Options

#UKStorm affecting travel into work

brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
The whole of scotland transport network and rail network has closed due to server storms the rail network has closed meaning i am unable to get to work should i phone in and say that all rail network has closed and i am unable to get in today

Comments

• Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ring in and ask them if they want you to ring in.
  • Options
    shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, just tell them you will be posting on Digital Spy all day and giving us updates on the weather.;)
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your in Scotland or the North East of England there's a likelihood your bosses and colleagues are in the same boat. Best ring and ask to take the day off or explain why you can't get in.

Sure they'll understand.
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole of scotland transport network and rail network has closed due to server storms the rail network has closed meaning i am unable to get to work should i phone in and say that all rail network has closed and i am unable to get in today

If you're unable to get to work, it doesn't seem unreasonable to tell your work that you're unable to get there. What's the alternative - just leave them to guess where you've got to?
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can't get into work due to the network being down, which most the country knows about. What do you think you should do? :confused:
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Is this twitter? :confused:
  • Options
    Sid LawSid Law Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Is this twitter? :confused:

The hashtag on the thread title, and the moronic nature of the question would seem to indicate that it is indeed twitter.

Most if not all employers expect (not unreasonably) for their employees to come to work - on time.

If for any reason thay can't get to work, the least they should do is struggle to the nearest phone box and call their employer to inform them. I know that going out to the phone box in this weather is likely to be unpleasant, but until someone invents a more modern way of communicating, there is unfortunately no alternative.

BTW, it's snowing in Dundee !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now snowing in Stirling - its working its way down the country !
  • Options
    davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blizzard conditions in Aberdeen.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