Why I reject Islam but LOVE Muslims

Comments

• pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas is the only thing keep Christianity alive, if I were a devout Christian i'd be thanking my lucky stars it's still heavily supported in this day and age.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Pity it's already been invaded by the inevitable jokes and the "religious are weak minded why do we have this in very nearly 2014" path. :blush:

Well, they have a point, don't they.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    At least someone has actually stated they want Christmas banned at least. I thought the whole idea was a myth.

Has the post in which someone said they wanted Christmas to be banned been pruned because I can't see it?
  • ishinaishina Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I intend to say here is that Jesus and Islam are 100% incompatible and can never agree, so take your pick.
    None of the above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I don't love Muslims, i don't hate them either. I judge people individually. I've met some lovely people who are Muslims, I've also heard about some total twonks. Neither speaks for the whole religion and neither should be taken as the only type. I think the ones who are happy to take from the country but preach about us being 'evil' are deluded and dangerous and if they attempt criminal action should be treated as such.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Well, they have a point, don't they.

Right so because I believe in God I'm weak minded? Okay then. Have it your way. I'm a Christian because I'm weak but I'm sticking with my faith. "I am weak but He is strong" I believe the saying goes.

Maybe we are all weak. Is that not why we need God?

Stick with it fellow Christians. Embrace your weakness. :D
  • takeruk2001takeruk2001 Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I'll be brutally honest here, tl:dr
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus. You may call me a Christian, but the Bible says that many who believe (ie "Christians") will be rejected by God, because their faith was not sincere. And there are many Christians who do not have a sincere faith. Therefore I prefer to call myself a disciple of Jesus.

My view of Islam is twofold: on one hand, I completely reject the Islamic religion. But on the other hand, I LOVE Muslims, and I feel I have a lot in common with them.

What I reject
    I reject Islam because it is a blatant contradiction of the New Testament and the teachings of the Lord Jesus. You cannot believe in both Jesus and the Qur'an. Pick one. Seriously. And pick carefully! One thing is for certain: Christians and Muslims will not be together in heaven. Both the New Testament and Qur'an are quite clear about that! Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except through me." and I think we all know how strongly the Qur'an opposes Christianity.

Islam completely denies that Jesus was God incarnate, but Jesus told us himself many times and in many different ways that He was God incarnate. The New Testament also teaches that Jesus died on the cross to take the penalty for the sins of all sinners (like me) who repent to God and believe in the Lord Jesus. And that he was buried, and as foretold by the Hebrew Bible, he rose again on the third day, on the day of Firstfruits, to become the first human being ever to be resurrected, so that all who believe in him will also be resurrected when Jesus returns to earth. But the core of the "New Testament" is the New Covenant (which was foretold in the Hebrew Bible). The new covenant is completely different to a religion, but it is based on receiving the Holy Spirit, who is God living inside the believer, who gives us spiritual gifts and understanding and transforms us, taking away our sin, so that we are made righteous not by observing a religion but by God changing us from the inside. And this is all completely denied by Islam.

What I love
    But though I utterly reject Islam, I LOVE Muslims. I am serious about that, I love them. I love their faithful attitude, their respect for their god, their obedience, and their incredibly faithful religious observance. I genuinely wish we had more of that in the Christian Church. (Not religion, or Islam, but rather, faith and dedication to God.) Because right now in the UK our church is dead. God, my Father, has abandoned the UK and given it over to evil. We are condemned. Even many church leaders have fallen away from believing biblical truth and teach false teachings, not preaching the Good News of the death and resurrection of Jesus, but human teachings.

When my Father gives this nation over to Islam (which I think is inevitable) it will surely be a good thing, if it brings people to their senses, if under that oppressive force of Islam, perhaps a few will come to faith in Jesus, though they may die for their faith. But better for a few to find life in adversity than the whole nation to be lost in ungodly "western values".

