Options

Women wearing vests.

Comments

• Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    I'm sitting here wearing a vest. Now I'm going to grow my pits out and get some tats. Might as well go the whole hog and grow some bingo wings as well, just to piss the OP off.
    I wouldn't be pissed off, but don't let that put you off!
  • Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sitting here wearing a vest. Now I'm going to grow my pits out and get some tats. Might as well go the whole hog and grow some bingo wings as well, just to piss the OP off.

Next thing you'll be telling us your nips aren't level! :eek:
  • Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breadstix wrote: »
    Next thing you'll be telling us your nips aren't level! :eek:

When I wear a vest, I always make sure that my nips are level........ with my navel! :D
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Indoors, maybe.

In public? Not so much.

So you DO care :p
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like vests on women whether they are large or not. What I don't like is if they don't wash or shave their armpits especially in the summer.

I dont wear vests but I do now wear sleeveless tops I dont shave under my arms ( because I cant) but I do shower twice a day.

Even when I was small I would not wear sleeveless tops in the summer because I worried I was fat and people would judge me.

Now its 30 years later and this year I have worn sleeveless clothes without a long cardy to cover up as I have always done before.

Im am hugely overweight now because of illness, and for the first time in my life im not giving a fcuk what anyone thinks and this has turned out as a eye opener for me.
    No one but me ( and seems a few ds members) actually did give a fcuk

So any ladies reading this who are to scared to go out in the summer without being covered right up.. Do it and dont give a flying fig. xx
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why must someone always turn it round?

Start your own thread on men in vests!

Because the men who start these threads need to be reminded that they are disgusting unattractive pigs.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be pissed off, but don't let that put you off!

No, but according to your OP you would think it looked 'cheap and horrid'. Or did you just mean all vests on all women?
  • Options
    Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    98% of women need to realise that short cropped sleeves look like sh** on their fat flabby corn beef arms. if you want to wear them lift some weights and get some definition...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed anyone gives a sh*t...

Considering the delicate sensibilities of many people here, are you really?

Sometimes posting here, I feel as if I am getting a lecture on 1950's etiquette :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I'd guess that they are dressing for the temperature rather than you libido - but hey ho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Because the men who start these threads need to be reminded that they are disgusting unattractive pigs.

Could I jyst make it clear as the person who started this thread that I am in fact female! It's easy to check my profile you know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but according to your OP you would think it looked 'cheap and horrid'. Or did you just mean all vests on all women?

Most vests on most women, I never realised folk would get so heated over an item of clothing! In future I won't mention my dislike of ugg boots, velour tracksuits or that 'half way down the bum' look some men wear their trousers like!
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most vests on most women, I never realised folk would get so heated over an item of clothing! In future I won't mention my dislike of ugg boots, velour tracksuits or that 'half way down the bum' look some men wear their trousers like!

I don't understand why any woman would be arsed about what other women wear (unless you are planning to go out with your friends and you don't want feel odd if wearing a completely different outfit).

If a woman looks good in an outfit then great, if not what's it got to do with me?
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could I jyst make it clear as the person who started this thread that I am in fact female! It's easy to check my profile you know.

What I really want to know is can you carry off the vest look? I bet you can... :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trphil wrote: »
    What I really want to know is can you carry off the vest look? I bet you can... :cool:

Sadly the most ironic thing is yes, I can! I spent a few years working in a racing yard and have very toned, strong arms and I'm a size 8, I never thought my own, personal dislike of an item of clothing would upset so many folk, it must touch a nerve with some people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    I don't understand why any woman would be arsed about what other women wear (unless you are planning to go out with your friends and you don't want feel odd if wearing a completely different outfit).

If a woman looks good in an outfit then great, if not what's it got to do with me?

I guess it's a girl thing, that's why so many women's magazines do items on fashion.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's a phenomenon but I can't see why you're arsed.

Articles on fashion are to help you decide what you may like. Some mags are bitchy and criticise women's appearance which may be why many buy them but can you say why you care?
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    It depends what type of vests they are. There are some really nice ones out there but there are also some really horrible ones.

I have lots of vests but none of the ones I wear as outer wear are strappy for instance (I wear those under jumpers in the winter). Most have a lace panel at the back and lace trims round the neckline and arms. I wear them with floaty skirts or my shorts. It looks so much better than sticking a t-shirt on with a floaty skirt and I really hate wearing t-shirts in the summer.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    String vests with nipples poking through would look nice.
  • Options
    tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Men wearing string vests is absolutely terrifying :eek:

OP, are you saying that larger ladies, or lets say, ladies without perfect bodies should die of heatstroke rather than wear cooling vests. Well, that's just plain silly.

Nobody has a perfect body, male or female. There's always something that’s going to offend someone.

Folks should be able to wear whatever they can to keep cool, (within the law,) without being judged :).
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    It never did Charlie Dimmock any harm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tim_smith wrote: »
    Men wearing string vests is absolutely terrifying :eek:

OP, are you saying that larger ladies, or lets say, ladies without perfect bodies should die of heatstroke rather than wear cooling vests. Well, that's just plain silly.

Nobody has a perfect body, male or female. There's always something that’s going to offend someone.

Folks should be able to wear whatever they can to keep cool, (within the law,) without being judged :).

Can I remind you of your first sentence ;)
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    String vests with nipples poking through would look nice.

Candy Davis in The Comic Strip Presents "Five Go Mad On Mescalin".

There are beach scenes with her in just that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Candy Davis in The Comic Strip Presents "Five Go Mad On Mescalin".

There are beach scenes with her in just that.

Crikes I didn't notice that at the time, I must have been pissed or something!

I'll take a look for a cheap dvd :D
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    So you DO care :p

To not go nude in public?

Don't think work would be too keen.