King of Queens

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have been recording this ..... It's on Ch 4 about 7.30 am weekday mornings.

It really makes me laugh. The other day he was fooling around at work and fired his staple gun into his testicles. It was so funny. :D

I don't enjoy American books but I love their comedy.

Comments

• molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree very funny but Everyone loves Raymond is my favourite, too funny for words most days.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    I agree very funny but Everyone loves Raymond is my favourite, too funny for words most days.

Oh yes, Everyone loves Raymond is one of my all time favourites! I still watch it in the morning on channel4.

Marie makes the show for me, though they're all great.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I've watched the whole thing and still watch it now and again if there is nothing else on. Love it.
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got Everybody Loves Raymond box set from the states about 8 years ago.
    Also have KOQ first 5 series of boxsets.
    Theyve been showing them all on CH4 and Comedy Central for donkeys now.
    ELR has been on C4 in the mornings for at least 8 years cause thats what made me get the box set in the first place after seeing 1 episode(the auction one)

Sadly Frank died in real life a few years back:(

Robert makes the show for me:D
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love King Of Queens too. Doug and Carrie are good but so are all the supporting characters.

I couldn't name a favourite but I re-watched the episode in which Doug attends a domestic violence group on Comedy Central a few weeks ago and found it very funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KOQ definitely got better when Arthur arrived plus Spence was on Modern Family last week(uk pace)
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    KOQ definitely got better when Arthur arrived plus Spence was on Modern Family last week(uk pace)

I saw Spence in Modern Family too.

Wasn't Arthur in KOQ from the first episode? He burnt his house down and so came to live with Doug and Carrie.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Arthur arrived? So that'll be from the pilot onwards then. :D

I agree, great sitcom, even the supporting characters. Well, maybe not Danny, he was just annoying. Shame they replaced Richie with him. Hollie was good and I loved how they cast Lou Ferigno as himself, with frequent Hulk references.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    When Arthur arrived? So that'll be from the pilot onwards then. :D

I agree, great sitcom, even the supporting characters. Well, maybe not Danny, he was just annoying. Shame they replaced Richie with him. Hollie was good and I loved how they cast Lou Ferigno as himself, with frequent Hulk references.

Was he in it from the start:blush::p(my brains scrambled:p)
    I remember Ritchie the friend early doors.Yeah Danny was a bit of knob really:D
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was he in it from the start:blush::p(my brains scrambled:p)
    I remember Ritchie the friend early doors.Yeah Danny was a bit of knob really:D
    Yeah, as IJIM said, the premise was that Arthur was becoming a danger to himself and others and burned his house down, so D & C reluctantly agreed he should live with them. Oddly enough, Carrie also had a sister in the very early eps, who, as she was living with Arthur, also had to move in with them. She was dropped after about two or three eps, literally never to be mentioned again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Yeah, as IJIM said, the premise was that Arthur was becoming a danger to himself and others and burned his house down, so D & C reluctantly agreed he should live with them. Oddly enough, Carrie also had a sister in the very early eps, who, as she was living with Arthur, also had to move in with them. She was dropped after about two or three eps, literally never to be mentioned again.

Because there were 9 seasons of each programme when you see random ones here and their you forget which seasons they were especially say from 4 or 5 onwards.
    See a couple of KOQ last week(one with Ray + Debra in) and when Deacons oldest was still tiny so they were first season.
  • One UnitedOne United Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show. I have the complete box set but still watch the episodes on Comedy Central if nothing else is on. Like most American sitcoms, I didn't enjoy the first season that much but it definitely got better as the seasons progressed. I liked all the characters except for Richie, with Arthur being my favourite. That guy is comedy gold.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy KoQ, but could never stand ELR.

I like that in KoQ, they slightly subvert the US Sitcom cliche of hot wife/slob by having Carrie be a bloody nightmare, and as flawed as Doug.

Jerry Stiller is awesome.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leah Remini is a strange looking woman. There's something about her that freaks me out
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of a whole gamut of US sit-coms featuring stand up comedians as the lead.
    That must piss-off real actors.

Let's see:

Seinfeld, obviously
    King Of Queens
    Everyone Loves Raymond
    Norm
    The Drew Carey Show
    Grace Under Fire
    Home Improvement

Must be more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    One of a whole gamut of US sit-coms featuring stand up comedians as the lead.
    That must piss-off real actors.

Let's see:

Seinfeld, obviously
    King Of Queens
    Everyone Loves Raymond
    Norm
    The Drew Carey Show
    Grace Under Fire
    Home Improvement

Must be more.

Drew Carey i watched of those youve put.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We also record Everybody Loves Raymond. I love his Mum and brother too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do enjoy King Of Queens but you can keep Everyone Loves Raymond, I've never found that show in the slightest bit funny although his missus is hot. :blush:

I'm normally at work so don't see KOQ very often but I did see the one where he was mucking about with the stapler and stapled his sack :D

come on! we've all used the big staple gun as though it was a real gun! :blush::D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I do enjoy King Of Queens but you can keep Everyone Loves Raymond, I've never found that show in the slightest bit funny although his missus is hot. :blush:

I'm normally at work so don't see KOQ very often but I did see the one where he was mucking about with the stapler and stapled his sack :D

come on! we've all used the big staple gun as though it was a real gun! :blush::D

Raymond is wet but his Mum is very funny and his brother gets some great lines.
  • patchcatpatchcat Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Everybody loves Raymond and Frasier have been running on a continuous loop on Ch4in the mornings for at least the last 11 years.. that was when my daughter was born and I used to watch them.
    I think I have seen every episode of both at least 5 times!
    I wish CH4 would put something different on in that time slot, there are plenty of other old comedies we could watch on a re-run.
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I don't enjoy American books but I love their comedy.
    Im the exact opposite. Haven't watched much of it but seems to be another blue collar comedy with some schlub married to a pin-up. Much like that other excrement they had floating around that timeslot According to Jim.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohglobbits wrote: »
    Im the exact opposite. Haven't watched much of it but seems to be another blue collar comedy with some schlub married to a pin-up. Much like that other excrement they had floating around that timeslot According to Jim.

It's definitely not that, although admittedly the first season was typical, generic fare. Unlike most American sitcom wives, Carrie was an unashamedly nasty piece of work (hilarious though) and Arthur became one of sitcom's finest characters. Stiller was brilliant. I preferred Danny to Ritchie (Ritchie was another stock character who had no place in what the show became) and the Danny/Spence "friendship" was hilarious. They didn't seem to know WHAT they were!