I find so much more to like about Muslims who believe the Hebrew Bible, respect their god, and embrace many godly values. I long for them to come to see the Way, the Truth and the Life, whose name is Jesus Christ. I long for all people to know him, but sadly most will reject him. But there is more hope for the Muslims, who at least have the sense to acknowledge that there is a creator and we are accountable to Him. I feel like I have something in common with Muslims. But with the rest of the world, I have pretty much nothing in common.

Good riddance to Christmas

I know a lot of Christians like Christmas, but for me it will be good riddance when there is no more Christmas in the UK; a horrible, blasphemous commercial celebration of indulgence ostensibly in the name of the Lord Jesus, while in truth people's hearts could not be farther from the Lord Jesus. As it is now, we are a dark, godless nation lost without hope. Our "hopes" are set on false things such as presents, money and the false god "Santa" (a personification of Satan). But there is only one who gives true peace, as I have received myself, and his name is Jesus.

I don't write this to be contentious or to begin arguments. I have no interest in arguing with anyone. I believe what I believe, and you believe what you believe. I likely will not be coming back to discuss this because people always argue, and I have NO interest in arguments.

What I intend to say here is that Jesus and Islam are 100% incompatible and can never agree, so take your pick. And I also want to appeal to Muslims, if you are going to reject Jesus' claims, then read what he said. (Recommend reading the Gospel of John, or you can even watch it here) and then you can reject him on solid grounds, rather than dismissing him out of hand.

I also want to say that God has personally revealed to me that the Bible ends with Revelation and there is no more holy scripture yet written. You are free to call me a madman if you wish.

Love,
    Dizzy :)

Oh my brother, testify.
  • year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    God i wish i could type like that
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    To people who think I am preachy. Yes, I am preachy. A lot of atheists are also very preachy and I respect their right to preach their views here. No disrespect is intended towards those with different views to me. However, if a person isn't allowed to believe something is absolutely true, and say so, then that's a sad world.
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Grand Dizzy serious question. You say you love Muslims but you also believe your God condemns them to hell.

So why worship a God whose love is not as understanding and kind as your own?
    That is an excellent question! :)

Why do I worship a God who is not as "kind and understanding" as me?

Well first of all, quick note: God is not "understanding". He is absolutely righteous and always does what is right. He will never ever turn a blind eye to sin, and punishes every single sin that has ever been done. Not one sin will ever be let off and go unpunished. God cannot "waive" the punishment because he is perfectly righteous and therefore demands justice.

Yet as for God not being as "kind" as me—oh no! God is far more kind that I could ever be. I don't have his level of compassion, the compassion that led him to take such punishment for my sin. So he is more kind than me. Yes, I love Muslims, but is my love great enough that I would take all their punishments on myself? Umm… probably not, no. And would I do that for really evil people, people who definitely did not deserve it? No, probably not.

Therefore, I were in God's position, I would likely send every single person to hell, starting with myself. I wouldn't be "loving" enough to take their punishment on myself. What man could ever do that? Only one. Because were it not for Jesus taking the punishment for my sins, I would not "deserve" to live forever. God has shown me how wicked I have been in his eyes, and I think everyone has but they just don't realise it. If anyone reading this thinks they are pure and good without any wickedness in their hearts, then good for them. But I doubt it.

So yes, if I were God then I would send myself to hell. But what I lack is God's amazing and mysterious compassion.

