Nicole Scherzinger in Cats

COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,102
Forum Member
✭✭
Went to see her at the London Palladium last night & she was amazing & so talented especially when she Sang Memory & got the Standing Ovation that she deserved

Comments

• JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Went to see her at the London Palladium last night & she was amazing & so talented especially when she Sang Memory & got the Standing Ovation that she deserved

Shame really. I would class her far too high to appear in a show like that. She should be producing hit singles to the world not settling for a West End show in London.
  • georgetheaspiegeorgetheaspie Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Shame really. I would class her far too high to appear in a show like that. She should be producing hit singles to the world not settling for a West End show in London.

I don't see anything wrong with performing in the West End. The West End and Broadway are surely the cream of the crop as far as musical theatre is concerned. It's a big deal. It's not as though she's playing in some panto in a minor town! :P Plus, she's playing an established role - a role done by Elaine Paige and Betty Buckley, with a really impressive song. To round it off, the whole musical is based on a work by T.S. Eliot.

I think it's a good career move for her. She can show off her voice more with a song like 'Memory' than with dance/pop songs.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with performing in the West End. The West End and Broadway are surely the cream of the crop as far as musical theatre is concerned. It's a big deal. It's not as though she's playing in some panto in a minor town! :P Plus, she's playing an established role - a role done by Elaine Paige and Betty Buckley, with a really impressive song. To round it off, the whole musical is based on a work by T.S. Eliot.

I think it's a good career move for her. She can show off her voice more with a song like 'Memory' than with dance/pop songs.

Yeah that's good, just think she deserves a way bigger audience and more exposure than this.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am surprised at this mind set about West End London shows.

You have to be an outstanding singer and performer to even get through the door.

NS is better than cheap pop imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least she gets to showcase how talented a singer she is - none of her singles seem to do ber justice. We are going to see her in January :)
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    I am surprised at this mind set about West End London shows.

You have to be an outstanding singer and performer to even get through the door.

NS is better than cheap pop imo.

I have to agree. I'm sure NS is intelligent enough to know being in Cats is an honour - it's one of the most highly thought of shows ever in the WE and Broadway.

An old mate of mine was the lighting director years ago and I had the pleasure of seeing it (with original cast) and meeting all the singers/dancers afterwards. It was a real treat and I still have great memories (no pun intended) all these years later!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think a popstar appearing in the west end/broadway is the equivalent of a movie star appearing in a tv series.....basically it's the new thing to do and isn't looked down upon.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I think a popstar appearing in the west end/broadway is the equivalent of a movie star appearing in a tv series.....basically it's the new thing to do and isn't looked down upon.

Exactly. If you are a lead role in a West End show, you have to be a good act.
  • suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    +1 . Not many music artists will get that opportunity. She has got some amazing reviews from press.
    satellite wrote: »
    I have to agree. I'm sure NS is intelligent enough to know being in Cats is an honour - it's one of the most highly thought of shows ever in the WE and Broadway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member

Thanks for this one, she's crazy good. I like her more and more for every performance. I hope a version with better sound and maybe even a video comes out too soon :P
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Nicole's version sounds good, but a bit boring and shouty towards the end.
    For me, the best voice for this song is Lara Fabian. She nails all the notes, especially the low ones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bif5oBTKqus
    (ignore the duet partner, she's just a reality show contestant!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Nicole's version sounds good, but a bit boring and shouty towards the end.
    For me, the best voice for this song is Lara Fabian. She nails all the notes, especially the low ones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bif5oBTKqus
    (ignore the duet partner, she's just a reality show contestant!)

Meh, I think there's a difference between singing powerful and maintaining the tone in your voice - and screaming. Imo this isn't shouty in the end hehe :)
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many singers in the West End are better than anything you will ever see on X Factor. Like someone else here said, they only take the cream of the crop. It's an amazing opportunity if you can do it. Alexandra Burke played Whitney in The Bodyguard for 4 months this year and is due to soon start the UK tour of it. She was absolutely fantastic when I went to see her. Belting out Whitney's back catalogue every night is not easy, but she easily managed it and was incredible. I might go and see Nicole in Cats soon.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw her in December and was completely blown away - I had no idea she could sing like she does - what a voice!!

the entire theatre (and there wasnt an empty seat in the house) was captivated by her - you could hear a pin drop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw her a week or so ago and she was incredible. In fact, I am not one to get emotional, but she had me in tears... She is wasted doing pop music imo - at least she should do something to showcase her vocal talent more. Apparently Andrew Lloyd Webber is trying to get her to do Cats on Broadway now, and has said that she is the most exciting singer he has heard for a while - so if she does want to go the musical route, she's got the backing she needs! :)
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Late to this but I saw Nicole Scherzinger in Cats tonight in one of her last performances and she was literally out of this world, I knew she was an amazing singer but hearing her live was just mindblowing <3<3<3
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Yes agree with the posters above, she majorly impressed and gave me goosebumps and tears, wasted doing pop. she needs to keep doing musicals!
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with this. If you have a leading role in a West End production then you are doing well by anyone's standards.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I'm going to see it at the Palladium in April (I think), I didnt know Nicole S was in it :) Looking forward to it :)
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I'm going to see it at the Palladium in April (I think), I didnt know Nicole S was in it :) Looking forward to it :)

She did her last show on Saturday.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it last week, and you could sense everyone was excited to see her. She was amazing. Got a standing ovation, which I'm going to guess she probably got at every show!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Bluestone wrote: »
    She did her last show on Saturday.

I didnt realise that :( Oh well.
    I remember a ITV show (I think) when she sang Don't Cry for Me Argentina and she was amazing, just so good :o:)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I didnt realise that :( Oh well.

Kerry Ellis will probably be performing for you though, and she's grand herself :)