Helen Flanagan: 'I defo feel like I've committed social suicide lol'

'I defo feel like I've committed social suicide lol'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-a-celebrity-helen-flanagan-gets-1459132

Daft bint. :rolleyes:

Comments

• paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She flatters herself that people are really interested in her.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    She flatters herself that people are really interested in her.

They are interested in her on these forums, though. Have you seen all the threads?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I think she may have committed professional suicide though. A couple of Nuts shoots and a slow slide into obscurity beckons at this point.

Because what is she going to do? Without being deliberately unpleasant, she makes the likes of Kerry Katona and Stacey Solomon look quick witted in comparison.

I'm sure she's a harmless soul, but there's nothing going on there beyond some glamour work really.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl is off her head, she made herself look a complete tool. Her boyfriend must have been so embarrased watching that i can only think of the stick he gets of the players at City. Best thing you can do pal is dump her and fast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    The girl is off her head, she made herself look a complete tool. Her boyfriend must have been so embarrased watching that i can only think of the stick he gets of the players at City. Best thing you can do pal is dump her and fast.

Or not give a toss what anyone else thinks about her or their reationship.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody know why she didn't give the usual evictee's interview on This Morning today? Schofield mentioned that they didn't have an interview and said, 'the official line is that there is no official line'.:confused:

Maybe she's promised Nuts exclusivity? Although I can't see ITV allowing that.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People won't remember it in a few months.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Anybody know why she didn't give the usual evictee's interview on This Morning today? Schofield mentioned that they didn't have an interview and said, 'the official line is that there is no official line'.:confused:

Maybe she's promised Nuts exclusivity? Although I can't see ITV allowing that.

I dont know what her reason was but I do know that Bill Tarmeys funeral was happening at the same time.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »

Or perhaps he is not as bitter as a lot of this forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    I dont know what her reason was but I do know that Bill Tarmeys funeral was happening at the same time.

Oh yeah, good point, she'll have only just found out he'd passed away.

A lot of posters jumping to nasty conclusions on the other thread and it may be for such an honourable reason she gave the interview a miss.
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    riff wrote: »
    Oh yeah, good point, she'll have only just found out he'd passed away.

A lot of posters jumping to nasty conclusions on the other thread and it may be for such an honourable reason she gave the interview a miss.

On This Morning they said that there had been nothing from the press office. I would have thought if Bill Tarmey's funeral was the reason they would have stated that rather than leave everyone to draw their own conclusions.
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Farmer Ted wrote: »
    I think she may have committed professional suicide though. A couple of Nuts shoots and a slow slide into obscurity beckons at this point.

Because what is she going to do? Without being deliberately unpleasant, she makes the likes of Kerry Katona and Stacey Solomon look quick witted in comparison.

I'm sure she's a harmless soul, but there's nothing going on there beyond some glamour work really.

Oh come on. She's not been especially stupid. Just typically stupid, which is a shame... but the shame there is that it's fashionable. Hopefully she can drop that nonsense.

And she's quite nice. Not some stupid and repulsive cretin... which is also miserably fashionable. So she's ahead of the game in that department.

She hasn't committed any kind of "suicide" at all.
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    They are interested in her on these forums, though. Have you seen all the threads?

You're mistaking annoyance, incredulity, pity and loathing for interest.

I think most of those writing about her would be delighted if she just disappeared into obscurity and was never seen or heard of again after this.

The problem is that she won't, so people will have to reluctantly suffer through her pseudo-celebrity for years to come. Therefore it's only natural that people will express their frustration (not their interest) at that fact.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »

I think most of those writing about her would be delighted if she just disappeared into obscurity and was never seen or heard of again after this.

The problem is that she won't, so people will have to reluctantly suffer through her pseudo-celebrity for years to come. Therefore it's only natural that people will express their frustration (not their interest) at that fact.

TBH I don't think so she will be forgotten about in the next few weeks she will have one or two photo shoots maybe a newspaper interview (if she's lucky) and the next we hear of her will be when she returns to Corrie pretending she is really happy about it
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Or perhaps he is not as bitter as a lot of this forum.

What do fms on this forum have to be bitter about? The majority are expressing their dislike or exasperation in a reasonable manner. There will always be a few that post silly comments but I have seen no evidence of bitterness or, for that matter, jealousy. Now, if you were talking about the X-factor forum...that would be quite different as some of the stuff posted on that is quite horrendous.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »

It's more of a morbid interest, I suppose, when people have little else to think about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do fms on this forum have to be bitter about? The majority are expressing their dislike or exasperation in a reasonable manner. There will always be a few that post silly comments but I have seen no evidence of bitterness or, for that matter, jealousy. Now, if you were talking about the X-factor forum...that would be quite different as some of the stuff posted on that is quite horrendous.

I dont know what they have to be biiter about but imo some are. On the h/l's thread last night it was worse than pathetic imo.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't understand why people have got it in for Helen. She has her faults but she never came across as a nasty person. A bit dim and selfish maybe but not horrible. I was surprised she was voted out so early as like her or not she has provided more entertainment than most of the others.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Can't understand why people have got it in for Helen. She has her faults but she never came across as a nasty person. A bit dim and selfish maybe but not horrible. I was surprised she was voted out so early as like her or not she has provided more entertainment than most of the others.

I agree she's not a nasty person in fact if Harry Enfield brings back his old shows she could play Tim's sister
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

I agree, she's been the star of this series, hence why everyone is still talking about her - even those who claim to dislike her. I also agree than the animosity towards her on this forum has been bizarre. She's not a bad person so why talk about her as if she is?
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I agree, she's been the star of this series, hence why everyone is still talking about her - even those who claim to dislike her. I also agree than the animosity towards her on this forum has been bizarre. She's not a bad person so why talk about her as if she is?

I dont think people are saying she is a bad person. They are just saying what annoys them about her. Most agree that she is immature for her age and is obsessed with her looks which has been annoying but I cant recall any poster calling her a bad person.

Shes not my cup of tea. I would much rather have someone like Charlie or Ashley but thats my opinion and I am entitled to it.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    I agree she's not a nasty person in fact if Harry Enfield brings back his old shows she could play Tim's sister

This made me laugh a little bit, very good. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To the people saying her boyfriend is embarrassed by her or should dump her, they've been together over 3 years now so something as silly as a tv programme is not going to split them up. Besides, on his twitter he is sticking up for Helen and telling the people writing nasty things about her what he thinks of them.

Im sure her professional career will be fine too, she's a great actress and also very pretty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    I dont know what they have to be biiter about but imo some are. On the h/l's thread last night it was worse than pathetic imo.

so when you continually criticise Charlie and Joe Swash is that because you're bitter?

criticisms are opinions and not always the result of bitterness and jealousy just because the recipient is deamed to be "attractive" :)