Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    That ad was completely atrocious and I'm cringing just thinking about it.

Oh God, "my luvvly, luvvly muvver" :o
    Way to destroy belief in Santa :mad::(
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Windows 8 advert. Piss off Microsoft, I don't want that iPad crap on my PC! :mad:
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I can't stand the Fosters ads with those two Aussie blokes. They are about as funny as a hole in a life raft. I generally can't stand any advert that is trying to be funny and fails spectacularly.

I hate the new Go Compare ads with the "celebrities" more than I hated with original ads. I'd rather see the Go Compare man fire an RPG at Sue Barker to be honest.

Michael Parkinson selling death is also pretty annoying.

Thought that decrepit old mutt had died years ago :confused:
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Windows 8 advert. Piss off Microsoft, I don't want that iPad crap on my PC! :mad:

When Windows 7 was released you couldn't move for people taking credit for it. I notice for 8 not a single person has stepped forward... ;)
    Forum Member
    I'm fine with Windows 7 thanks :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An E4-specific ad - the Tool Academy one. "I'm just a tool..." I'm sure the song writer is one! :mad:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sick of seeing those coloured tiles on every advert that shows a laptop or tablet.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know now why most adverts use choir singers singing popular songs, because when the real thing is used it looks terribly bad aka the tesco adverts.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most annoying part of one the adverts with Kevin Bacon is when he says "I was in Apollo 13 with...Tom Hanks" and moves his eyes like he's trying to remember the actor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    best boy wrote: »
    Whaaat? The Michael Parkinson, as in 'Masterclass'? (Masterclass at conning money out of the vulnerable). How much money do these multi-millionaires need?
    The promo for this show has been stinking up the Sky airwaves for some time now. Opening line says it all
    "For some time now........" ie., I've pitched this to every TV controller and had it turned down until now.
    His first guest? Jamie bloody Cullum - Parky's pet singer.
    Real imaginative:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is being shown on Tyne Tees at the minute, just awful!
    http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=HrMiT_ZoUbg

Chico? Really?! And who the hell is that woman? I don't think I'd ever get tired of smacking her if she kept up with that voice :mad:
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    This is being shown on Tyne Tees at the minute, just awful!
    http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=HrMiT_ZoUbg

Chico? Really?! And who the hell is that woman? I don't think I'd ever get tired of smacking her if she kept up with that voice :mad:

Goodness!:eek: Fortunately, we don't have that in South Wales - Chico's irritating at the best best of times, you're right tho' that woman & her voice!:eek::mad:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand the Tesco Christmas adverts. Their music choice is just completely random. "I Predict a Riot" in a Christmas advert? WTF Tesco?
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Just be thankful you don't live in the Central region and have to put up with these two morons before every weather forecast on Central News.

http://youtu.be/n0RcQFHl8Dw
  • QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The John Lewis snowmen one makes me feel sad & I don't know why, I can't watch it - it's too upsetting.:confused:

I'd heard a lot about that ad before I saw it, several people had told me it was upsetting to them.

I watched it and thought it was dull. Would be much better if one of them melted.
    Forum Member
    I really don't understand the Tesco Christmas adverts. Their music choice is just completely random. "I Predict a Riot" in a Christmas advert? WTF Tesco?

I know, how is that (a riot at Xmas dinner) a good thing? :confused: Unless they mean "I PREDICT a Riot (But It Turns Out OK)" :confused::o
    Their music isnt even very Christmassy :o
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Health Lottery. "Oive whaaaaaan the ewf lo'ereee..." AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Oh God, "my luvvly, luvvly muvver" :o
    Way to destroy belief in Santa :mad::(

That was truly vile. That girl should have been locked in a cellar somewhere. "MOY MAAAAAAAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Common little brat.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The very.co.uk ad running in ad break during loose women - shows a stupid man trying and failing to wrap a stuffed seagull up as a present. :rolleyes:
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    iamsofired wrote: »
    The very.co.uk ad running in ad break during loose women - shows a stupid man trying and failing to wrap a stuffed seagull up as a present. :rolleyes:

I thought it was a statue of a seagull.

My nan even commented that it would look nice in the garden and keep birds away from the fish pond! :D she wouldnt appreciate the very girls interfering with her xmas gifts!
    Forum Member
    The Littlewoods ad was truly vile, full of chavvy sounding kids who were basically celebrating their mums buying expensive stuff (probably on HP) :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The Littlewoods ad was truly vile, full of chavvy sounding kids who were basically celebrating their mums buying expensive stuff (probably on HP) :rolleyes:

Agreed. Such a ridiculous ad! :mad:
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Just be thankful you don't live in the Central region and have to put up with these two morons before every weather forecast on Central News.

http://youtu.be/n0RcQFHl8Dw

I can see how that would be annoying! :eek:
    Forum Member
    I see Anthony Ogogo is back with Subway claiming its "Healthy"

The Louis Smith one (which I think is just plain chicken breast and salad) sounds healthier, but athletes can afford to eat subs every day or whatever it is, because they burn off so much. Us plebs dont, so the subs arent very healthy are they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DKNY - hate the advert AND the background song!
This discussion has been closed.