I think it's important to say that I make a huge distinction between God and humans. God is the high, almighty creator of the universe, our judge, the only one who has the authority to condemn a person. That is why I have no right to take a life, but he does, because he gave us all life in the first place so has every right to end what he first made.
    Christianity and Islam have more in common than the OP seems to believe.
    Well maybe I wasn't clear but I was kind of saying that we have a lot in common. I think a lot of Muslims would make better Christians than a lot of Christians, since they seem to have more interest in reading their holy book and pleasing God. (Hence my appeal to them.)
    Personally, I reject organised religion but I believe in God.
    This is how I feel. I am not part of any organisation, my only head is Jesus Christ. Nor do I have any religious practises. I just try to please God, not under any "rules", only following God's good advice for life.
    sootysoo wrote: »
    http://p.twimg.com/A1hgDyGCQAAdt4J.jpg:large

Which is just the first post whittled down to the actual point you were trying to make I believe...:D
    LOL! That is so funny :D Perhaps it was a mistake posting this here, I might just print that out and put it outside my church! LOL!
    Mesostim wrote: »
    At least someone has actually stated they want Christmas banned at least. I thought the whole idea was a myth.
    I think it's probably a myth that Muslims want it banned. But my point was that when the UK becomes a Muslim country, Christmas will not be "banned" it will simply disappear, which is one good thing in my mind at least.
    Don't you mean anagram?
    Well I just think the anagram might be a hint. But from my point of view, I feel Santa is quite a satanic figure. Other Christians certainly will disagree. Each to their own opinion.
    Nice thread. Pity it's already been invaded by the inevitable jokes and the "religious are weak minded why do we have this in very nearly 2014" path. :blush:
    God bless you and thank you. :)
    Right so because I believe in God I'm weak minded? Okay then. Have it your way. I'm a Christian because I'm weak but I'm sticking with my faith. "I am weak but He is strong" I believe the saying goes.
    Inevitably, people will call us idiots. They're fully entitled to think that. I am happy for 1,000 people to think of me as an idiot if just one person goes away and finds the Truth from something I said.
    pugamo wrote: »
    Christmas is the only thing keep Christianity alive, if I were a devout Christian i'd be thanking my lucky stars it's still heavily supported in this day and age.
    Very fair point, and I think one that most Christians would share.

But I think God wants quality, not quantity. Not a million people who say "Oh yeah, sure I believe in Jesus, now where's my cake and presents!", but rather I personally think God is more interested in people who have a real interest in knowing him. And I think Muslims have a much more sincere interest in pursuing God than most "westeners" which is why I love them.

Though to be fair, I do love everyone.
    ishina wrote: »
    None of the above.
    LOL, yes, sorry, I wasn't trying to exclude atheists (or other faiths). Atheism is pretty much the dominant force in this country now so I didn't feel I had to mention that option. Whatever atheists will call me, I love them sincerely, and this wasn't really aimed at them. But I find much more in common with Muslims because they love their god. And I love my god, Yahweh, the God of the Jews (who has little in common with Allah in terms of personality).
    I judge people individually.
    Sure, yes, me too. I just meant Muslims and Christians as people in general.

I am frankly ashamed of the modern Christian church. I don't think Christians are very faithful in their hearts. In contrast, I am honestly in awe of the dedication Muslims have. Their faith really takes some doing. It's kind of a generalisation, but a fair one. When it comes to Islam they don't do things by halves. You're either a full-on fundamentalist Muslim or you're not a Muslim. They take their faith seriously.

We Christians on the other hand are just having a laugh. The declaration Jesus makes to his people, in a nutshell, is something along the lines of: "I love you. I want you to be mine, now you are still evil in my sight, but I've done all the work for you on the cross, there's no rules or religion, just follow me and I will change you and lead you into life." And the typical "Christian" reaction to this amazing offer is: "So what's the very least I have to do? If there are no rules then how much sin can I get away with? If there are no rules then I'll just carry on with the same old life and ignore the one who saved me." At best, that response is very sad.

I mean no disrespect to anyone by this, just trying to be honest and also humble about my own faith, and give credit where it's due to Muslims. I have real sympathy for them and pray for them and I think their dedication and faithfulness would be an amazing thing if their focus was turned towards Jesus who, by his own claim, was the God of Abraham here with us on earth. Jesus said, "Before Abraham was born: I AM" ("I AM" in Hebrew being "Yahweh", the name of God).
    Forum Member
    I'm still laughing at this:
    sootysoo wrote: »
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely post Dizzy, good to see you still around.

