Blinging Up Baby - Channel 5 9pm

Comments

• JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a 4yr old spray tanned and painting a 9 month old baby's toe nails was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a long time. >:(
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,368
    Forum Member
    theid wrote: »
    Have none of these people given a thought to the fact that there are deranged people among us who would not be looking at these children in the same way they do? Sadly I suspect they are the same people who would fire-bomb a paediatrician's house!
    It has to do with awareness. I feel the same way about women who breast-feed their babies in public. A perfectly natural, beautiful thing - if you're a normal, well-balanced person. Unfortunately not every male who sees a woman breast-feeding is going to see it in this light.

Yes, they would become a screeching lynch mob if any paedophile so much as looked at their daughters.

Do these awful women ever have sons? Would they dress them up as girls if they did.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very funny docu-sitcom Channel 5, bit concerning in parts (hooters particularly), but it was clearly just a joke, right (?)

Not at all funny for the poor children though. A good old fashioned talking to from Social Services is definitely required for these uneducated mares. :(
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digicat wrote: »
    Firking hell, that Essex woman is so goddam THICK!!!!

Who the heck pierces a baby's ears and spray chemicals on them??

From watching Family Guy, most black Americans it seems.

People do it in this country as well, people from lower social classes and Irish Travellers mostly.

EDIT: Hispanics too apparently:
    And yet Rebecca’s own unofficial poll suggests that for African Americans, a child was ripe enough between the ages of four to six months; Hispanics believed right after birth; poor whites thought toddler age; while more affluent whites thought that the ages between seven and 10 were more appropriate for a child to have his/her ears pierced.

http://madamenoire.com/283808/how-much-does-race-play-into-the-question-of-whether-or-not-to-pierce-a-babys-ears/
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    There is something wrong about these little ones walking on a catwalk looking sexy...I'm sorry it's wrong and totally not normal!

But it's ok according to one mother as it's a ticket entry event so no pervs or peado's can get in to watch !!!!!!!
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,045
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Yes, they would become a screeching lynch mob if any paedophile so much as looked at their daughters.

Do these awful women ever have sons? Would they dress them up as girls if they did.

I think they would take the ad. featuring David Beckham in his underpants as their inspiration so it would be spray tan, tats, "treated" hair, earring(?) and knickers.

These women are so far beyond empty-headed it's scary.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All "mothers" (and I use the term very loosely) who appeared in this show should have their benefits withdrawn and be charged with child cruelty and exploitation >:(

The production company behind this should also be pulled up for actually wanting to promote such behaviour as well :o
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch this last night I was going to watch on catch up but this thread has changed my mind. I have a 2 year old girl and I love doing her hair in bunches etc but the stuff in this thread is :o She came home last week from my parents' house with painted nails which I promptly removed. Last week she was asking for make up when I was doing mine and I put a tiny bit of clear lipgloss on her. I cannot for the life of me imagine giving her a spray tan and dressing her in 'sexy' outfits. These people are sick. *Outrage alert* :blush:
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Why are all the blinged up babies butt ugly?

That princess at the start, her baby pics were the stuff of nightmares. I dare say she might have been ok looking but with all that crap on her it just exaggerated how ugly she was.

Surely adding sparkles to an ugly baby just highlights it and makes it look worse? That applies to the people that stick silly hairbands on bald babies. If they havent got hair they dont need a friggin hairband!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    malaikah wrote: »
    Essex accent doesn't lend itself to sounding smart and clued up does it :P

Nope.

Why would anyone want their children to look like mini adults? Surely there should be a law in place to stop stupid parents allowing their children to be spray tanned, have their nails done and anything else to make them look like tiny adults.

This is uncomfortable viewing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I didn't find it negative because the mothers obviously doted on their little daughters. However, I couldn't get over the girl wearing those large gold earrings and the hair piece was totally unnecessary because the little girl was pretty enough without it. Still if she likes wearing it then that's fine by me. :)
  • NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gold hoop earrings were what got me angry. It wouldn't take a lot for those to be caught while playing and ripped out.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moleskin wrote: »
    People do it in this country as well, people from lower social classes and Irish Travellers mostly.
    Plus Asians.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Having a 4yr old spray tanned and painting a 9 month old baby's toe nails was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a long time. >:(

Really? You must have missed the Children of Syria programme then.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    The gold hoop earrings were what got me angry. It wouldn't take a lot for those to be caught while playing and ripped out.

*shudders*

It should be illegal for parents to have their child's ears pierced before they are at least 12 and old enough to make their own decisions.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    The judges are really creepy:o
    You just can't think what on earth he ( I only saw one male judge) is doing at any of these 'events'
    It has got wrong written all over it !!
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is Hooters...I've never heard of it!
    A chain of strippers I think!

Not quite. Similarly tasteful though. It's a chain of restaurant/bars with pretty bad food, where the main appeal are the skimpily dressed, large chested waitresses. The owl themed name is a flimsy enough double entendre that it's basically a single entendre.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched this, but I have read the thread and seen pictures of the woman with Princess Bliss and whatever the other one was called and I think they are mentally ill and guilty of child abuse.

We have the likes of the Geldofs, Olivers and Ross families to thank for these utterly stupid names. What a trend they started.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    We have the likes of the Geldofs, Olivers and Ross families to thank for these utterly stupid names. What a trend they started.:o

Plus of course Katie Price :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    Plus of course Katie Price :(

Ah yes. I thought about her but couldn't remember her surname.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer for this was bad enough. To say its disturbing is an understatement. There should be something done to stop this. Same with these pageants. Someone has to help these children.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Why are all the blinged up babies butt ugly?

That princess at the start, her baby pics were the stuff of nightmares. I dare say she might have been ok looking but with all that crap on her it just exaggerated how ugly she was.

Surely adding sparkles to an ugly baby just highlights it and makes it look worse? That applies to the people that stick silly hairbands on bald babies. If they havent got hair they dont need a friggin hairband!

How mean to say about a little girl. :(

I thought Princess seemed happy to copy her mum and she still played and ran about etc at the party. I don't see the harm in that

The beauty pageant however was extremely disturbing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching this a day or 2 ago but gave up as I was horrified at what I was seeing. Having read the rest of this thread I decided to watch the remainder. The clip of the little girl doing that Hooters routine was disgraceful. The paedophiles would have loved it. The mother should be totally ashamed of herself.
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched this, but I have read the thread and seen pictures of the woman with Princess Bliss and whatever the other one was called and I think they are mentally ill and guilty of child abuse.

No she's just from Essex, the county that taste forgot, you should have seen her freaky-looking friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching this a day or 2 ago but gave up as I was horrified at what I was seeing. Having read the rest of this thread I decided to watch the remainder. The clip of the little girl doing that Hooters routine was disgraceful. The paedophiles would have loved it. The mother should be totally ashamed of herself.

I agree. It was awful.