Options

Iphone 4 Wifi problem

sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone help with this, is it an issue that will need attention

phone has been fine then for some reason the wifi symbol has gone and been replaced with the e edge symbol. The wifi is working as I am using this on my laptop, it is showing up on the iphone as well but it just isn't connecting. Nothing will open up as a result ei: app store, safari and so on. I have turned it off and on again, taken sim out and then turned on again, and nothing seems to be getting it to turn over to wifi. Any ideas would be greatfully recieved.

Comments

• Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try pressing the blue arrow to the right of the network name in Wifi and clicking 'Forget this Network' - then try connect again and re-enter the password. Worth a try.
  • Options
    sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Try pressing the blue arrow to the right of the network name in Wifi and clicking 'Forget this Network' - then try connect again and re-enter the password. Worth a try.

yeah just done this one and still no joy.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sensoria wrote: »
    yeah just done this one and still no joy.

Tried rebooting the router? And rebooting the iPhone (home and power buttons together for 10secs)? Can you connect to other networks or is all WiFi not working?
  • Options
    neil79neil79 Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just upgraded to 4 this week & all I had to do was put the router password in the settings on the phone.

Wi-fi was decent on my 3G but is so much faster on my 4.