Options

all is lost

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone seen this film?

Robert redford is incredible. Thw movie has almost no dialogue but hits you with the amazing scenes.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Is_Lost

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it. But Robert Redford wasn't amazing and anyone actor could of done the role. I have seen films where a particular character doesn't speak (e.g Holly hunter in The Piano, Jane Wyman in Johnny Belinda and Marlee Matlin in Children of a lesser god) and what was fantastic about these performances was the expressions on their face and the body language and they didn't need to talk, but Redford lack any of that in his performance. I've seen him in other films and never found him to be a good actor in those either. I didn't like or dislike or have an opinion on the character because of what a poor effort Redford did with the character. I was much more blown away by the water.
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dull as ****.
    Spending 90 minutes watching paint dry would have been more exciting than suffering Redford with a constipated look on his face throughout the tedious movie (although I gave up halfway through as it was so shit).
  • Options
    RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Went to see this at the end of last month & thought it was very decent indeed...I can definitely see why others have compared it with 'Gravity'.

Featuring a great performance from Redford, this is (IMO) well worth the price of admission & therefore gets a high 8/10 from me...
  • Options
    5panky5panky Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I thought it was good but not as great as some reviews have made out, I preferred Gravity tbh.

I liked how it didn't follow any Hollywood conventions, the situation just got worse and worse for Redfords character.

I also think if you have a bit of nautical experience you'll definitely like it more.