I have to apologise for some of our forum members. To coin a phrase: "they know not what they do". I feel like your post 5 or 10 years ago would have resulted in some interesting debate and discussion between any and all. I don't know why but it seems these days the twitterati generation seem to think a funky crazy cool gif is an answer to everything.

I think there is a lot in common between Christians and Muslims. The two closest friendships my family had with other families happened to be Christian. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but we hit it off well with them and stay in touch even 15years after living next door to one another.

I do think organised religion does have somethings to provide but that faith on a personal level relaying parts of a religion is where we are able to find tangible levels that we share in common.

In terms of what you were saying Jesus is considered to be a high level prophet (his name is Isu in Arabic). So there itself there is a contradiction and yet a level of clear recognition. I do think that in itself allows differences to be felt between religions. I try to look at it as a reason to recognise a connection.

I don't feel strongly about Christianity in a bad way. I feel the right to practise it to be equal to the right to practise no religion or to practise Islam. I don't feel it's my place to say who is right or wrong. I feel there's only one who can: God/Allah.

The real challenge is to be thick-skinned and withstand the one-way attacks for those who have no argument other than "OI! U BELEIVE IN FAEIRES". If you can do that, then you are going to be fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Well I just think the anagram might be a hint. But from my point of view, I feel Santa is quite a satanic figure. Other Christians certainly will disagree. Each to their own opinion.

That's interesting. Why do you feel that way?

I should say that I'm roughly 90% atheist :D The other 10% still wants to believe that there's a real spiritual element to the world. Sometimes I want to surrender to that 10%, because I feel life would be a little richer and I'd gain a measure of contentment. There's plenty of stuff in the natural world that blows my mind and fills me with awe and wonder, though, so that often leads me to push spirituality to one side.
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Lovely post Dizzy, good to see you still around.
    How kind, thank you for this lovely post 2+2=5. (That's a tough name to mention in passing.)
    I have to apologise for some of our forum members. To coin a phrase: "they know not what they do".
    Thank you, but it makes no difference to me. God has made me very strong and the days when I was interested in human popularity are long gone. I don't want to be liked by people because people are fickle and judgemental and their opinion doesn't matter to me. I only want to please God.

I fully expect to be mocked and I actually thought the language would have been worse and the attacks more scathing (we shall see) but I suppose this place is moderated. In many countries, Christians are killed for what we believe, so I have it pretty easy living in the UK (for the time being). If I complained about being insulted and ridiculed for my faith, that would dishonour those who lose their lives all the time overseas.
    I feel like your post 5 or 10 years ago would have resulted in some interesting debate and discussion between any and all.
    But then again 5 years ago I was such a different person. I change all the time. God is transforming me year upon year. He gave me peace, and the power to overcome my sins, and I am so happy with the changes!
    In terms of what you were saying Jesus is considered to be a high level prophet (his name is Isu in Arabic). So there itself there is a contradiction and yet a level of clear recognition. I do think that in itself allows differences to be felt between religions. I try to look at it as a reason to recognise a connection.
    I love Muslims but I have no interest in finding common ground with Islam. The two faiths are totally incompatible and mutually exclusive. That is to say, neither Christian nor Muslim can ever acknowledge each others' faith as true.

