[Game] The Mix Factor 7: Launch Thread

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THE BOYS

So Pingu gets the category that won last series and the series before. Will he be able to shake off the inevitable comparisons to the series 6 boys category and come out on top? More importantly, will this winning category finally allow him to break into the top 2?
    Pete, you're up next. Let's see which category you'll be taking under your wing. You have:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    So happy with the boys!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THE OVER 25S

So the oldest member of the panel gets the oldest acts. Will this be a match made in heaven or will Pete struggle with this notoriously difficult category due to his break of a whopping 2 years?
    That leaves us with the two remaining categories as well as two mentors. Eddy, you will be mentoring:
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever gets the groups...I hope you have much better luck with them than I did. :(
    Forum Member
    I have no doubt about whether Pete will do well with the Overs. :D

Just looked at the Tournament game he was on....wow at some of his choices. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THE GIRLS

So still no boys or groups from him, sorry to disappoint you Steve. Eddy has mentored the girls once before, taking them to 2nd place on The X Factor 20's third series. Will he be able to get this category to the top spot despite the fact that he's the underdog judge on this panel?
    Which of course leaves Jakk with:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THE GROUPS

Ah, the groups. Always regarded as the hardest category to mentor, which is exactly why Jakk is perfect for them. They came in 6th place last series, and knowing Jakk he's bound to improve that record or die trying. Can he bring the groups back to their glory days of series 4 and 5?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess he was due to have the groups since he hasn't had them since Mix It Up Series 2. ;-)
    Forum Member
    Think Eddy is gunna do well with the girls. Let's see if you can vet better than third that I got with them last series.;-)

Snd ohhhh, Jakk is gunna do amazing with his category!!!!! :D
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Girls <3:D:D<3

I wanted this category, and I got it. I couldn't be happier. As Rick just noted, I brought Riley Brown to #2 the last time I worked with this category. One place higher… It's all I need :D:p
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Happy with the groups, hopefully I can do something quite unique and interesting with some difficult and interesting groups :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope some of the picks are ones I should've gone for when I had the chance. I made a lot of bad choices such as picking the wrong acts. :blush:
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone!

Thank you for the lovely introduction, Rick - not the first time I've been called a heavyweight, but usually for different reasons :D - and I'm thrilled with the overs!

Welcome also to Eddy, and I can't wait to mentor against Jakk and Solomon - I've heard lots of good things about both of you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to recap, we have:

EddyEagal and the girls

jackel1234
    and the groups

pingu58011 and the boys

cheekypeter
    and the over 25s

Now it's time for the next stage of the launch show. You know what, I'm going to come clean with the viewers here. The judges all received their categories in advance, giving them even more time to pick the perfect three acts for their respective categories. However, as not all of them have finished selecting their acts, I'm going to give the judges until 9 PM to wrap it up.

You all know the rules (they're on the first page in case you forgot) for picking acts, so I'd say post your initial three acts whenever you're ready, judges (provided it's before 9 PM ;-)). Once you've done so, I will post your wildcard options, out of which you must select one to mentor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and before Jackel even says it, you'll get his approval if you pick an Italian act. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    I hope some of the picks are ones I should've gone for when I had the chance. I made a lot of bad choices such as picking the wrong acts. :blush:

That may be so, but you did select some very interesting acts along the way. Let me tell you, it does feel a bit strange having you in the public rather than on the judging panel this time around.
    Forum Member
    So here are my boys:
    Madh (Italy) - So here is my amazing alternative RnB guy. This series I watched the Italian series and he was one of my favourites as he gave such unique performances. He won't be going with the generic RnB as he is quite quirky so we will be definitely doing the alternative side. He can also rap so we will be using that some weeks and are mixing it up every week. There isn't an act like him and I can't wait to start working with him. I went to third place with an Italian last time but this series, I am hoping to do even better than that and Madh is my best shot at that.
    Ergi Dini (Albania) - A lot of you out there will probably be thinking "what the hell?" at this moment. At first, I was like that. However, I will not be going down the heavy metal-full on rock route with this guy. He is such a versatile singer who can do all sorts of types of rock. I am going to do something different with him each week. Some indie rock for his main route but also some folk-rock. This gravel voiced man is going to shock you all I can guarantee. I really do think he will be the underdog of the series.....and we know everyone loves an underdog! Can't wait to get on with him as I have never been good with rock singers before so it will be interesting.
    Oscar Zia (Sweden)- Please welcome the Jeason Brad Lewis of Series 7. The moment I discovered this boy, I just knew that I wanted to choose him. I just love cheezy pop acts and that sort of indie pop and well, Oscar fits the bill perfectly. His voice is great and I really think he will bring the fun to the competition. I don't expect to win with him, even though it's possible, but I just know that he will entertain us all each and every week. I have never mentored an act like him, and he is a risk....but I love taking risks so welcome to #TeamPingu babbyyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A great selection of acts there, Pingu. I like how you've chosen to represent three different genres in your initial picks, saving me from having to force another one onto you.

However, all of your acts are from more obscure X Factor countries, and that's what I'll be aiming to fix with the following wildcard options:

Tom Batchelor [New Zealand]

Taylor Henderson [Australia]

Florian Giustiniani [France]

Please pick one to round out your category.
    Forum Member
    I have to be honest and say that this is an easy decision. Florian was my definite no. I thought it was just awful really. Tom was good but a bit meh for me and I already have a rock act in Ergi. That leaves the one and only Taylor Henderson. I absolutely loved him in his series and he has such a unique, folk style which will be really interesting. Yes, we have had a few boys with guitars recently but Taylor is completely different as he has a quirky voice. I feel and hope that he will go far in joining #TeamPingu AKA The winning team. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, Pingu. One down, three to go! Oh, and if you don't mind I will be referring to Madh by his actual name for the rest of the competition.

pingu58011 and the boys
    Ergi Dini
    Marco Cappai
    Oscar Zia
    Taylor Henderson

I suppose I'll post Jakk's acts for him in a bit as he will have a hard time managing that on his own via his phone.
    Forum Member
    Nah I'll copy and paste, was just giving it a bit of drama EoS, just give me a few minutes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing choices with the Boys, Pingu. I like Oscar's songs already. :D
    Forum Member
    Aw, Madh sounds better than his actual name. :(
    Forum Member
    For two series now this act has been placed as a wildcard and then been rejected by the other mentors in favour of other acts. Now though I finally get to mentor these two and I am so stoked to introduce my first act in the form of

I adore these two and I think there's a lot of things I can do with them ranging from acoustic folk all the way to pop and rock and I cannot wait to begin mentoring them.

Now my second act is me going back to a mixture of my youth and my modern day self combing the two genres I love in the form of indie rock and punk rock. They're also the very FIRST BAND on Mix Factor, coming all the way from Greece its

All these guys can sing and truly rock out and there's so much I can do with them and so much they can perform. They're something completely different to the norm on Mix Factor.
    Now for my final act I wanted something a bit fun, a bit cheesy and a bit of novelty. Last year I tried this and it worked well with my lad Jeason and this year I want to try it again so here all the way from my fave X Factor, Italy, its

not to be confused with nutella, yes these girls are a bit of fun, cheese and have some good vocals to back it up. I want to go down a very indie pop route with them and just make them the life and fun of the competition.
    Forum Member
    Amazing groups from Jakk. :D Alex&Sierra are just divine and I was actually gunna use Donatella if I got the groups!

And Pale Facez will be really interesting! ;-)