Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one has a problem with him loving his kids.

I assumed you did love yours. As I assume, unless shown otherwise, that most people love their kids.

He does not need to tell the world all the time that he loves his kids - it is taken as a given unless behaviour or words prove otherwise.

Love is not the issue. Telling them he loves them is not the issue. Telling us he loves them as if that is a special thing to do that only the sensitive Pa has ever thought of, that is the problem.

It makes his love for his children just another commodity. Another selling point. Cheapens it for a marg tub lid.

So it is actually telling the world and his kids that he loves them :confused::confused: I would say it only cheapens it, if you choose to twist it that way
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    So will you be going on the Pricey thread and knocking her for referring to her children as her * little bear * her cubs? As much as i dislike her, i would not be so pathetic to attack her for that, those are her kids, and if those are her pets names for them, great stuff, i think its nice :)

OK.
    I try to avoid the KP thread unless I'm feeling particularly bored or overly malevolent - I find it lacks the sense of humour this one usually has.
    I'm one of the last people left in the universe who has never been on Twitter so I'm blissfully unaware of the whole thing.
    I genuinely don't think there is anything wrong with parents giving their children nicknames - doesn't PA call Princess something like Pringles(?) - but I wouldn't necessarily advocate them using the nicknames in the public arena.
    I'm truly sick of sticking up for the skanky one, but I do think there is a huge difference between calling a child a nickname and the constant public I-love-my-kids declarations.
    Personally, I would much rather not even know what ANY of their children look like or anything about them but I guess that particular ship has sailed.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Lets lighten the mood with a little caption competition

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/27/618x630/peter_andre_clothes.JPG
    New Peter Andre Waterproof spray on Sixpack - Stencils (not shown) sold separately.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Peter is thinking.........

I love this shot of me, my abbs are 30 inches long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK.
    I try to avoid the KP thread unless I'm feeling particularly bored or overly malevolent - I find it lacks the sense of humour this one usually has.
    I'm one of the last people left in the universe who has never been on Twitter so I'm blissfully unaware of the whole thing.
    I genuinely don't think there is anything wrong with parents giving their children nicknames - doesn't PA call Princess something like Pringles(?) - but I wouldn't necessarily advocate them using the nicknames in the public arena.
    I'm truly sick of sticking up for the skanky one, but I do think there is a huge difference between calling a child a nickname and the constant public I-love-my-kids declarations.
    Personally, I would much rather not even know what ANY of their children look like or anything about them but I guess that particular ship has sailed.

I would prefer not to know what any of the children look like, considering the Mother actually feared they would be kidnapped, but yes, that ship has well and truly sailed. Its still how each parent choose's to show their affection to their child, which is personal to each individual, it would be desperate of me to knock her for showing her affection towards her children, as it is to knock him. It is a very desperate argument.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I swear it's usually like a Sky+ remote - this water is freezing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After losing out to Gary Barlow as DOTY for the second year running, Pete cried himself a river
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I always think of how Jeff Brazier withdrew his kids from the media glare after Jade died. he says he's been offered many 6 figure sums for a photoshoot but he thinks them having a normal, private childhood is worth more than any money. Total respect for him for making those choices.

I find Jeff Brazier quite irritating as a person but there is no way I could deny he has done wonderful job in giving his sons a normal childhood.
    I actually agree with that. The children should not be in the public eye, and that also means, pictures being posted to 1,759,970 strangers, so both parents are to blame, the kids should never have been auctioned off from the beginning.

I kind of agree & I'm presuming you're talking about KP posting pics of her kids? It does seem a tad hypocritical of her considering she didn't want the kids filmed & I could be accused of having double standards but to me having a camera follow you about a minimum of 3/4 hours a day is far more invasive than the occasional picture posted on Twitter but then again she can't demand privacy of her kids & follow it through by posting pics of them herself.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I remember this shot from last year's Dubai calendar shoot. CP was on side telling him to 'think sexy'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Jeff Brazier quite irritating as a person but there is no way I could deny he has done wonderful job in giving his sons a normal childhood.

I kind of agree & I'm presuming you're talking about KP posting pics of her kids? It does seem a tad hypocritical of her considering she didn't want the kids filmed & I could be accused of having double standards but to me having a camera follow you about a minimum of 3/4 hours a day is far more invasive than the occasional picture posted on Twitter but then again she can't demand privacy of her kids & follow it through by posting pics of them herself.

You either want them removed from the public eye, or you don't, its really that simple. :)
    Forum Member

"Please God don't let the water mess up my hair, I look bloody amazing just now"
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it is actually telling the world and his kids that he loves them :confused::confused: I would say it only cheapens it, if you choose to twist it that way

Really? I think it cheapens an argument if people have to twist and twist again to try and make logic, illogical.

Pa cheapens his love by using it. In the same way he uses his children, his relationships, his pain.

I do not make that choice for him, he does. What with him being a grown-up, middle aged man.

If you live by the media-whoring, you die by the media-whoring.
    Forum Member
    You either want them removed from the public eye, or you don't, its really that simple. :)

Well obviously I think they should be out of the public eye completely, I was merely responding to your comment about KP posting a pic on Twitter but in a nutshell, they should never have been made public property in the first place & if PA & KP had a brain cell between them, they would agree to remove them from the public eye immediately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I think it cheapens an argument if people have to twist and twist again to try and make logic, illogical.

Pa cheapens his love by using it. In the same way he uses his children, his relationships, his pain.

I do not make that choice for him, he does. What with him being a grown-up, middle aged man.

If you live by the media-whoring, you die by the media-whoring.

