Options

The Dead Zone

LMLM Posts: 63,508
Forum Member
✭✭
Any fans or anyone seen this show?

Just began checking out and I am already hooked. Been checking out quite a few past sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal shows over the last 2 years and this is one of the few where it grabbed me instantly from the pilot. Love the balance of standalones and story arc episodes. Especially the Stillson arc which has developed in late season 1 and now early season 2.

I remember seeing loads of promo's for it when it was originally on the air and always said to myself I will check it out.

Comments

• Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    It's a great series, with some fantastic characters, but be warned, there's no proper finale. It was expected to be renewed for a seventh season but was cancelled instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i heard. No cliffhanger but no resolution on the main plots. I believe the last shot is of Johnny, Sarah and Johnny Junior having a nice family day out. So that's good enough for me. I always make sure a show doesn't end on a cliffhanger before i check it out.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Yep. Another fan here. Though only watched it the once. Kinda spoils it when you know what's going to happen. (Irony over-load!)

Only watched the last season (five) a few years ago on the Horror Channel as Sci-Fi (as was) never showed it.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Hopefully you mean season 6, or you missed a whole year of the show....;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Another fan here. Though only watched it the once. Kinda spoils it when you know what's going to happen. (Irony over-load!)

Only watched the last season (five) a few years ago on the Horror Channel as Sci-Fi (as was) never showed it.

You can say that about anything but there are tons of shows that have that re-watchability factor. I have seen The X files and Buffy episodes a million times. I know what is going to happen but they entertain me and bring me pleasure.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    Hopefully you mean season 6, or you missed a whole year of the show....;)
    >:(:blush::p Probably do then :D`
    You can say that about anything but there are tons of shows that have that re-watchability factor.
    Oh I totally agree. Just DZ isn't one of them for me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finished watching the complete series the other week. I enjoyed it and there are episodes that standout I could watch again

But i can totally understand why ratings dropped and it was cancelled. The stillson arc dragged on for six seasons, and most of the time, it was never going anywhere. I got the impression the writers and the producers were making it up as it went along. Plus in the final season, one character was killed off and two others have very reduced roles in the season, we effectively lost three of the five original main characters. Cast changes never go down well, and I did miss those three characters as a support system for Johnny. But while the last episode doesn't wrap everything up, I am happy with how it ended on that final scene. It could of easily had ended in a cliffhanger like the previous season finales, but the producers had a slight worry they wouldn't be back so they made it open ended.

It was a great viewing experience and I will happily add it to my collection and easily place it among my fav sci-fi/fantasy shows.