The New Testament can't be both the holy and true Word of God, and also full of lies. It is either true, given by God, or it is false. Each person must reach their own conclusion. As for me, Jesus himself told me personally that he is the way to life, which saved a bit of time. But most people would not believe me if I told them about such miracles, so I wouldn't dishonour God by sharing them here. But I can tell you there are miracles going on in the church even today.
    I don't feel strongly about Christianity in a bad way. I feel the right to practise it to be equal to the right to practise no religion or to practise Islam. I don't feel it's my place to say who is right or wrong. I feel there's only one who can: God/Allah.
    Your respect is to be commended. I likewise respect all people to worship how they chose, though I still believe 100% that they are misled and I can't compromise on my beliefs. But with a few unfortunate exceptions, Christians aren't going to retaliate, fight, or oppress other people's religions. We turn the other cheek. We submit. If our boss is horrible to us, we still do our very best to serve him. That is the Christian way. :)
    Forum Member
    That's interesting. Why do you feel that way?
    Well, very hard to sum up quickly, but several main reasons why I feel Santa is "satanic". As briefly as possible, Christmas is deeply rooted in pagan origins and closely associated with ungodly practises. Christmas is all about materialism and indulgence, pleasure and self-satisfaction. This is the ugly side of Christmas, and all of this is kind of summed up to me in one figurehead: Santa. But also, being a Christian I am very wary of false gods, false idols. Now obviously no one really believes in Santa, but the whole attitude people have towards Santa, I find similar to idol worship. He is a replacement to Jesus at Christmas. A rival to God. And God is a jealous God who will not tolerate rivals. And people getting their children to believe in him kind of blurs the lines of what is real and what is not real. If Santa turns out to be false, maybe God is too. Who knows?

This might all sound very far-out, but this is my own view of Santa. I just don't like him, primarily based on my love for the true God, to which Santa represents a kind of imposter-like figure.

Don't get me wrong, I am not here to condemn Santa and I'm sure Christians are perfectly fine doing their "Christmas" thing if that's what they enjoy. This is just a personal feeling I have. Christians believe Satan is the ruler of this world, and it would not surprise me if he found perverse pleasure in getting people to "worship" a close anagram of his name each year in the annual festival of self-indulgence. I also find the image of Santa somewhat sinister, but that is probably just me.
    There's plenty of stuff in the natural world that blows my mind and fills me with awe and wonder, though, so that often leads me to push spirituality to one side.
    You should be blown away by the natural world. It is the work of a most excellent and almighty creator. A work that testifies to both his existence and his beauty and his awe and almightiness. Sadly not many people these days can see the night sky in its full glory, but this to me speaks of God.

The Bible says:
    "What can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened"
    I should say that I'm roughly 90% atheist :D The other 10% still wants to believe that there's a real spiritual element to the world. Sometimes I want to surrender to that 10%, because I feel life would be a little richer and I'd gain a measure of contentment.
    Soupy, for the sake of your 10%, I would ask you to sit down somewhere quietly and pray to Jesus and just spend a few minutes asking him if he exists and talking to him, saying what's on your heart, and tell him all about this 90%—10% thing. Tell him everything in complete sincerity. Now if he is not there, if you get no answer, then so be it. But I don't think Jesus will ignore anyone who calls out to him sincerely. Though many will "test" him insincerely. I found Jesus through a single prayer, and, over time, through faith, and reading what he said, he has given me great peace.
  • McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would ask you to sit down somewhere quietly and pray to Jesus and just spend a few minutes asking him if he exists and talking to him, saying what's on your heart, and tell him all about this 90%—10% thing. Tell him everything in complete sincerity. Now if he is not there, if you get no answer, then so be it. But I don't think Jesus will ignore anyone who calls out to him sincerely. Though many will "test" him insincerely. I found Jesus through a single prayer, and, over time, through faith, he has given me great peace.

> > > JESUS SAYS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Soupy, for the sake of your 10%, I would ask you to sit down somewhere quietly and pray to Jesus and just spend a few minutes asking him if he exists and talking to him, saying what's on your heart, and tell him all about this 90%—10% thing. Tell him everything in complete sincerity. Now if he is not there, if you get no answer, then so be it. But I don't think Jesus will ignore anyone who calls out to him sincerely. Though many will "test" him insincerely. I found Jesus through a single prayer, and, over time, through faith, and reading what he said, he has given me great peace.

