Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour | Channel 4 | 5pm

Comments

• Cass_VurtokCass_Vurtok Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Hi all :)

So as a huge fan of CT, I have to admit, I quite liked last night's show. I liked the tension that broke out between a couple of contestants (which was a bit reminiscent of Coach Trip) during the dress-making task.

I do agree that the program should be on for longer though, to give us a better picture of how stressed and annoyed the contestants who were downgraded to that dingy bunk were, and maybe show them kicking off (if they did!) Of course, that might happen in this evening's episode when we see the aftermath of the two contestants' night in the bunk (the morning after the night before!) and if they're in a bad mood over it (or not). I loved the look on Lois's face when she found out she was being downgraded to the bunk! She was horrified!!

I do however miss the voting aspect and the resulting arguments that made CT so unique, and really created tension among some contestants.

According to this article though:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/tvmagazine/4981791/Id-love-to-get-Catherine-Tate-on-my-coach.html
    Coach Trip is just being "rested", it hasn't been axed, and Brendan talks about the possibility of doing something special for the 10th anniversary of CT (which is fairly soon I think?), and his wish to have Catherine Tate and Victoria Wood on a future Celeb Coach Trip!
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they are going to Cancun, I might watch then as I'm going there in September :)
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The format does seem a bit pointless at this stage. Why not just do another Coach Trip?
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Bring back Coach Trip. This is a load of boring lovey dovey rubbish.

Whats the point?
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is getting better on here!!!

Looks like nobody is watching today!! :D Or watching and couldn't be bothered to comment :D
  • AmberPandaAmberPanda Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but no where as good as Coach Trip, wish they would not change things.
  • tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    This is getting better on here!!!

Looks like nobody is watching today!! :D Or watching and couldn't be bothered to comment :D

I've had to record it again tonight. Will post a comment later :)
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    Bring back Coach Trip. This is a load of boring lovey dovey rubbish.

Whats the point?

If they bring back CT they have to change the rules. The last series was a farce. The newbies never had a chance :mad:
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched tonight's at 6pm :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I missed it tonight. Was it any better tan it was last night.
  • tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting into it a bit now, mainly out of loyalty to old Brendan. Nothing much to poke fun at though :yawn: The contestants seem to be nice people but I can take them or leave them really. And no voting means no drama :(
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT HAVE C4 DONE!!!!

This is absolutely dreadful TV. Poor old Brendan looks so out of his comfort zone!

I literally watched ten minutes of this utter tripe before turning off.

There was nothing wrong with Coach Trip - why oh why could they have not continued with this instead of messing with the format and turning into some tacky gameshow.

This cannot last more than one series for sure!
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep.Poor mans Coach Trip:(
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched just to see Brendan but couldn't handle more than five minutes. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is only bloody programme 3 out of 20!!! :eek: :yawn: :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone tell me when they go to Mexico lol, so its on for 4 weeks??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone tell me when they go to Mexico lol, so its on for 4 weeks??

I would like to inform you that Cancum starts week commencing 8th July.

Next week is Jamaica.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I would like to inform you that Cancum starts week commencing 8th July.

Next week is Jamaica.

Good, don't need to watch till then.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abysmal TV. They'd be better of replacing it with a Coach Trip themed edition of Come Dine With Me and then 3 weeks of Four in a Bed
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's crap, bring back coach trip:)
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tushingham wrote: »
    I'm getting into it a bit now, mainly out of loyalty to old Brendan. Nothing much to poke fun at though :yawn: The contestants seem to be nice people but I can take them or leave them really. And no voting means no drama :(
    This.

Although the show only had my full attention for about half of it today. Well yesterday now.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    Reading through the posts seems that this has not got any better.

Poor Brendan as CT was such a hit :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Hiya

I watches coach trip and now watching this series. .I know its different but I quite like it :)
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all :)

So as a huge fan of CT, I have to admit, I quite liked last night's show. I liked the tension that broke out between a couple of contestants (which was a bit reminiscent of Coach Trip) during the dress-making task.

I do agree that the program should be on for longer though, to give us a better picture of how stressed and annoyed the contestants who were downgraded to that dingy bunk were, and maybe show them kicking off (if they did!) Of course, that might happen in this evening's episode when we see the aftermath of the two contestants' night in the bunk (the morning after the night before!) and if they're in a bad mood over it (or not). I loved the look on Lois's face when she found out she was being downgraded to the bunk! She was horrified!!

I do however miss the voting aspect and the resulting arguments that made CT so unique, and really created tension among some contestants.

According to this article though:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/tvmagazine/4981791/Id-love-to-get-Catherine-Tate-on-my-coach.html
    Coach Trip is just being "rested", it hasn't been axed, and Brendan talks about the possibility of doing something special for the 10th anniversary of CT (which is fairly soon I think?), and his wish to have Catherine Tate and Victoria Wood on a future Celeb Coach Trip!

They should get 'Nan' on it - 'What a load of old sh*t :L