Options

Zoe doesn't deserve all the hate she gets

rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm honestly quite shocked at the reaction to Zoe on here , ok the Tesco comment was a bit cringey , but I think she really didn't mean it the way it came out , at worst she is a somewhat annoying showboat. She's never been shown to be nasty or bitchy, I think after years of musical theatre her jovial "let's do this!" Affect is just her personality , but she seems like a fairly harmless person , and at times quite sweet.

It reminds me of the hate towards Rachel in bb11 (who coincidentally was another pop idol contestant who entered the house late) who was at most annoying but was called all sorts of names on here

Comments

• Options
    vikesukvikesuk Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she does
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see much hate, more gentle ridicule:p, she's not in the Heken/Pauline/Toya league :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vikesuk wrote: »
    Yes she does

Why? What's she done that's honestly that bad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rorybb wrote: »
    Why? What's she done that's honestly that bad?

I was being flippant and playing with your thread title which is as over-dramatic as the Jazz-hands Princess is herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was being flippant and playing with your thread title which is as over-dramatic as the Jazz-hands Princess is herself.

Meh , I've seen people call her "vile" (favourite ds word) people saying she's a horrible bitch etc. so I would argue that it's not overdramatic , she's received a completely over the top negative response
  • Options
    bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh , I've seen people call her "vile" (favourite ds word) people saying she's a horrible bitch etc. so I would argue that it's not overdramatic , she's received a completely over the top negative response

Everything is in the nominations ........If she was up against Mark or Helen , she would be Princess Zoe..........darling of the forum ! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything is in the nominations ........If she was up against Mark or Helen , she would be Princess Zoe..........darling of the forum ! :cool:

Keep-up.......she is royalty just now - commonly known as the Jazz-hands Princess. Or Lady Tesco :p
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly quite shocked at the reaction to Zoe on here , ok the Tesco comment was a bit cringey , but I think she really didn't mean it the way it came out , at worst she is a somewhat annoying showboat. She's never been shown to be nasty or bitchy, I think after years of musical theatre her jovial "let's do this!" Affect is just her personality , but she seems like a fairly harmless person , and at times quite sweet.

It reminds me of the hate towards Rachel in bb11 (who coincidentally was another pop idol contestant who entered the house late) who was at most annoying but was called all sorts of names on here

None of them deserves to be hated. Hate is a horrible trait.

On the other hand she does not deserve to be liked.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    She got the best reception for a newbie going into the house, she also got loudly cheered at the last eviction due to her bubbly personna. However the longer she's been in the more annoying she's become.

It also doesn't help that she's up with a house favourite that despite a lapse this week, his fans will be loyal and still want to make every effort to save him. And finally, Pav is not anywhere near as annoying as she is and also deserves a chance to boost his confidence after getting a hard time by some of the hms.
  • Options
    alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just another example of female housemates being judged 1000000000 times more harshly than male housemates. If Zoe was male she wouldn't be getting this much of a backlash based on one daft comment, and if a female housemate who had been popular but had starting acting like Chris has, that housemate would definitely be evicted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    She got the best reception for a newbie going into the house, she also got loudly cheered at the last eviction due to her bubbly personna. However the longer she's been in the more annoying she's become.

It also doesn't help that she's up with a house favourite that despite a lapse this week, his fans will be loyal and still want to make every effort to save him. And finally, Pav is not anywhere near as annoying as she is and also deserves a chance to boost his confidence after getting a hard time by some of the hms.

Some of your analysis is good, some I disagree with.

Pav - the new downtrodden 'victim' who people will fight to save - SAFE

Chris - was falling-away anyway (sleeping with his DR enemy Helen). I'm meh about his poor performance this week.

Zoe - someone else pointed out that Harry Hill had said the other word for "bubbly" is "irritating" :D Add in her Tesco faux pas and I think we have our winner for BOTS appearance on Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienghost wrote: »
    It's just another example of female housemates being judged 1000000000 times more harshly than male housemates. If Zoe was male she wouldn't be getting this much of a backlash based on one daft comment, and if a female housemate who had been popular but had starting acting like Chris has, that housemate would definitely be evicted.

