apart from the fact that her line was very poor , Bacon simply wouldn't let her make her point and kept on interrupting her
  • brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie01 wrote: »
    Yup, he's on air at 7am tomorrow morning. In return Nicky Campbell is co-hosting Drive.

Allan is doing drive from 7am how the old man will cope with early morning shift will take it out of him he will need to sleep now and wake up around 2-3am for the early morning commute how the old man will cope is beyond me as his body clock is not used to that early morning i mean doing vic derbsyshire shift at 10am is ok but doing 7am shift god help him and his health he is not a young man anymore the old guy health is slowing down hope he can cope and not keep falling asleep or keep nodding off during the shift

he is also doing your call at 9am so a 3hr shift ealry morning good luck and hope his health doesnt affect him or nod off as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie01 wrote: »

Thanks Robbie, that's should be good , he'll be moaning about getting up so early ! but at least he should keep NC in check :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Dreadful interview this afternoon with a lady from a pro life group. Apart from the fact that her line was very poor , Bacon simply wouldn't let her make her point and kept on interrupting her

I heard that, appalling wasn't it ? !
  • Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VD was back with the misery show this morning, what a pile of shite.

Tuned in this morning and thought the station was off air such were the silences in an interview with the brother of one of the killers of Lee Rigby.

Why do they think we care of his opinion on anything ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is not it shocking that Lbc and not Five has got the Nigel Farage and Clegg debate? Mind you, the Beeb would have trouble finding a decent chair...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuned in this morning and thought the station was off air such were the silences in an interview with the brother of one of the killers of Lee Rigby.

Why do they think we care of his opinion on anything ?

Of course the BBC can hide behind its no Greedom of Information clause so as npt to disclose the reason for having him on; and how much he was paid to appear (or how much he paod to be on).
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allan is doing drive from 7am how the old man will cope with early morning shift will take it out of him he will need to sleep now and wake up around 2-3am for the early morning commute how the old man will cope is beyond me as his body clock is not used to that early morning i mean doing vic derbsyshire shift at 10am is ok but doing 7am shift god help him and his health he is not a young man anymore the old guy health is slowing down hope he can cope and not keep falling asleep or keep nodding off during the shift

he is also doing your call at 9am so a 3hr shift ealry morning good luck and hope his health doesnt affect him or nod off as well

You sure Allen is doing drive at 7am dear?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is not it shocking that Lbc and not Five has got the Nigel Farage and Clegg debate? Mind you, the Beeb would have trouble finding a decent chair...

Must be a bit of a shock for Farage not having to face the usual rigged audience of Question Time and the biased Dimblebore.
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rename the BBC the TBC Terrorist Broadcasting Corporation. This morning's interview comes not long after terrorists who appeared on the BBC were charged.
  • lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally speaking I think it's one of the strengths of the BBC that, as well as occasionally giving itself a kicking whenever it gets something wrong, its presenters are free to mention and discuss programmes on other stations. It shows a degree of integrity and confidence which I respect.

I accept you're not a fan of The X Factor but I would suggest you're letting your prejudice against this particular show cloud your judgment a little. The station discusses plenty of TV shows throughout the day and, whether you like it or not, the show has had a massive cultural impact on the nation - in terms of what we watch and listen to.

I'm not a fan of any of those karaoke shows that end up infecting the airways and despoiling the British music heritage we do have....it doesn't matter if it's that one or the BBC' s own they are both dross....and its a sad indictment that is what the modern charts consist of now......

I bought rage against the machine that year at Christmas especially to screw up the Cowell caravan of musical crimes.....
    (Was good to see young kids 16 to 20 ish with different tastes on the one show tonight grooving to northern soul) .....shows they aren't all drones produce good music they will buy it........

however I forgive them for promoting at least their own shows to keep the license fee rolling in.....to swell Simon Cowell s bank balance it's not necessary and as Ian says it's not news which is the point.....

No....I don't want endless dreary news and light items are fine but stick them away in Patterson prattlings instead.......I do know ITV do review BBC shows sometimes as well...it's not totally closed off mentioning competition...radio 4 announced this morning the Clegg farage debate would be on LBC which was a news item......the next x clone is.not.news
    Incidentally LBC got it because Clegg is on a phone in on there each week and that's when he issued his challenge....and Farage was on couple days later to street to it so that's why it went there first (though think Pt 2 since been arranged and BBC will get it next week) ....

To VD' s ridiculous interview I can't bite my tongue....

I heard the clip of terrorist/murderer' s brother too on BBC London.....how dare they give him air time unless it's a full grovelling apology or to publicly disown such scum and maybe explain why he turned out to be a cowardly lowlife there's no way that should have been broadcast.....
    the mother I recall did apologise and give sympathy to rigbys family after the trial at least and I believe did denounce her son....
  • brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Mills wrote: »
    You sure Allen is doing drive at 7am dear?

he is breakfast at 7am error sorry also bet he will regret doign breakfast with bruden when its all over too much for the old man
  • mmlabbdmmlabbd Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBC's is next Wednesday http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0401ht2 followed by coverage on 5live...
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be a bit of a shock for Farage not having to face the usual rigged audience of Question Time and the biased Dimblebore.
    Interesting! And how exactly does the BBC go about rigging the audience of QT? Do tell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    FrankBT wrote: »
    Interesting! And how exactly does the BBC go about rigging the audience of QT? Do tell.

I had a friend who was in the audience once. She had to fill in a form explaining her political views. They ensure that the views of the left and right are represented, though I suspect more left than right !

As for the guy above who seems to think Peter Allen is on his deathbed, he is only about 65 and probably has a flat next to the studio , so no problems with the commute. Thewre was a picture of Nicky Campbell's flat in the Telegraph yesterday , in the middle of Salford Quays .
  • radiotunerradiotuner Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I know many on here will disagree with me but.....I thought peter Allen and Rachel Burden this morning were excellent. I really really enjoyed it. Rachel seemed to have a renewed vigour and contributed far more than when The Ego is with her. I wondered if she feels dominated or intimidated by The Ego. Rachel was being cheeky with Peter Allen in a way she would never be with The Ego. I always think The Ego has this air about him that says "I am ready to josh with the best of them, but if you say something I don't like I really will kick off and may not speak to you for a long time. You need to know who is boss round here!" We have all worked with people who believe they are as funny as the next person and yet a) they are not and b) they don't take a joke about themselves.

Anyway, I just thought it was a great programme this morning, the chemistry between Peter and Rachel was really good and I really enjoyed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian F 2012 wrote: »
    His recent perambulations around the schedule that I have listened to thus far have demonstrated two things to me - he was better in their slots than the presenters he temporarily displaced, and none of them were as good in his as he is. I thought that Peter had grown a bit stale of late, but he is so much better than most of the others that I hope he does do another 20 years.

The move around also seemed to freshen up some of the other presenters, especially VD, and Peter seemed to get the best out of Rachel Burden, although to be fair so does anyone else who is not NC. It will be interesting to see how he gets on this evening on Drive!

And finally... it confirmed that Bacon is rubbish wherever you put him.

I agree with you, & apparently there's an interview with him on last night's Rhod Sharpe, saying how doing the different programme's has completely re energised him !
This discussion has been closed.