Pixie Crying

Comments

• StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this. I don't usually like rumbas but I thought that dance was beautiful and I don't find it hard to believe Pixie got swept up in the emotion of the performance – just as I didn't think Sunetra was a fake when she was moved to tears a couple of weeks back. But then I guess Sunetra is more popular on this forum than Pixie is.

It was less the 'tears ' and more the sitting on the bed afterwards. It reminded me of being a teenager when at parties there was always that needy girl who didn't think she was getting enough attention so went and cried in one of the bedrooms so people had to go and see what she was upset about.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned Trent is married to another dancer Gordana, she was in the studio yesterday sat next to Robin for the live show.

Pixie herself is going out with male model Oliver Chesire, I'm not aware of them splitting, but regardless of whether they have or haven't, I suspect it was just a combination of the song and dance (and maybe yes acting perspective) that resulted in the tears. Sometimes people have been naturally emotional after dances in the past, maybe if being non sceptical Pixie was as well, who knows.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    As mentioned Trent is married to another dancer Gordana, she was in the studio yesterday sat next to Robin for the live show.

Pixie herself is going out with male model Oliver Chesire, I'm not aware of them splitting, but regardless of whether they have or haven't, I suspect it was just a combination of the song and dance (and maybe yes acting perspective) that resulted in the tears. Sometimes people have been naturally emotional after dances in the past, maybe if being non sceptical Pixie was as well, who knows.

Hmm..

"Call me picky, but,"

I'd accept the "emotion" bit, if it were the first time she'd performed that dance.
    But how many times would she have performed exactly the same dance in training and probably twice earlier in the day at rehearsals?

"Carefully rehearsed spontaneous emotion?"

It's all "show business" innit?
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm..

"Call me picky, but,"

I'd accept the "emotion" bit, if it were the first time she'd performed that dance.
    But how many times would she have performed exactly the same dance in training and probably twice earlier in the day at rehearsals?

"Carefully rehearsed spontaneous emotion?"

It's all "show business" innit?

Well I'd accept you point that she's danced it again and again, so maybe the idea that a raw emotion can come on the live show with the costume, the lighting, the live audience and the pressure of performing on the night might not wash, but then again, with the costume, the lighting, the live audience and the pressure of the night, maybe it does. Who really knows.

Frankie mentioned that for her Paso the character came to her on the night, so maybe on the day when it really counts, things are differnet. As I said, who knows. I don't know Pixie well enough to know if she's naturally that emotional or even if she's a good enoguh actor to force tears. I just don't know.
  • yenstonyenston Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were no actual tears or even moist eyes. It was just (bad) acting.

I thought the same. I think she misjudged it, not helped by clueless Tess who thought she was crying because she'd gone wrong and wasn't happy with the dance. Then the judges comments just compounded that so it seemed like she was upset because the dance had gone badly. I think Pixie thought she'd done really well, the tears would add a dramatic moment and everyone would be touched by the emotion of it all. It backfired badly!
  • halfnelson2709halfnelson2709 Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    I had a feeling there was something going on between Pixie and Trent - is he married or in a relationship? There were a few loving looks between them.
    I definitely caught a vibe between Trent and pixie and said to my friend that something is going on between them or there is at least a bit of attraction. It's weird as before last night I didn't see any attraction between the two. V strange. And I'm prepared to view the tears as natural rather than be cynical about it
  • David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who has ever performed live in front of an audience knows that there is a world of difference between that and a rehearsal.
  • vickkijvickkij Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    yenston wrote: »
    I thought the same. I think she misjudged it, not helped by clueless Tess who thought she was crying because she'd gone wrong and wasn't happy with the dance. Then the judges comments just compounded that so it seemed like she was upset because the dance had gone badly. I think Pixie thought she'd done really well, the tears would add a dramatic moment and everyone would be touched by the emotion of it all. It backfired badly!