I'm very tired and unable to respond fully to your entire post, but before I crash out I just wanted to respond to this part. I've been quite ill for several years now. Also during that time my father grew seriously ill. In desperation I prayed, to whoever might be out there. All I can say is, if there is anyone out there, he wasn't listening to me.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesus wasnt a christian. nor did he celebrate christmas. but was he a preacher , eh ?
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    jesus wasnt a christian. nor did he celebrate christmas. but was he a preacher , eh ?

he had a thing for parables,
    which at least are a mildly entertaining version of bollocks
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Maybe we are all weak. Is that not why we need God?

Stick with it fellow Christians. Embrace your weakness. :D

I don't think religion has a place in modern day society. It's an outdated and redundant concept. That's my opinion. But feel free to worship an invisible man that is supposed to be all powerful, but allows the human race to make a complete cock up of our presence on planet Earth. Some God there then. Not to mention all the wars that have taken place historically in the name of religion.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, very hard to sum up quickly, but several main reasons why I feel Santa is "satanic". As briefly as possible, Christmas is deeply rooted in pagan origins and closely associated with ungodly practises. Christmas is all about materialism and indulgence, pleasure and self-satisfaction. This is the ugly side of Christmas, and all of this is kind of summed up to me in one figurehead: Santa. But also, being a Christian I am very wary of false gods, false idols. Now obviously no one really believes in Santa, but the whole attitude people have towards Santa, I find similar to idol worship. He is a replacement to Jesus at Christmas. A rival to God. And God is a jealous God who will not tolerate rivals. And people getting their children to believe in him kind of blurs the lines of what is real and what is not real. If Santa turns out to be false, maybe God is too. Who knows?

This might all sound very far-out, but this is my own view of Santa. I just don't like him, primarily based on my love for the true God, to which Santa represents a kind of imposter-like figure.

Don't get me wrong, I am not here to condemn Santa and I'm sure Christians are perfectly fine doing their "Christmas" thing if that's what they enjoy. This is just a personal feeling I have. Christians believe Satan is the ruler of this world, and it would not surprise me if he found perverse pleasure in getting people to "worship" a close anagram of his name each year in the annual festival of self-indulgence. I also find the image of Santa somewhat sinister, but that is probably just me.

You should be blown away by the natural world. It is the work of a most excellent and almighty creator. A work that testifies to both his existence and his beauty and his awe and almightiness. Sadly not many people these days can see the night sky in its full glory, but this to me speaks of God.

The Bible says:

Surely it is only in the English language where Satan and Santa are similar words. So your argument is worthless. Anyway, neither exist so who gives a fork if they are similar word?
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    I don't think religion has a place in modern day society. It's an outdated and redundant concept. That's my opinion. But feel free to worship an invisible man that is supposed to be all powerful, but allows the human race to make a complete cock up of our presence on planet Earth. Some God there then. Not to mention all the wars that have taken place historically in the name of religion.

To believe in God means belief of Judgment Day. Humans are given free will and "humans cocking up" will get their comeuppance on this day.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christianity and Islam have more in common than the OP seems to believe.

Personally, I reject organised religion but I believe in God.

Despite being atheist, people who have a belief in God but reject organised religion are more inteligent than most and the world would be a better place with more of them and fewer Christians, Jews and Muslims.

People who follow organised religion ( cults ) and believe God will punish people for not following one particular religion are a danger to freedom and inteligence.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Surely it is only in the English language where Satan and Santa are similar words. So your argument is worthless. Anyway, neither exist so who gives a fork if they are similar word?

Yep. I was going to point out that.
    Santa is just a foreign (Spanish?) word for Saint. The fact it has the same letters as the English 'Satan' is totally irrelevant.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Santa Claus is the personification of Satan? What next.... My dog is the personification of God. It's been explained where the word Santa comes from already so I'll not bother repeating it.

But isn't it lovely that 2+2 apologised to the OP because some of us find that silly? Socked it to us he did!