✭✭✭
Kicks off tonight on CBS.
Can't wait, great storyline and stellar cast :D

Comments

• Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks brilliant matey. Will definitely be giving it a download. Some great new series starting this month. You got any faves? Im personally looking forward to the blacklist
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to give this one a go along with The Blacklist, but I'm leaning towards Hostages more of the two.

Seems Hostages is slightly more darker & dramatic in tone in comparison to The Blacklist, we'll see anyway.

Some decent viewing later this evening hopefully? :)

Looking forward to Mob City & Intelligence mainly in 2014!

Just got Hostages! :D
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    well this wasn't on my must watch list but thought I would give it a go and enjoyed it more than the other pilots so far:D
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed both Hostages and Blacklist, I think they were both pretty much as good as eachother
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good didnt see anything new that I hadnt seen in the trailer but is certainly gunna be my new monday night download.
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was much better than the Blacklist, watchable rather than a must see though and there are better shows on at the moment.
  • Options
    EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preferred the Blacklist pilot, but enjoyed this also.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EESuperFan wrote: »
    Preferred the Blacklist pilot, but enjoyed this also.

I preferred the Blacklist pilot too but both were interesting and are definitely on this season's watch list. What with Homeland and The Americans, conspiracy dramas seem to be the latest trend.

Just hope that both of them have a long term story in mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjyed episode 2. Starting to come into its own now.
  • Options
    Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite enjoying this so far. Although having watched "rival" shows One Tree Hill and The OC when I was younger, I found it a bit odd to watch the dad and his girlfriend together (she was a teenager on one and he was the dad of a teenager on the other) as I still think of them as their former characters!
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    For me it sucked. The teens are annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjyed episode 2. Starting to come into its own now.

Two episodes in and The Blackist still has the edge over this, mainly because of the cast. James Spader is a way better lead than Toni Collette and the rest of the supporting cast on Hostages aren't very interesting either.

It's going to get dull very quickly if the family are held hostage for a whole season. And then what happens in season 2? This may have worked as a film or mini-series but I can't see how they'll stretch it for the long run.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Two episodes in and The Blackist still has the edge over this, mainly because of the cast. James Spader is a way better lead than Toni Collette and the rest of the supporting cast on Hostages aren't very interesting either.

It's going to get dull very quickly if the family are held hostage for a whole season. And then what happens in season 2? This may have worked as a film or mini-series but I can't see how they'll stretch it for the long run.

I thought it was a mini series about 8 eps

This has the edge of Blacklist for me have already decided to drop it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    I thought it was a mini series about 8 eps

This has the edge of Blacklist for me have already decided to drop it

According to this Hostages is going to be a "15 episode event"

http://www.tv.com/shows/hostages/community/post/hey-tvcom-should-i-watch-hostages-137965277761/
  • Options
    vernallvernall Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »

UNLESS it is a huge hit and then we all know what will happen,season 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 etc etc etc
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    vernall wrote: »
    UNLESS it is a huge hit and then we all know what will happen,season 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 etc etc etc

But it is not a huge hit, or even a small one. The ratings are terrible and it will be fortunate to be allowed to run to 15 episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting a bit bored by it all. Much prefer the blacklist
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoyed me how she just had to stop and ring her husband at the end of the episode, her children were right there, surely you'd go to them first and then ring when your on the bus!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoyed me how she just had to stop and ring her husband at the end of the episode, her children were right there, surely you'd go to them first and then ring when your on the bus!

Yes, that did seem very silly.

I'm still not sure what to make of Hostages. I'm not keen on any of the cast and the plot is starting to get ridiculous. Blacklist is silly too but at least that is done more tongue in cheek and Spader raises the show to a different level.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was also unnecessary because the Husband was willing to be a self-sacrifice for the family to get away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else make it to the end?

I thought it was OK, a little confusing a times, but I was hoping that the ending would save it - but it didn't and it was a huge let down. Some people died, other people didn't - and that was it.
  • Options
    mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the beginning but it really did fizzle out in the end. And that is the end because I really don't believe there will be a second season. Am hoping to watch the Israeli version on BBC4 when that is out and will be interesting to compare the two.
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThE DOG LIVED!!!!1111
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThE DOG LIVED!!!!1111

But who let him free...?
  • Options