No its a desperate argument if you have to knock any parents individual choice on how they choose to show their feelings for their children, it may not be your way, it may not be mine. What has him being a middle aged man got to do with anything? Like i say, desperate, desperate :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I remember this shot from last year's Dubai calendar shoot. CP was on side telling him to 'think sexy'.

I just cringed reading that........."think sexy":D:o:o
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'Jeez, when they said they were remixing 'Mysterious Girl' I didn't think they'd change the lyrics to Mysterious whirl........ pool'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well obviously I think they should be out of the public eye completely, I was merely responding to your comment about KP posting a pic on Twitter but in a nutshell, they should never have been made public property in the first place & if PA & KP had a brain cell between them, they would agree to remove them from the public eye immediately.

They were made public property, and that should never have been allowed, but if my children were of a serious threat of being kidnapped, as once claimed, i would not be posting pictures of them on Twitter, they would not be followed by camera's, now either there was no really threat, just another desperate attempt for publicity, or neither parent is that bothered. But i do hope that the same mistakes will not be made with baby number 4, but i won't be holding my breath.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were made public property, and that should never have been allowed, but if my children were of a serious threat of being kidnapped, as once claimed, i would not be posting pictures of them on Twitter, they would not be followed by camera's, now either there was no really threat, just another desperate attempt for publicity, or neither parent is that bothered. But i do hope that the same mistakes will not be made with baby number 4, but i won't be holding my breath.

Kay2000 again you are turning this into a topic to bash KP .. When pa heard about the threat of a kidnap did he stop them being filmed ..did he hell.. Teir mother has posted 1 picture of junior in god knows how long and you are slating her yet he has them on tv week in week out and not a word :rolleyes:
    Those kids should never of been on tv or in mags ..that's down to both of them.. One has stopped doing photoshoots and interviews and tv work with them involved.. But thats pointless if the other is still parading them on tv ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's one big IF :(
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Peter Andre sinks to new depths....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey, this is making me want to write a song for my new lady lurve

Young enough to be my daughter
    I bathed in the hot water
    Sweat running down my chest
    My Em Em is the best
    Pure as the driven snow
    With an angel glow
    And she who can't be named
    Makes me feel ashamed
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Betty Britain;65768959 Kay2000 again you are turning this into a topic to bash KP When pa heard about the threat of a kidnap did he stop them being filmed ..did he hell.. Teir mother has posted 1 picture of junior in god knows how long and you are slating her yet he has them on tv week in week out and not a word :rolleyes:
    Those kids should never of been on tv or in mags ..that's down to both of them.. One has stopped doing photoshoots and interviews and tv work with them involved.. But thats pointless if the other is still parading them on tv ..[/QUOTE]

That's not how I read it Betty , Kay is actually berating both parents , if you read it again , she mentions the kids being followed by cameras as well as posting photos on twitter.

It doesn't matter how seldom KP posts photos of the kids , she made a big deal out of withdrawing them from the public eye , she should have stuck to her word then she couldn't be accused of hypocrisy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 again you are turning this into a topic to bash KP .. When pa heard about the threat of a kidnap did he stop them being filmed ..did he hell.. Teir mother has posted 1 picture of junior in god knows how long and you are slating her yet he has them on tv week in week out and not a word :rolleyes:
    Those kids should never of been on tv or in mags ..that's down to both of them.. One has stopped doing photoshoots and interviews and tv work with them involved.. But hats pointless if the ther is still parading them on tv ..

Betty what is it with you? If i wanted to bash Katie, i could simply nip over to the Pricey thread, as i am talking about both Pete's and Katie's children, her name might actually crop up from time to time! It matters not if she posts 1 picture a year, pictures are being posted to more people that any one magazine can sell. Here come's the " what's the point if Pete has them on tv week in week out :D Katie felt that strongly, that she made a public announcement, that she wanted the children removed from the public eye, she did not say i want them removed from tv, because that would show the real reason for the sudden change of heart, but up and down she jumped, then within weeks of the grand announcement, pictures were posted of the children, with her then bf (Leo) to 1,759,970 total strangers. Not sure how many episodes of Pete's show are shown, is it usually 6 episodes per series, so that is hardly week in week out Betty. She could of still removed them herself, god knows she made a big enough song and dance about it, she then could of taken the moral high ground, but she couldn't Betty, so that makes them as bad as each other :D
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No its a desperate argument if you have to knock any parents individual choice on how they choose to show their feelings for their children, it may not be your way, it may not be mine. What has him being a middle aged man got to do with anything? Like i say, desperate, desperate :rolleyes:

See, this would make sense, if that is what I have done. But I haven't.

Showing your feelings for your kids is between you and your kids.

Telling other people about your feelings for your kids constantly, as if you are the only person to have those feelings is between you and the people you are addressing - the readers of the articles, watchers of the shows etc.

Not you and your kids. Hope that clarifies. Because, once again, just so you are not once again confused or mistaken, there is nothing wrong with loving your kids and telling them so.

Telling the rest of the world as if it is a unique selling point, is media-whoring, cheap and tacky. And so very Pa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, this would make sense, if that is what I have done. But I haven't.

Showing your feelings for your kids is between you and your kids.

Telling other people about your feelings for your kids constantly, as if you are the only person to have those feelings is between you and the people you are addressing - the readers of the articles, watchers of the shows etc.

Not you and your kids. Hope that clarifies. Because, once again, just so you are not once again confused or mistaken, there is nothing wrong with loving your kids and telling them so.

Telling the rest of the world as if it is a unique selling point, is media-whoring, cheap and tacky. And so very Pa.

Simple solution. Stop tuning in to hear him tell his children how much he loves them, but no doubt, tomorrow night, there you will be :D:D By the way I LOVE MY KIDS :o:o
This discussion has been closed.