Name that film - from a 5 year olds description!

Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
Forum Member
My son had a movie day in school the other day and when we asked what the film was he said that he didn't know, they weren't told the name! I have tried to work it out from the description he has given but have had no luck so thought I'd try here! Its probably blindingly obvious but I just don't have a clue. He said the film had the following:

* Dinosaurs
* An animal who walks like a human - it may have been a cat
* The animal may have worn an eye patch
* The animal gets swallowed by the dinosaur
* It escapes by swinging on something in the mouth (tonsils?) and getting fired out of the mouth
* On the way out it breaks off a tooth which he uses as a sword
* The animal then uses the sword to break some wires.
* The wires may have been in a tree.

That's it! Any ideas? I am guessing we are looking at a 'U' certificate or a very mild 'PG' given the age.

By the way, it is not Puss in Boots!

Thanks

Comments

• St DabeocSt Dabeoc Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like The Good Dinosaur, apart from in nearly every detail you mentioned
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, to me.

Only because Buck (One eyed weasel who wears an eye patch) has a knife carved from Rudy's (Dinosaur) tooth.
  • Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Sounds like Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, to me.

Only because Buck (One eyed weasel who wears an eye patch) has a knife carved from Rudy's (Dinosaur) tooth.

Brilliant! Showed him a picture of Buck and he said he was the 'animal'! And this page - http://iceage.wikia.com/wiki/Buck - seems to show how good his descriptions!