Rubbish - she's irritating, up her own bottom, not an interesting BB contestant. There is nothing gender here. She's not a likeable woman to me.

If Andrew Stone was in BB I'd feel much the same - keep your luvvie nonesense to CBB please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some of your analysis is good, some I disagree with.

Pav - the new downtrodden 'victim' who people will fight to save - SAFE

Chris - was falling-away anyway (sleeping with his DR enemy Helen). I'm meh about his poor performance this week.

Zoe - someone else pointed out that Harry Hill had said the other word for "bubbly" is "irritating" :D Add in her Tesco faux pas and I think we have our winner for BOTS appearance on Friday.

I guess the part that you disagree with is Pav. :)

I think he's had a bit of a rough time in the house, even though perhaps Pav himself is made of stronger stuff. So the victim status is more what some of us viewers are aligning to him than how he sees himself. He hasn't, after all, heard what's been said behind his back.

But I'm glad that you agree with some of it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    I guess the part that you disagree with is Pav. :)

I think he's had a bit of a rough time in the house, even though perhaps Pav himself is made of stronger stuff. So the victim status is more what some of us viewers are aligning to him than how he sees himself. He hasn't, after all, heard what's been said behind his back.

But I'm glad that you agree with some of it. :D

Hiya - I have no particular views on Pav except he has been unfairly treated so far. That should worry you.........I cannot support him except out of a Jale-type protection and he has no weeks left to shine now. That is kinda what I was trying to say.
  • Options
    alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I maintain that female housemates generally don't get away with as much as male ones do. Every year there's been a woman out first, and in most series, as with this one, it's been mainly women that have got evicted.

With Zoe specifically, which ever way you look at it she hasn't really had to do much to cause people to dislike her to this extent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hiya - I have no particular views on Pav except he has been unfairly treated so far. That should worry you.........I cannot support him except out of a Jale-type protection and he has no weeks left to shine now. That is kinda what I was trying to say.

Sorry but I don't see him like Jale at all. I like him from the small snippets I've seen of his personality. In fact, I like him more than most of the existing hms :)
  • Options
    Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she wasn't so far up her own @rse,she wouldn't be getting the flak..Never look down on the normal people that can get you where you want to be,because when you start doing that,you don't get very far.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the British build-'em-up-and-knock-'em-down mentality. She only had to make one mistake (which BB conveniently resurrected during her eviction week) for the jackals to start circling.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    It's the British build-'em-up-and-knock-'em-down mentality. She only had to make one mistake (which BB conveniently resurrected during her eviction week) for the jackals to start circling.

build em up, not exaclty, I'd never seen her built up, I'd never heard of her? :D
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree completely. She comes across as a very sweet girl. If anyone doesn't deserve hate, it's her.
  • Options
    Egg The GothEgg The Goth Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Too right. The hate aspect of the op is way ott.
    As for Jazz hands, she was introduced as the song and dance instructor for the HMs during the musical task section of the year.

Glee club coach your time has passed. Now please go and try to make a hill come alive somewhere other than in the BB house.
  • Options
    Jacs75Jacs75 Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I hate her or any of the housemates that is a bit harsh, but I do find her really irritating. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance and I think she has certainly crossed it in my opinion.
  • Options
    simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comments about Zoe have been completely unjustified, personal and nasty ok she may irritate some of you but just that make the hatred ok no !

They showed the comment again last night on bbbots after the task on the main show, unfortunately she didn't help herself by answering the question she really could of redeemed herself there by saying the comment wasnt meant by the way it could of come across by some people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe is an awful luvvie, Jazz-hands up her own bottom.

Feel free to disagree simon - you like her why?
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's so full if herself that I find her incredibly embarrassing. Never heard of her before BB & hope she dissappears off the radar.
    Her attempts at saying she was down to earth and humble just allowed us to see how highly she rates herself...ooohhh look at me Ms. Showbiz, being as successful as I am, I am ever so humble.>:( She's a giant sized pain in the bum who wears horrendous clothes and loves herself. Would love her to go on Fri.;-)