Russell Howard's Good News

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the voices.

Good News is one of my favourite comedy shows...I do miss the "creepy weirdo" clip though :D
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit miffed off with Good News.

It's still fun to watch, but it's getting a bit self-indulgent. Bringing your dog on? Bringing your friends on? What happened to professional integrity?

I wish he'd cut down on the bad voices too, they completely detract from what he's trying to say.

I do agree there. But hey, this is the UK......we're becoming more and more corrupt.

One thing bugging me....I know it's Euro 2012 and the Olympics but why all the "special editions". Surely the footie fans want something new and original to watch and have a laugh? Either run the series properly or don't.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,217
    Forum Member
    Bump for tonights show.

Let's keep it going while it's on air like threads for other shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to tonight's ep, it's a shame this series is almost over.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show :)
  • CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Oh great another repeat dressed up as a special.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLA29 wrote: »

And another clip show next week as well. Presumably the last in the series will be a clip show in 2 weeks so that's 8 new shows and 4 clip shows to pad out the series to 12.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLA29 wrote: »
    Bosox wrote: »
    And another clip show next week as well. Presumably the last in the series will be a clip show in 2 weeks so that's 8 new shows and 4 clip shows to pad out the series to 12.

Oh, great - "more specials" :yawn:

They're not even trying anymore. It's a shame, because IMO it's still a brilliant show.
  • bearbum72bearbum72 Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last ep.
    Another compilation thats 4 in a row
    2 of which were for all 6 series, got a bad feeling he aint coming back with this format. Dont forget he has been quoted as saying he wants to do more scetch based work.....sad sad day.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I used to like it, but I've gone off it

He just tries to hard to appeal to Facebook worshipping 14 year olds...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like the show, but 4 compilation shows out of a series of 12 episodes is shoddy work! I didn't even bother watching today's, the football was on. Perhaps I'll watch it later, perhaps not. I hope next series they put more effort in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said folks. Four clip shows is NOT a series. If Russell wanted to do eight, fair enough and leave it there. If he wanted to do 12, he should have committed to 12 episodes of NEW material. Not go Swanning around in Ukraine watching England when most of the population can not afford to, especially at the licence payers expense.

Should do better Russell....you're losing A LOT of fans.
    Forum Member
    Well said folks. Four clip shows is NOT a series. If Russell wanted to do eight, fair enough and leave it there. If he wanted to do 12, he should have committed to 12 episodes of NEW material. Not go Swanning around in Ukraine watching England when most of the population can not afford to, especially at the licence payers expense.

:confused::confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

We pay our TV Licence to keep the BBC running, so we're funding Russell's show.
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    We pay our TV Licence to keep the BBC running, so we're funding Russell's show.

oh, I thought you were saying that the license payer was paying for his trip
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not be surprised if the licence fee payers do fund trips for BBC staff, but that is another story.

The Good News team on Twitter seem to see the clip shows as new episodes! Mad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not be surprised if the licence fee payers do fund trips for BBC staff, but that is another story.

I sincerely hope not...
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, you mean like Fry Across America, Russell Brand's road trip, Three Men In A Boat, Planet Earth Live, Raymond Blanc's France and virtually every other "celebrity goes on a holiday while narrating the more interesting points and parts"? Keith Floyd basically spent a career drunk on holiday and occasionally cooking for 30 years. We all basically pay for middle aged people to go where they like at our expense under the pretense we'll gain something out of their adventures when most of the time it's basically sightseeing at the expense of the license fee.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am actually tired of paying for Julia Bradbury to make the most boring programs imaginable where she walks slowly while talking about the history of canals or some Celtic pathway across someone's farmland. A crap history lesson from someone basically being paid to tell the most boring stories in the most boring way possible as they plod along a country lane makes me wonder who thinks that amounts to decent evening entertainment.

I think realistically Russell Howard is rich enough and more importantly a huge talent in BBC's eyes that they are willing to let him bunk off during production of his own show and making clip shows to fill the gap. While it's not fair he can obviously live without the money whereas they can't do without the content. They know he attracts a solid audience at this point who will tune in either way because there is so little competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just attempted to watch it - comedians?! REALLY?! Let's be honest - the reason we watch the Russel Howard show is - shock horror - for Russell Howard! Hard to believe, isn't it? :rolleyes: If I wanted to watch nothing but stand-up for half an hour, I'd tune in to the Comedy Store!

Turned off. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of stand-up, but this is a joke. We put up with THREE compilation shows, this just too the p!ss.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

Interesting that he left MTW because of the recording clashes.
    It would seem that seeing though the last three shows have been compilations he would have been available for MTW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Interesting that he left MTW because of the recording clashes.
    It would seem that seeing though the last three shows have been compilations he would have been available for MTW.

The last four have been compilation shows. Out of a total of twelve episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me thinks someone is a skiver. Oh well....lets hope the next series he commits to a whole series. He will lose fans if he keeps this up.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me thinks someone is a skiver. Oh well....lets hope the next series he commits to a whole series. He will lose fans if he keeps this up.

No he won't. People that like him at this point have likely accepted his act for what it is if they continue to be entertained by it. Besides, they already have the Russell Kane on the same channel and he basically rips off Howard's act and Russell Brand's jewellery collection so they have a two for one deal with him on the books.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he won't. People that like him at this point have likely accepted his act for what it is if they continue to be entertained by it. Besides, they already have the Russell Kane on the same channel and he basically rips off Howard's act and Russell Brand's jewellery collection so they have a two for one deal with him on the books.

Now that you've mentioned it, I have always thought that Kane was like Howard and Brand fused together, like one of those "new" flavoured drinks they advertise...

"Do you like the humour of Russell Howard and the style of Russell Brand? With our new Russell Kane drink, you get the best of both!"
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,217
    Forum Member
    A few unseen bits they showed last night, especially Doc Brown's rap, which I wish they showed originally. It got around 200K viewers last night, a series low but I'm not surprised. Still think it'll come back for another series.