I agree, I said last night and as someone already mentioned on this thread they seemed to dry up when she realised she wasn't going to get a perfect moment.
  • anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who has ever performed live in front of an audience knows that there is a world of difference between that and a rehearsal.
    ^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^^^
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm as big a cynic as anyone on here, but I thought it looked genuine. I don't mean genuine in the sense of being really upset, it was more about being caught up in the emotion of the dance.
    She is actually a half-decent actress, she had good reviews for a medium-sized part in a George Gently episode. Perhaps she was practicing a bit of "method acting" ? :)

Aside from that, I thought it was one of the best Rumbas I've seen from a celebrity. It was both sexy and classy, a difficult combination to achieve as Bruno pointed out. Most seem to think they have to perform like a ****, even a few of the proffesionals. :o
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a photo of her and Trent. Thought it was just a bit of drama no tears she squeezed them out. I suspect to garner votes as she's obviously not getting many

I didn't buy into the apparent tears either, I think it was forced I get the feeling she thought she was better than she actually was, maybe she thought it worked for Zoe;-) (sorry cant remember her own name, Brendans partner) but she was actually good!! I was a tad embarrassed for Pixie as the judges obviously didn't rate the performance as much as she did.
  • Mr McGoldrickMr McGoldrick Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was crying after Scots routine as well.
  • *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^^^^This^^^^^^
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's too much of an air-head to be that devious.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member

I tune out the VT's - so cannot remember what was in hers.
    Did she suddenly realise she had not had a cute child in her VT so thought some tears might help get votes ??
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    If the tears were false then she fooled me. :blush: When she first started crying I was very cynical but, in the Clauditorium she looked as if she wanted to be anywhere but there so I gave her the benefit of the doubt.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    Or perhaps the emotional impact of the number just got to her. These things do happen and it is very easy for onlookers to be cynical.

Agree it may have been the emotional impact that got to her :)

Looked genuine to me that she was trying hard to hold back her tears.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trent was very serious while they were standing at the judges' bench. He's usually very smiley but he was very straight faced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    If the tears were false then she fooled me. :blush: When she first started crying I was very cynical but, in the Clauditorium she looked as if she wanted to be anywhere but there so I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

I think she may have wanted to be "anywhere but there" because she had realized that she hadn't quite knocked it out of the park as she thought!! I was slightly embarrassed for her!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

100% agree!!
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or perhaps the emotional impact of the number just got to her. These things do happen and it is very easy for onlookers to be cynical.

Every year a contestant is singled out for being a "ringer" and then people are very unpleasant about that. Usually a woman. Natalie had it last year, and people even said she was faking it when she collapsed. Yes, that's how nasty people are. Funny how if it was someone like Jake tearing up, no one would accuse him of faking.

Pixie is a great dancer and seems like a sweet girl but people have decided to hate her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the "conspiracy" angle ? She'd performed well, the judges remarks were ok even if they they weren't completely overwhelmed, and her marks were fine. If her tears were false, what was the motive ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHO mentioned anything about any conspiracy!! All I saw was a, to the untrained eye, very nice performance, I was struck by the, IMO, fake tears, MY impression was she thought the performance was much better than it actually was!! She seems nice, has performed well so far, I hope she dosent start believing all her own hype though!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHO mentioned anything about any conspiracy!! All I saw was a, to the untrained eye, very nice performance, I was struck by the, IMO, fake tears, MY impression was she thought the performance was much better than it actually was!! She seems nice, has performed well so far, I hope she dosent start believing all her own hype though!!

Perhaps I should have said ulterior motive rather than conspiracy. Whatever, I still don't see why she would have faked it, she started the crying before the judges had said a word.
    I just put it down to an emotional reaction to the dance, perhaps she had been trying to get into the groove for that kind of dramatical performance and found it hard to shake off ? We've seen it before from various celebrities, but it usually hasn't lasted as long.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,576
    Forum Member
    I thought it was part of the act/dance but they were out of sync with the music by the end and just didn't admit it was part of the dance/act. Maybe the cying wasn't supposed to be part of it per se but walking over and sittign down was but was out of sync.